It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain threatens to storm Ecuador embassy to get Assange

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by yorkshirelad
At last something with a hint of conspiracy! When I heard this on the radio last night I though it was a bit odd. Why on earth would the UK government damage diplomatic relations with Ecuador over a man accused of a sex crime in Sweden ?!?!?!? Very damned odd and clealry suggests a hidden agenda.

The scary bit is that he isn't even accused of anything. He's just suspect of perhaps, maybe have committed a minor offence (in Sweden, not in the UK).

On equal grounds, I would also bring representatives for the condom manufacturer in for questioning on the grounds as to why their condoms are so easily broken. Surely they must have had a reason for making them that way.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

Originally posted by MemoryShock
Breaking diplomacy over a broken condom is acceptable then, is it?

Sweden asked for him to be extradited. The British courts found no reason to block the extradition. The Ecuadorians are therefore blocking the British legal system, and - as is stated - going against the Vienna convention.

Who, exactly is breaking diplomacy?

Ecuador has found a reason to block the British legal system (actually, the Swedish legal system which is totally different) on the grounds of human rights, which is a perfectly valid reason and in full accordance with the Vienna convention.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Soulece

To be fair, he is a criminal, most hackers are criminals, they steal information and break into private/secure networks... Not sure how he isnt a criminal

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
reply to post by bjarneorn

But he isn't a political refugee and this is where this claim for asylum loses credibility and gives Britain the excuse to nab him from the embassy. Regarding extradition to Sweden, his asylum claim is based on (alleged) criminality. Under International Law, he can't claim political asylum for the charges he is accused with.

He is not charged of anything yet. It's a human rights issue.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Even if Assange is taken out or locked up, i'm certain there will be a long list of unknowns ready to step into his shoes.

This will just be the start of things to come. Governments going to war with individuals rather than countries over fear of their wrongdoings being exposed.

Long live the Internet.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
New update

Ecuqador grants asylum to Assange, angering Britian.

"It was not Britain or my home country, Australia, that stood up to protect me from persecution, but a courageous, independent Latin American nation."

edit on 16-8-2012 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xertious
From banking to 9/11 what other conspiracy can you apply to it!

Again, his profession should not immune himself from the law.
Also, public opinion should not effect law. The law decides the law. And you do NOT know if he assaulted them women or not, so you have no say whether they're trumped up charges or not. You can think its a conspiracy to get him to America, but you do not know what happened with those women.

He should of just gone to Sweden and got it over and done with and if they tried to send him to the US, then he fights it. Rather than fighting a hypothetical situation.

To me it looks like he's fighting really hard to avoid sexual assault charges, he's fighting so hard to avoid that (he's not actually doing anything to stop him being sent to the us). I think he assaulted those two women, and is worried about public opinion of him.

My friend, you can think anything you like. He still isn't guilty of anything until proven otherwise. And he's still not charged with anything. The Swedes would just like to have a friendly "chat" with him. Only that he, Ecuadorian officials and many, many others don't quite believe them.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

I agree with you.

Also, people are forgetting something here... Assange isn't a "criminal" he isn't "wanted for a crime"

He is wanted for "QUESTIONING"... and we all know what that means. You alluded to it in your post.

For arguments sake, let's compare him to Robin Hood. That's about how much of a "criminal" he is... those of you who don't like him won't like that comparison but that's how I see it.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by moniker

It's funny how he's avoiding a "friendly" chat like the plague... If he has nothing to hide and states he is innocent, he should stand up to the big bad Govt. of Sweden.... Running away and hiding shows guilt...

Assange, knows he did something wrong or he wouldnt be avoiding authorities like this..

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
But lets be honest for a second... What did Assange think would happen when he started Wikileaks? Did he think Governments would just sit back and congratulate him? By doing this, he basically gave his life away... He messed with the bull and soon he is going to receive the horns...

