It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attack on Iran will bring destruction of Israel – Ahmadinejad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
There is something quite odd about Iran's stance, as it relates to the threat that it faces from Israel, the United States and other NATO powers...something quite puzzling.

There is nothing conciliatory about their rhetoric, at all. They are not only defiant against (nearly) the entire international community as it relates to their nuclear technology development - but increasingly they are making overt threats of major retaliation, of one sort or another, against those who might attack their disputed nuclear facilities.

...a speech given by Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Friday, “The Zionist regime and the Zionists are a cancerous tumor,” he declared in remarks at Tehran University. “The nations of the region will soon finish off the usurper Zionists in the Palestinian land.”

He went on to say that a “new” Middle East, free of US and “Zionist” influence, would then be formed

So, Iranian plans are to find a way to end Isreal's existence as a "Zionist" entity.

And then this...

“If they make a mistake, our nation's reaction will lead to the end of the Zionist regime,” Foreign Ministry spokesperson Ramin Mehmanparast was quoted by the ISNA news agency as saying.

That seems pretty clear...and their buddies in Hezbollah seem to be in lock step.

Nasrallah also predicted that an Israeli strike on Iran would bring an “enormous response” from the Islamic Republic, giving it “the opportunity it has been dreaming of” since 1979.

rt.com...

Well...so apparently (according to this guy anyway), Iran has been itching to militarily destroy Israel since 1979 - but up until now they have not succeeded in goading Israel into attacking them...which would be their justification for ending the "Zionist Regime".

Not content with this, recently they have also said...

...Gen. Ami Ali Hajizadeh of the Revolutionary Guards (was quoted) as saying U.S. bases are in range of Iran's missiles and could be hit in retaliatory strikes...."Measures have been taken so that we could destroy all these bases in the early minutes of an attack," said Hajizadeh, chief of the Guards' air-space division.

www.foxnews.com...

Of course, I could add many other quotes coming out of Iran in recent weeks, but the above should be enough to make the point.

Now, my point here is not whether or not Iran would have the right to defend herself, and to retaliate if they are attacked by Israel and/or America (and maybe more countries). Of course they do...as any nation does.

What i find strange is the level of the rhetoric, which seems to suggest that they actually think they can (if they decide to) destroy Israel...and that they could destroy (or seriously damage) U.S. military assets in the Middle East - without this resulting in the wholesale destruction of their own country (or at least the end of their Islamic Republic form of government).

1) Why do they seem to think that, if they rain powerful (but still conventional) missiles down on Israeli cities, killing thousands of civilians in the process...and in the process bring the "Zionist Regime" to the brink of collapse - that the Israelis would not simply end the threat, by ending them.

While Iran is "suspected" of trying to develop nuclear weapons...everyone knows that Israel has them - and the delivery systems needed to deliver them to Tehran. If it comes down to a question of allowing Iran to destroy them, or them destroying Iran...can there be any question what the Israeli decision would be?

2) Why do they seem to think that they could get away with destroying American military bases, or sinking U.S. warships, in some kind of retaliatory strike?

Surely they understand that were they to take such action...they are not exactly in America's good books already...America would simply thereafter muster the forces necessary to pick their entire military apparatus apart (as it did in Iraq and Afghanistan). After those attacks began, it would only be a matter of weeks before the current government in Iran would lose all of their ability to exert power internationally (and for the most part domestically).

So...I have to ask:

a) Do they have a major Ace up their sleeve that we do not know about or understand (weapons of some kind, or reliable pacts with powerful allies...like, say, Russia)?
b) Are they just trying to "puff up" (like Saddam did with his "Mother of all Battles" rhetoric), in hopes of scaring off their antagonists...all the while knowing they do not hold a winning hand?
c) Are they so zealous in their religious convictions, that they actually do want to trigger "Armageddon"?
d) Or something else...

What say you, ATS?

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
With as many missiles that Iran has they have a good chance at taking out Israel. And if Israel attacks Iran America will of course run to help Israel so Iran will retaliate against America. This is one fight America should stay out of we have already lost way too many lives protecting a hole like Israel.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I'd go for option a).
He hasn't any nuclear capability but it sounds like he knows something that we don't.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

I expect that Iran could inflict a lot of damage on Israeli cities, and maybe a lot of fixed military facilities (like airports and other bases)...but I doubt they could find and destroy Israel's submarines - which likely have nuclear armed cruise missiles on board at this juncture.

So, I still have to ask...why do they seem to think they can win such a clash?

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Middle Eastern situations, it seems, tend to go down this road over and over again....

Gaddafi's "Line of death"...

Husseins "Mother of all battles"...

The Talibans "the hour is coming"...

Generally speaking is a bad sign for all... As these bouts of rhetoric tend to directly proceed military action.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by abdel

There has been speculation for some time that somewhere along the line somebody has slipped Iran a few warheads...and that since that time they have been working on the Ballistic Missile technology they would need to deliver them.

Certainly their recent missile firing tests would suggest they now have the range...and maybe have figured out how to fit a nuclear device to one of their long-range models...

Is that the Ace up their sleeve?

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by mobiusmale

Well in that case I might change my choice to c).

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by mobiusmale
reply to post by buster2010

I expect that Iran could inflict a lot of damage on Israeli cities, and maybe a lot of fixed military facilities (like airports and other bases)...but I doubt they could find and destroy Israel's submarines - which likely have nuclear armed cruise missiles on board at this juncture.

So, I still have to ask...why do they seem to think they can win such a clash?

Compare the two militaries Israel doesn't stand a chance without using nukes. Iran has about six times the number of subs Israel has so taking out Israels few subs should be no problem. And if Israel were to use nukes it would be a big mistake for Israel.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by mobiusmale

I have seen pictures of Ahmadinejad making the famous devil sign ,and shake hands with the
queen with mason handshake.Everything is staged for there alien masters.All this crap
is staged,all the world.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I have to go with secret nukes......
The Iranis would be foolsh ndeed to be talkng up a storm without the hardware to back it up....and i do NOT believe they are stupid!
The open market on missing Russian nukes that was a symptom of the breakup of the USSR.......could well have supplied a few to Iran.....
Pakistan, may have offered them some vital info, or help long ago when the islamic world was seekng to arm itself with the nuclear threat.
NK also is a close tradng partner with Iran, and may even be in league with them militarily in case of a war breaking out.
In a world full of nuclear bombs its not al all improbable for Iran to have some.
With the Missile power which they have focussed upon Isreal, Diamona (the Isreali nuke plant) must be well covered by now....a direct hit with conventional missiles may turn it not a gaping nuclear sore on isreali land, as well as an immense dirty bomb that could pollute Isreal for ever....

top topics

join