It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

chicken-egg *Im new here*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   
doesnt really matter which came first chicken or the egg what matters is the its there. being, it has presence and not made to be figured out.

BUT in using that .i would like for some to please explain to me how the mere thought of *GOD* as in jesus the holy spirit came in to existance not as a physical entity but simply a thought. how could such a being or idea of that magnitude even come from the human mind unless you are that is and allways is.
repond if you comply with me

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I'm confused, but I can tell you this -- the chicken came first!

Hope that helps (lol).

Zip

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Welcome.

The egg came first because eggs were around long before chickens.

As for the other........

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I have thought long and hard about this and come to the conciliation of �the egg� and hears why. This theory requires the existence of evolution.

In the past you had a dinosaur (we will call him BOB) (which are believed to have evolved in to birds) and it laid an egg now the creature in side would be different from the parent dinosaur (BOB) and we will call this new creature (FRED). Now that creature will lay and egg and the genetic change this time will cause the egg to contain the DNA of a chicken. So the egg came first because the parent was not a chicken it was something that was like but not quite a chicken. So the first egg which would become a chicken must have happen before the first chicken because it would not have been laid by a chicken.

I accelerated thing a little to make it clearer.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   
the point i tried to make earlier. was missed by the few who replied on the chicken egg topic which wasnt the point at all

i understand. what i was trying to say is how*GOD* or any human relation to him could exist physically if it wasnt a thought beforehand.because andything created of matter had to be from an inital thought before it can be a part of matter .and how did the thought come about and by whom or what.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elfwood
I have thought long and hard about this and come to the conciliation of “the egg” and hears why. This theory requires the existence of evolution.

In the past you had a dinosaur (we will call him BOB) (which are believed to have evolved in to birds) and it laid an egg...

JohnBull1 said
The egg came first because eggs were around long before chickens.

The dinosaur is the chicken. The question isn't what came first, the Gallus Domesticus or the egg? it is what came first, the egg-laying animal or the egg? ...

Chickens evolved from non-chickens through small changes caused by the mixing of male and female DNA or by mutations to the DNA that produced the zygote. These changes and mutations only have an effect at the point where a new zygote is created. That is, two non-chickens mated and the DNA in their new zygote contained the mutation(s) that produced the first true chicken. That one zygote cell divided to produce the first true chicken.

So the egg came before the Gallus Domesticus but not necessarily the Mother-of-All-Chickenlike-Animals.

Zip

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Egg came first. Technically, the egg came at the point where sexual reproduction evolved and we got egg and sperm. Remember that not all eggs are hardshelled.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Egg came first. Technically, the egg came at the point where sexual reproduction evolved and we got egg and sperm. Remember that not all eggs are hardshelled.

Of course we are talking about Chickens here too, so a "hardshelled" egg is prudent. The chicken would have to come first because the chickens egg left unattended would be subject to predatory carnivors. Also, a hardshelled egg would have to have a proper incubation period in order for it to resist the elements in order for development to happen. The real issue would become...was it the egg or the Chicken that evolved first?

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Egg. We've got non-birdlike dinos with fossilized eggs.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
The chicken and egg came last.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Egg. We've got non-birdlike dinos with fossilized eggs.

I guess it would also depend on what the definition of "chicken" is as well. Essentially there are different stages in the development of any egg, so just like the abortion issue...when does the "egg" become the "chicken". Before birth there is a "chicken" inside the egg waiting to unveil itself to the world, and in this respect the chicken and the egg are one and the same. Chickens evolved from changes or mutation in the DNA that produced the Zygote. So, by this thinking, yes, the egg would come first...but when can you effectively call a newly created species by a new name? In mammals one cannot easily detect the difference between the early stages of development of chickens, humans, elephants, etc...the list goes on. The chicken only becomes a "chicken" at the instance it diverges from the structure of other known lifeforms. If the species that first evolved into the chicken by means of fertilization was not known as a chicken (which is true), how would the observer know if the newly created lifeform would become a present day chicken? One cannot know because only at the instance it differentiates itself from other mammals it becomes "itself".

Now, assuming that the original species that created the modern chicken laid hardshelled eggs as well...would mean they would have to incubate it. The fact that that species had the "potential" to evolve into the chicken makes it part chicken itself, and thus if the new chicken is killed because of improper care it negates the possibility of the egg coming first. Since said species has "potential" to become a chicken it would effectively mean that the Chicken came first.

Eggs cannot breed eggs. As they say...only life can give life, and in the same way, only the chicken can give an egg!

Chicken wins

Wow...we really have too much time on our hands

[edit on 12-10-2004 by Jazzerman]

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   
The unfertilized female's sans-shell egg came before the shelled egg. In this manner, the mother of all chickens (some kind of dinosaur) came before the shell-bearing egg. It comes down to semantics and interpretation.

How about, "what came first, the fish or the egg?"

Zip

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Oh, snap! I have a fellow supporter of the chicken first theory! That mod who poked his head in, said "EGG!", and disappeared, will never know the sweetness of a chicken versus egg fight.

*cheer*

Zip

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 06:52 AM
link   

In the past you had a dinosaur (we will call him BOB) (which are believed to have evolved in to birds) and it laid an egg now the creature in side would be different from the parent dinosaur (BOB) and we will call this new creature (FRED). Now that creature will lay and egg and the genetic change this time will cause the egg to contain the DNA of a chicken.

How on earth can a dinosaur lay an egg containing a chicken or a bird. That is absurd. I have never heard of a reptile laying an egg that has hatched something with wings, it is illogical.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Yo there...1TRUTH1GODIAM

perhaps your seeking that 'Consciousness', the 'ONE', the 'GOD HEAD',
is not to be found....

perhaps, only the 'chicken-egg' conundrum. is permitted to flourish?

that alluded to idea, a pre material universe 'Consciousness' which also created life, then humans, then Buddahs' & Jesus' etc...is... in this contemporary world, being
further characterized as a 'Quantum Consciousness, the 'Field' and the
'Force'....

there are many sources on the web
there are free e-books too

? are you aware, the Tower of Babel, was a ziggeraut built by Babylonia--
fashioned after the Sumerian Entemenanki...both of which
preceeded the Genesis account of history & creation myth...

welcome, & peace

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by rosebeforetime

In the past you had a dinosaur (we will call him BOB) (which are believed to have evolved in to birds) and it laid an egg now the creature in side would be different from the parent dinosaur (BOB) and we will call this new creature (FRED). Now that creature will lay and egg and the genetic change this time will cause the egg to contain the DNA of a chicken.

How on earth can a dinosaur lay an egg containing a chicken or a bird. That is absurd. I have never heard of a reptile laying an egg that has hatched something with wings, it is illogical.

It was probably more along the lines of... Feathers came first, then feathers with stubs, then more feathers and bigger stubs, lighter weight bones, etc. It didn't just come out and say "Baawk!", it evolved. Have you ever seen a walking catfish?

encarta.msn.com...

There are plenty of species today with strange, half-usable appendages on their bodies, or similar things that appear at first to be lame freak-of-nature traits but with a million years of reproduction could become functional. It also works backwards, for instance, a species that is gradually losing something - like a tail, for example.

Indeed, a t-rex didn't produce a chicken, but gradually certain types of dinosaurs became more and more birdlike until they became birds.

Zip

EDIT: I should add -- while many species of dinosaur became extinct, many simply evolved, and we are surrounded by them today.

[edit on 13-10-2004 by Zipdot]

top topics

join