It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Not Strive In Your Mind To Walk With Me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
This is still a growing edge, for me.

I'm not sure she articulates any more clearly the HOW to do so but yet there's some bits in the whole article that may be of some help toward the goal.

Flowing at rest and at peace with Holy Spirit seems to be a big key. . . . and probably the HOW to do that is tailored to each person and where their walk with God is, at the time.

May the article be a blessing to all who seek intimacy with God.

However, I believe in my heart, mind and spirit that Susan is spot on with this exhortation, prophecy. May it minister to others as it is, to me. The whole article is at the link. She normally prefers I post her stuff as a whole article and has given me written permission to do so. However, per policy:

lists.topica.com...

Jul 13, 2012 21:32 PDT

Do Not Strive In Your Mind To Walk With Me

Child, do not strive in your mind to walk with Me. Just as I am one with
you, and you are also a part of Me, I want you to know that there is to
be no struggle in our union or in our mutual flowing. Remember, I do not
struggle in my relationship with you, nor do I struggle to know you; yet
you struggle in both areas with Me. You must open your spirit to Me more
and do not allow your mind or thoughts to hinder your growth with Me. I
do not live within your mind, but I dwell within your spirit. I speak to
your mind with My thoughts, but they originate from within your spirit,
where I speak to you from. So, it is within that place, your spirit,
that our relationship develops and also grows. I do not want you to
struggle in your mind or thoughts anymore regarding your position with
Me. Submit your mind and your thoughts to Me, to My Word, and to your
own spirit, for that is where your authority lies. You are a Spirit, and
you are to rule over your thoughts in your soul and also your flesh; and
you are to bring them into subjection to Me, and to My Word. Do not
allow your thoughts to become cluttered with fears and worries regarding
this life and it's directions. But commit yourself fully to Me and let
Me guide you in the full freedom that comes from knowing and walking
with Me.

. . .

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

With all due respect, this thread would mean more to me if you had a deeper understanding of what the "Holy Spirit" actually is, instead of attributing it to a god stolen from a faith that was subsequently curb-stomped until it surrendered everything that rightfully belonged to it.

With that said, I respectfully disagree with everything you posted. We are demanded to resist our nature, yet told it's futile to strive for perfection. It's an illogical conundrum.
edit on 17-8-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

It sounds, to me, the writer was greatly influenced by the writing and philosophy of Lao Tzu and the Tao, as well as Buddhism.

www.taoquotes.org...

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by BO XIAN

It sounds, to me, the writer was greatly influenced by the writing and philosophy of Lao Tzu and the Tao, as well as Buddhism.

www.taoquotes.org...

I'm not aware of any such in her background. Conceivable.

However, I am utterly confident that when she gets a dream or vision or a word driectly into her mind from The Lord--SHE RELATES IT AS SHE RECEIVED IT.

She would NOT DARE to alter it whatsoever, regardless of her background.

We all see the world through our own experiences. And that includes coloring and interpreting everything about other people and the 'objecvtive' world at large--according to our colored lenses colored by our experiences. We cannot do otherwise.

However, we can take folks at face value unless and until they prove that's unwise.

I assure you she is not mixing any other anything into her msgs from The Lord and how she relates them. She is very sobered about that responsibility and takes it extremely seriously to avoid altering it or coloring it by her own humanness.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN
lists.topica.com...

The verses quoted seemed to have avoided the core teachings of Jesus in verses such as Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.

"No Struggle" doesn't sound right. To dwell in the spirit is to escape the flesh, you die to yourself. It's a struggle.

Jesus himself told to partake of his flesh (word of truth) and blood (sufferings, carry your cross).

Our world is of the flesh, causes much suffering, injustice, unrighteousness, and misery. Ours is of the spirit. It's going to be war, struggle.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ahnggk

Originally posted by BO XIAN
lists.topica.com...

The verses quoted seemed to have avoided the core teachings of Jesus in verses such as Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.

"No Struggle" doesn't sound right. To dwell in the spirit is to escape the flesh, you die to yourself. It's a struggle.

Jesus himself told to partake of his flesh (word of truth) and blood (sufferings, carry your cross).

Our world is of the flesh, causes much suffering, injustice, unrighteousness, and misery. Ours is of the spirit. It's going to be war, struggle.

I think you missed her meaning.

Christ emphasized that He overcame the world, the flesh and the devil--and that through HIM, we might overcome those as well.

The Scripture is full of exhortations to avoid leaning on the arm of flesh.

When it comes to FLOWING IN HOLY SPIRIT vs leaning on the arm of flesh, Scripture is quite clear which side God stands on.

The struggle between the Kingdom of God vs satan's kingdom is a different issue. Certainly great victories require great battles.

STRIVING in the natural, in the flesh is NOT a fruit of Holy Spirit.

