It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the US helping to resurrect an ancient country in the middle east?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Hey OP,

You just blew my mind man!!!!!!!!!
Is this your theory or are you relaying it?

I had trouble understanding how all the uprisings and wars in the middle east played into TPTB hands but your theory actually makes it make sense.

True or not (I think it sounds true) its a fine example of putting the evidence and circumstances together to make an awesome conspiracy theory

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
US seems to be helping to resurrecting many things.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

It just popped into my head while watching the news and seeing the maps of the area. iwas trying to figure out why all these uprising were happening and this seems like it fits perfectly.
As far as i know im the only one that has come to this conclusion other than the people doing it.
edit on 16-8-2012 by pez1975 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Well Iran, Lebanon and Syria wont live through the Gog-Magog war so what is left will fall to the Kurdish people for the most part. I would not doubt Turkey sticks its nose where it does not belong and gets thumped for letting Russia bring its armored divisions to Israel's boarders as well.

I think a Kurdish state is just bound to rise from the ashes, as the capitals of most of these nations will be destroyed for attacking Israel.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Make a new country that you control over the oil, pretend that you're doing it for the safety of the Kurdish people, that makes it difficult for people to argue against you i.e. "You're being anti-kurdmitic"

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
It's those kinds of questions that get u mysteriously put on lists.

It should be the kind of questions wolf blitzer should be asking, but he likes eating at the whitehouse to much.
edit on 16-8-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by pez1975

Hate to be picky from a geo-historical perspective so I apologize before hand. I have no opinion on whether Kurdistan will become a reality or not or who is driving the train. All I have to offer is a a small piece to consider from greater altitude.

If Kurdistan eventually claims physical borders, where do we draw them? At which point does one go to in the history of the region to "define" a starting point or a "let's get back to how it used to be" or "capture holistically a common group of peoples"? 1900? 1800? 1000 BCE?

Let's say Kurdistan gets "resurrected", where do we stop? Just with the Kurds? There are many groups in that region of the world with equally similar claims to territory and a state. Which ones can lay claim over others?

Of course I do not claim I have any solution to this. I am not sure if it is even a problem requiring a solution. It's just borders come and go historically in the blink of an eye.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I think the boarders are all ready being mapped the kurds take and area and hold it no one has tried to take away what they have gained so far except turkey in the north of iraq and that was quickly stopped buy Nato. and the US.
edit on 16-8-2012 by pez1975 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by pez1975

Or is it that Dear Israel don't want to be surrounded by enemies, but prefer to have their "friends" surrounding them!

The birth of the modern state of SECULAR Israel has cost all of us dearly. It has cost the U.S many many lives! I wonder do the Israelis know the body count of both friend and enemy alike because it is many many millions.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Who cares about that wasteland? Nothing out there but dirt and rocks and you can't eat either one.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by pez1975

I gotta say that the Kurds really got the short stick of Colonialism's collapse. Seems like almost everyone else got a nation.....cept them and some tribes in Africa.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Wow there's some ground breaking news. Makes perfect sense. Great post

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I want to thank everyone that posted in my thread and all the positive responses I have got so far.

This idea was like bam!!! mind bender!!! It hit me like a ton if bricks outta no where while watching BBC America where they were talking about how reporter were able to travel freely in the Kurdish areas in Syria and it was the safest place and well policed by the Kurds how they were taking over major goverment building and postiing there flags over the buildings they were now in control of. I thought to myself wow the same thing happened in Iraq a few months into the war. the simulartitys hit me like a ton of bricks and i did a couple Google searches on the Kurds because I really never investigated the people and there history and its just started becoming so clear to me that this theory fits perfectly with the happening in the middle east. I had to post it on ATS and see what my friends here thought and I may be totally wrong but I also might be totally right and the first person to relies what is actually happening.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
I think the US want a finger in every pie in the middle east. We are going to be seeing a lot of wars in the middle east, proxy and direct, with a lot of different flags involved.

What a pathetic comment, and so ignorant. You people act like you know war, and war is your thing, like its second nature.. you have NEVER witnessed cities being airstriked, occupied by foriegn soldiers who are hostile to the natives, you have witnessed anything, you arent "seeing a lot" of ANYthing! Your an average American chillin online acting like you know the world, when innocent people are being gunned down by the hundreds by YOUR SOLDIERS.

Why is there so much war talk on this website? Everyone here acts like they understand whats going on, they act like they have witnessed a war or been in one full tactical? Just lazy individuals living an average life and judging the planet and other countries through what you get from media. That DEFINES SHEEP.

I feel terribly bad for those who have been "seeing a lot" for the past 11 years... and they are experiencing death and witnessing entire cities being destroyed by your american military. People here on this site who think they have a CLUE, live ina society where everything is at reach. You dont have to do much at all to eat, drink and sleep. Try sleeeping with bombs being dropped and gun shots in the distance everyday and night...

Sorry for this little rant but Im sick of these members acting like they know whats up over in the middle east. If you had a F*ing clue you would be turning against your own government telling them to GTFO of the middle east! America is the true terrorists of the world.. when WW3 comes to your city, then you will " see a lot of war".

Enough Call Of Duty online buddy, see through true eyes and reveal to yourself what its REALLY like to see and live through things like this.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Divide and conquer has been a military strategy of the west for years

Those who don't understand it's simple...

en.wiktionary.org...

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by pez1975

Props OP for this "interesting" line of thought. I think this could play out somewhat like you think. I can see the Kurds getting their "homeland" in Iraq, Turkey though, not so much. However having a place to call home might cause Kurds in Turkey to migrate to the new homeland, thus decreasing the tension on the Turkish side of the equation. I can even see NATO and the UN helping them to relocate. Then of course there is the Iran side of the coin. Instead of encouraging Kurds to migrate from Iran I can see the Black-ops of the western world using them to stir up trouble hoping to throw Iran off balance.

The west gains a new allie, more oil and throws Iran into turmoil. Win/Win/Win from the Wests point of view.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
The Middle East is controlled by a lot of very crazy people who have insane laws. Before the Brits broke up the territories and established order, these areas were controlled by warlords who spent their time attacking each other and their neighbors, taking slaves whenever the opportunity presented itself, and in general being very bad people.

Of the different groups, the Kurds act the most civilized. They have essentially had their own state for several years now. Good for them.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by pez1975

Quick answer, NO

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mideast

I completely understand your point about the divisions made by the British.
But what if the Kurds want to unite under one flag? Wouldn't that be a correction of the historic division that was imposed on them?

OP: Great post, very plausible in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by pez1975

You could very well be right.
I also believe all the recent "uprisings" are a precursor to a huge Sunni vs Shia Conflict. Interesting to think about how your scenario might fit in with that idea.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join