It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The neptune lesson - Learning compassion and empathy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I want to share this thoughts with you ATSers.

Compassion (one definition) - Deep awareness of the suffering of another coupled with the wish to relieve it.

Empathy (one definition) - Identification with and understanding of another's situation, feelings, and motives.

So empathy and compassion are not the same but they are very connected.

You feel the other person, you are in his shoes, you know his motives, you feel and understand his emotions and his thinking and you wish him well, you wish him the best, you wish him his higher good (which is a mystery by the way, we never know if something is right or wrong in the soul path of someone, we don't know but we wish well, we wish the best, whatever that is...)

We easily do it with a joyful person, we easily empathize with someone full of joy because it is attracting, its alluring, that person is giving good energy, lets go...

The problem is doing this with people in pain and suffering.

What i call selfish happiness is when someone is ok but he doesn't want to connect to other peoples pain and suffering, and i mean really connect because that will interfere with his emotional stability.

Someone in selfish happiness is irradiating good energy but he is not receiving, he is closed to others, he is not receptive, he has a wall protecting him.

What will happen to him?

The very thing he is trying to ignore will attack him strongly.

He his indifferent to other peoples pain and suffering, he is not receptive, he doesn't really want to help (to help you need to understand, to understand you need to feel, get into the person, which requires empathy and compassion). Because of this, he will be remembered that pain and suffering exists. How? He will feel it strongly.

While he his in suffering mode he starts being compassionate and emphatic but when he is ok again he forgets it, he is in selfish happiness again. What will happen to this him? He will feel what he ignores again: pain and suffering.

This cycle will go on until he finally becomes a compassionate person, until empathy becomes part of his everyday life, until empathy and compassion becomes part of him.

This my friends, for me, is a neptunian lesson.

In astrology, if you have a Neptune/Pisces/12th house lesson to learn, it will be like this until you learn.

I have it, so i am talking about myself here.

I hope i am learning because this cycle is hard and i want to achieve it: to consistently practice empathy and compassion when the occasion arrives, i want this to become part of who i am, but this task needs determination, patience, repetition, i want it to become a routine, i want it to enter my unconscious, this is hard, it requires constant vigilance, training and no turning back.

But the main factor for personal change is consciousness and will. I am aware of this, i am vigilant and i want to learn it, and because i am conscious and i have the will, i am confident that success will happen.

Just sharing, not imposing this to anyone, thanks for the attention.

I wish you your higher good, be fine.

edit on 16-8-2012 by Manula because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
4 hours have passed, no replies and no flags, should i assume people don't care about compassion and empathy or the problem is in the poor quality of my text?

English is not my native language, so i am aware that my texts in English are not perfect but i try hard.

Well, its written, for what is worth, a new message is online.
edit on 16-8-2012 by Manula because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula

I think Op many who DO show Empathy and Compassion for others usually do it for people who ARE in pain or suffering. For those are usually the individuals who need empathy and compassion ENERGY/POSITIVE VIBRATIONS the most. Personally when and why I do carry compassion /empathy energies is because I share a planet with others & I am currently in the AMERICANAZ a 1st world country but I KNOW there are MANY I share this planet with who ARE in 3rd world locations with ignorant warlord dictators ect. WHO DONT CARE ABOUT PEOPLE UNDE THEM WHO WONT WORSHIP THEM AS GODS(s) SMH. So I tend to feel their PAINS and NEEDS everyday yes everyday and its OK it keeps 1z conscious grounded from behaving materialist as the rest who do reminding me OF HOW FAIR LIFE IS NOT TO MANY. Its not like it holds me down or makes my attitude towards LIFE dim, NO it makes me recognize how life has UPS and DOWNS and makes me not take it for granted just because I am in the AMERICANAZ that I am part of some chosen group and those in 3rd worlds just weren't lucky smh. It makes me look into myself more for answers as to why life is like this, WHAT CAN I DO TO HELP? YES A WHOLE PLANET
. Yes I could send what little money I could to them WITH HOPE IT MAKES IT TO THE INTENDED FOLKS AND NOT SOME DICTATOR WHO LIKEs TO CARRY GOLDEN AKS around poor (weak LEADERSHIP) SMH. So it the Compassion and Empathy for others is somewhat aimed at the poor/sick/indeed FIRST from what I observed OP.

NAMASTE*******

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula

Compassion to me means allowing the unfolding to take place. I could try and help by showing that most human suffering is mind made and try to lift the misconceptions but this is fought against so compassionately i let them find out for themselves. Listening is all that can be effective in helping because they will work it out.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Real compassion does not come from practicing compassion. It comes from being with whatever is here. If someone is here be with them. Do not be with the thoughts and ideas you have about compassion. Be with what you see and hear with your eyes and ears.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

hmmm when you are writing or talking about compassion you are not practicing it, that's obvious...

For me, practicing compassion and empathy is being receptive to other people, focus on other people, be open to them and pay attention to them, always wanting the best for that person, wishing well, but the main thing is, be receptive, pay attention to them, be focused on what they say, what they feel, how they look, non-verbal comunicantion etc., be quiet and pay attention to them, themn you can feel them, know his motives and understand them. This is my view of it. But hey, when you are doing this, you are not elaborating on compassion and empathy, you are doing it...

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
in matters of compassion and empathy.. one must remember that it must not be limited to one's circle of friends or family.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Love thy neighbor as yourself
in other words do for someone as you would do for you.
If they are hurt needy sad etc..............
show them compassion and help them get what they need

If happy celebrate with them

join