This exhortation is merely an affirmation of the Scripture that

GOD IS THE AUTHOR AND FINISHER OF OUR FAITH

--NOT our arm of flesh.
--NOT our own human striving.
--NOT pulling ourselves up by our own bootstraps.
--NOT our own spiritual vanity, presumptions and used Kotex works of righteousness

Isaiah 64:6
But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy [minstral] rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I think none of you know what you're talking about. See, anything that passes from one human being to another is tainted by their filters and their interpretation. ALL EXPLICIT KNOWLEDGE REQUIRES INTERPRETATION, AND ALL INTERPRETATION IS IMPERFECT.

But see, the masses of sheeple ignore that fact, because it would mean admitting they don't have a clue. Oh dear.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Welllllllll . . . I"ve been soaked enough in Holy Spirit on occasion that some described me as drunk.

I think some of us are far more acquainted with Holy Spirit and His work of glorifying and lifting up Yeshua The Christ than your construction on reality might imagine.

However, I don't think I have a sufficient gifting in miracles to convince you of much regarding such matters.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Welllllllll . . . I"ve been soaked enough in Holy Spirit on occasion that some described me as drunk.

Drunk is a funny way to describe it. Sure it wasn't the communion wine?

In all seriousness, I would respectfully request that you define YOUR version of the "Holy Spirit".

I think some of us are far more acquainted with Holy Spirit and His work of glorifying and lifting up Yeshua The Christ than your construction on reality might imagine.

My construction of reality is based on empirical evidence and empirical extrapolation, not making up whatever sounds good and accusing anyone who disagrees of worshipping a being whose identity was stolen from a pagan faith thousands of years ago...coincidentally, the same pagan faiths were used to flesh out the religion that you keep yammering on about.

However, I don't think I have a sufficient gifting in miracles to convince you of much regarding such matters.

I'm not in the market for miracles. I'm looking for your "God" to get off his fat arse and actually give the people what he's been promising for the past 2,000 years. One would think that World War 2 would wake him up, but no...had to take a nap while two planes obliterated thousands of people in an act that one crossed wire in the electrical unit of those planes would have prevented.

But, you know, the "lord" works in mysterious ways.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by BO XIAN

Drunk is a funny way to describe it. Sure it wasn't the communion wine?

In all seriousness, I would respectfully request that you define YOUR version of the "Holy Spirit".

Acts 2 is a good description of Holy Spirit's operations . . . as are I Cor 12 through 14. Beyond that,

www.biblegateway.com...

is a good place to do a search on the verses related to Holy Spirit.

My construction of reality is based on empirical evidence and empirical extrapolation, not making up whatever sounds good and accusing anyone who disagrees of worshipping a being whose identity was stolen from a pagan faith thousands of years ago...coincidentally, the same pagan faiths were used to flesh out the religion that you keep yammering on about.

I understand that's your perspective.

It's not mine. The Lord has made HIMSELF and the Father and Holy Spirit abundantly real to me.

Arguments about ancient texts, customs, tribal habits etc. just don't convince me to any degree away from the

RELATIONSHIP I have with The Lord Jesus, Yeshua, The Christ.

I'm not in the market for miracles. I'm looking for your "God" to get off his fat arse and actually give the people what he's been promising for the past 2,000 years. One would think that World War 2 would wake him up, but no...had to take a nap while two planes obliterated thousands of people in an act that one crossed wire in the electrical unit of those planes would have prevented.

But, you know, the "lord" works in mysterious ways.

Almighty God never sleeps nor slumbers.

Folks denying His priority and realities about Him however, often seem to be sleepwalking.

Thanks for your fairly civil replies . . . I think.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Without God the fate you are creating for yourself, is eternal hell fire which was designed for fallen angels. Ponder that fate. A fate that is 1000s of times more painful than anything that can even be experienced in the 3rd dimension and one that lasts forever and ever. When fallen souls beg for mercy they are given remembrance of the humans who tried to point them the right way. All the conversations you had with people trying to point you to Yahshua; they will be circulated for you millions and millions of times and you will never be able to forget those experiences, and repentance will be too late.

Everything good in your life is from the light of God though you mock his name.

The Holy Spirit will come around you if you read his word and walk in his righteousness; call him your Lord.

verses:

...and hast made us unto out God Kings and Priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

Now I say that the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all.

But is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the Father. Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the World.

and be not conformed to this World; but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind that ye may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

Who also hath made us able ministers of the New Testament; not of the letter, but of the Spirit; for the letter killeth, bu the Spirit giveth life.

And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the son. If ye shall ask anything in my name. I will do it.

-----

Holy Ghost open up this Soul to receive your Spirit, your inheritance in Jesus' name.

All false flag operations scheduled for 2013 I order to fall part, to fail, to be exposed, in Jesus' name.

USA let the masses start putting into power those that reflect their wishes, let those corrupt in power be bound by litigation and the fury of those who have been betrayed...In Jesus' name

Palsy in Nathan you are evicted, we command you leave Nathan in the Jesus' precious name. We know that "The covenant of life in Christ is stronger than the power of sin and death." All sickness and death LEAVE that boy NOW. Nathan be perfectly healthy, Amen.