I wish him the best becasue i do think (to a certain degree) he was doing this for the common good (and maybe to earn a little money along the way)... But he dug his own grave here...

If I fell into confidential documents from the US Govt. I wouldnt be posting all of it over the internet, wanna know why, because I want to live a long productive life and I dont want to be locked away in the jail, or worse, dead...

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

As I posted earlier, and so have others, sweden was invited to come to the embassy to ask him the questions.. They declined.
Questions cant be that important then.

I have also seen a tweet from a reliable source, that they offered to send him to sweden if they primise not to extradite him to the USA... Also, no deal.

He isnt avoiding the questions, just avoiding goibg to the good ol USA

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
reply to post by moniker

It's funny how he's avoiding a "friendly" chat like the plague... If he has nothing to hide and states he is innocent, he should stand up to the big bad Govt. of Sweden.... Running away and hiding shows guilt...

Assange, knows he did something wrong or he wouldnt be avoiding authorities like this..

Or he did something right, which angers a lot of people out there doing things that are wrong.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLegend

"The United Kingdom does not recognize the principle of diplomatic asylum," Hague said. "There is no ... threat here to storm the embassy."

There you have it. Straight from the horses mouth. Consider that part of the board now illuminated.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Originally posted by JWalk89
Second hand he endangered lives that didn't have anyhing to do with it.
edit on 16-8-2012 by JWalk89 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-8-2012 by JWalk89 because: (no reason given)

How, exactly?

I'm sick of this US BS about him "endangering" lives. Your GOVERNMENT endangered those live through their actions and corruption.

Oh, there's a big difference. The "endangered" ones are AMERICANS. Those whose life the American Government have endangered are just ordinary human beings of the earth. Huge difference.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
I think this is hilarious. Ecuador, really?

Assange is not an Ecuadorian citizen. He's just a common criminal and media whore. Ecuador simply looks foolish.

Think about it. They are hiding out an accused criminal not from their country, in a building not in their country. How smart is that?

You have twice stated that he is a criminal, without even hinting at what criminal act he has committed. Evidence, please, or else it's just a big pile of FUD, as usual.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

reply to post by Soulece

To be fair, he is a criminal, most hackers are criminals, they steal information and break into private/secure networks... Not sure how he isnt a criminal

Assange haven't stolen any information. He has just been given information that others may or may not have stolen... or perhaps in fact been given.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

reply to post by moniker

It's funny, Sweden have been offered the opportunity to have that "friendly" chat on numerous occasions, by both Britain and Ecuador. Sweden have refused and absolutely want him extradited, at huge monetary and political costs, to Sweden (which is a mere 2 hours away from Britain, mind you).

Why is that, you might ask?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Assange must have really PO'ed the powers that be with his leaks. Now a major country will violate another countries embassy just so another country can question them? Why can't Sweden just arrange a teleconference if all they want to do is question him?

I may not agree with all the actions Assange has done, but it seems obvious that the PTB won't let him get away.

I wonder when his "insurance policy" file will get leaked out, that must be the one's the PTB really fear.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by moniker

reply to post by Soulece

Assange haven't stolen any information. He has just been given information that others may or may not have stolen... or perhaps in fact been given.

Receiving stolen goods/information is a crime... He didnt have to do the stealing for him to be found guilty....

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

But lets be honest for a second... What did Assange think would happen when he started Wikileaks? Did he think Governments would just sit back and congratulate him? By doing this, he basically gave his life away... He messed with the bull and soon he is going to receive the horns...

I wish him the best becasue i do think (to a certain degree) he was doing this for the common good (and maybe to earn a little money along the way)... But he dug his own grave here...

If I fell into confidential documents from the US Govt. I wouldnt be posting all of it over the internet, wanna know why, because I want to live a long productive life and I dont want to be locked away in the jail, or worse, dead...

Somebody clearly want to get him removed for all time and they intend to do it the same way as they do with everybody else - accusations of anything sexual. Dare I mention the IMF?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join