It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Road Rage, Racial Profiling, Or some kind of personal dispute?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I just read this article in Stltoday It's a website for the St. Louis Post Dispatch. Sounds like someone lost their temper and blasted this girl 2 times. There could be a different side of the story, I don't know if they knew each other. I guess we will find out more details when they catch the guy. Link
edit on 19-8-2012 by Jodlum66 because: added something

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Here's the story. young black men growing up in broken homes without parents to teach them right from wrong. They listen to music that encourages the thug lifestyle and being tough. They also are raised in a environment where they are taught to hate white people for whatever reason. So now you have a bunch of young punks who go from normal behavior to full rage in an instance just because someone looked at the the wrong way and if that person who offended them is white the rage goes even higher. I work in a predominately black area and black males ALWAYS stare me down. It's very primitive behavior not unlike what predatory animals do. It's one way of knowing how people will react in conflict, do you continue to stare back showing equal aggression/confidence or do you look down/away out of fear???????

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Jodlum66

Sounds more like she was with the suspect, probably dating him or something.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Here's an update that says they don't think she knew the assailant. From the Post Dispatch

The SLU women’s volleyball team’s coaches and players met Sunday at Chaifetz Arena to talk about their slain teammate. A team coach who wasn’t permitted to speak openly said Boken’s death has been difficult for the team as it prepares for the season with its first game on the road Friday against the University of Nebraska.

“Megan was a wonderful and beautiful human being loved by everyone she met,” the Boken family said Sunday in an emailed statement to the Post-Dispatch read. “The initial reports that Megan knew her attacker are no longer believed to be true. The family asks that you keep Megan and them in your thoughts and prayers and respect their privacy at this time.”

Police said Sunday there was no evidence Boken knew her killer. However, St. Louis Mayor Francis Slay’s press secretary, Kara Bowlin, tweeted Saturday that it appeared Boken knew her killer but later revised her comments to say that the evidence was not clear and that her earlier tweet may have been premature.

Slay, in response to Saturday’s killing and recent gun violence in the city and across the country, says he hopes people will start pushing for stricter federal gun laws. There has been a 14 percent rise in shootings in the city this year through July compared to the same period a year earlier.

“This is something that puts a scar on the neighborhood and on the city,” he said in an interview. “The more guns that are out there, the easier it is for thugs to get them and to use them on some innocent victim.”

Boken was a four-year volleyball player who graduated with a bachelor’s degree in business administration with a concentration in marketing, the university said.

According to Boken’s LinkedIn page, she worked as a financial advisor for Edward Jones in Wheaton from last September through June. Before attending SLU, she went to St. Francis High School in Wheaton.

Funeral arrangements had not yet been set.
edit on 19-8-2012 by Jodlum66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Nevermind, I'm digging deeper, I found this. So it looks like she was somehow connected to the guy.

Mark Frances · Top Commenter
If you go to the site (www.billikens.com), the bulletin board contains emails from a female friend of Megan who had been to dinner with her shortly before. The posting states that Megan was receiving harassing text messages and that she knew the individual and where he worked. This information was passed on to homicide.

This should be easily cracked by the detectives. Check the number that the texts came from. Then track that person down. If they can't find the person or the phone. Then look at all of the outgoing calls from that number. I'm sure there is a way to do that through the cell towers or the provider of the phone. Also, they could ask all those people that he called from that phone, who's number it is.
edit on 19-8-2012 by Jodlum66 because: Added some more information.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Jodlum66

Random murders for no reason are incredibly rare. People just don't walk up to other peoples cars and shoot them. Unless they're taking the car.. which he clearly didn't. This kind of crime is even more rare in more affluent neighborhoods .. such as this. And given the time I'd say it's clearly a crime of passion. Probably arguing etc he got mad and killed her. At least they know who did it and he'll pay for what he did.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Here's another update that says they don't think she knew the killer. This story keeps going back and forth. I don't know if they will find the killer, but it doesn't sound promising. The friend makes it sound like they don't hang out with that type of person, especially anyone that does drugs or has guns. I guess she meant "thug" black people. Here is some info from her friend posted from the Post dispatch again.

A friend and former SLU teammate, Sarah Entzeroth, 25, said Boken was in St. Louis for the SLU alumni game and to interview for jobs here. Entzeroth said Boken was shot shortly after they returned from walking Entzeroth's dog in Forest Park -- and apparently while Boken talked by cell phone with her mother.

Entzeroth said Boken's car had been parked near her apartment in the Central West End and that Boken on her way to play in the SLU alumni volleyball game. Entzeroth, who decided not to attend the alumni game because she was shopping for a house, believes the attack was random.

"I hate that there's even still a suggestion that she might have known this person because she didn't," she said. "We don't hang out with anyone that does drugs or has guns or that kills people. It was a random attack by a bad person who didn't know Megan. It's madness."

top topics

join