Dick be healed, Megan your home from the hospital, now be 100% free of cancer, Rhonda you miraculously woke up from your post accident comma now be 100% healed with full use of your vocal chords, in Yahshua Jesus Christ' name, Amen.

America be led to repentance to praise the King of Kings who reigns forever.

edit on 17-10-2013 by StopThaZionistWorldOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by StopThaZionistWorldOrder

Without God the fate you are creating for yourself, is eternal hell fire which was designed for fallen angels. Ponder that fate.

Give me freedom or give me death. Also, the Bible does not state that a damned individual will spend eternity in hell fire, but will spend a thousand years before being utterly consumed and destroyed. Either way, I would rather die permanently than subjugate myself eternally.

A fate that is 1000s of times more painful than anything that can even be experienced in the 3rd dimension and one that lasts forever and ever. When fallen souls beg for mercy they are given remembrance of the humans who tried to point them the right way. All the conversations you had with people trying to point you to Yahshua; they will be circulated for you millions and millions of times and you will never be able to forget those experiences, and repentance will be too late.

Sure sounds like something a loving god would do to his children. Did you catch the sarcasm? Because that was sarcastic. The father of the wayward son will slaughter his fattest cattle and break open his finest wine to celebrate his son's return, but the father of all that exists puts a very harsh deadline on forgiveness. Why can't your god practice what he preaches?

Everything good in your life is from the light of God though you mock his name.

No, it did not. The closest your statement comes to being accurate is that I have benefitted from people whose convictions in that god have led them to do something they could have done anyway, and with exactly the same results. They feel good for being selfless, and those who have received such kindness will remember it.

The Holy Spirit will come around you if you read his word and walk in his righteousness; call him your Lord.

To keep it short and sweet...no. I will not recognize your god as anything other than exactly what he is - a self-centered narcissist with delusions of grandeur and a superiority complex. I would recognize him as an entity far more capable than myself, but he would not be my god nor my master. And I would tell him as much. How he chooses to react is his decision, but if he destroys me, I lose nothing. Rather he will lose - for destroying that which you cannot have is not the same as having it, and he would know it. He would know I got what I wanted and he did not. A human defeated a god by claiming the last laugh. Such poetic justice for the being who created Hell.

Holy Ghost open up this Soul to receive your Spirit, your inheritance in Jesus' name.

No.

America be led to repentance to praise the King of Kings who reigns forever.

I don't think it's America that needs to learn repentance. Hint: you worship him. And no, not Jesus. The other one.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

His children don't go there, how foolish your words are. Those are the devil's children. If your not God's child, your Satan's, which means he gets your soul in eternal fire nothing about 1000 years, eternally. Satan is the coward, he is the one here to kill, steal, and destroy souls.

I did what I came to this forum to do, deliver this message to you. I don't have time to read rebuttals to God's word it's not to be disobeyed. If you disobey his word your an outlaw and you don't have the authority, only the temporary ability to disobey. God eventually takes his hand off of those who continually reject his word.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by StopThaZionistWorldOrder

His children don't go there, how foolish your words are. Those are the devil's children. If your not God's child, your Satan's

I am no one's but my own. That's how it stays.

, which means he gets your soul in eternal fire nothing about 1000 years, eternally. Satan is the coward, he is the one here to kill, steal, and destroy souls.

The only person I hear about threatening to kill and destroy stuff is your god. Come to think of it, isn't Satan his little pet? Didn't he invent sin as well? Isn't he the one who designed us to be susceptible to Satan? Isn't he the one who put Satan on this planet? The one planet inhabited by his crowning creation, the human race?

It seems to me like we never had a chance to begin with. And seeing as how God has all the power, guess who's responsible for that? Guess who's responsible for setting everything up so that we have to do whatever he says or suffer the unspeakable consequences?

You have some serious projection issues if you want to call Satan a coward. You, who can't even stand up for yourself. You'd rather let God control your life. You want to be used like a glove, in return for being one of God's favorite kids, because life is just too hard and impartial to deal with. And when you've lived a life indiscernable from millions of other lives lead by Christians and Catholics and Judaics, you'll look back and think what a fine job you've done, killing off everything that made you special. Everything that made you someone.

I hope, when that hour is upon you, when you have minutes left to live and you realize how utterly bland you were as an individual, you will remember this post.

I did what I came to this forum to do, deliver this message to you. I don't have time to read rebuttals to God's word it's not to be disobeyed. If you disobey his word your an outlaw and you don't have the authority, only the temporary ability to disobey. God eventually takes his hand off of those who continually reject his word.

I'd rather die as an outlaw than live as a slave. You are a disgrace to the human race if you are willing to settle for any less, and a detriment to our future.
edit on 17-10-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

top topics

join