It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miscarriages due to power plant proximity.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Has anyone else ever heard of miscarriages due to living within a close proximity to a power plant?

A family member was unable to carry a child for a few years, and when they moved out, the new owners had the same problem.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheUndertaker
Has anyone else ever heard of miscarriages due to living within a close proximity to a power plant?

A family member was unable to carry a child for a few years, and when they moved out, the new owners had the same problem.

interesting. i live about 1 mile from a plant and we've had 5 miscarriages..

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TheUndertaker

I haven't heard that power plants cause miscarriages.

I have heard that if people live near relay power stations, they will eventually go crazy. I don't know if it's true.

What kind of power plant does the couple live near? How close? Does one of them work at the power plant?

Could it be possible that the plant is producing a waste product that is contaminating the water/soil/air and exposure is harming the fetus?

ETA: I grew up in a small town with a power plant within one mile of my home. The town, about 3-miles, surrounded the plant.
The power plant was part of a lumber mill and would make steam by burning left over wood pieces/particles.
As far as I know, the people didn't have any significant number of miscarriages.
edit on 18-8-2012 by collietta because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Well, I have this friend who is a dog breeder.

He bought a house very near a power relay station, because the land was so cheap he would have room to raise his puppies.

Well, 6 months after he moved there he noticed that 2 of the three female labs he owns had miscarriages early on in the term.

He stayed there for two years with a marked decrease in puppies that came to term, he got fed up and moved because of the problem.

I have no idea how this would effect people though.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Keeper of Kheb

I'm sorry to hear that

It seems to be a common occurance..

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by collietta

It was an electrical plant power plant. I think its purpose was to reroute electricity to the nearby structures. Like a middle-man sort of site.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Perhaps the same way?

I'm thinking it could be altering our own levels of normal production.. I'm not sure exactly. I'd love to hear from someone who has a little more expertise on the matter.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Perhaps the same way?

I'm thinking it could be altering our own levels of normal production.. I'm not sure exactly. I'd love to hear from someone who has a little more expertise on the matter.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
coal plant? gas? i's certainly not nuclear or you'd have posted it immediately.

i think it matters what they burn, i can only suggest: if it's coal, sample for heavy metals in blood and urine, if it's gas, test for Radon exposure. edit: please note that Radon testing will have to be performed over a reasonable period of time to get any results, unless you are actually seeking its decay products (which are solid and accumulate).
edit on 2012.8.22 by Long Lance because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheUndertaker

yeah but what KIND of power plant??? hydro? coal? nuclear? or do you think it's just the EMF radiation??

top topics

join