It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Time to End Immigration Worldwide - Everyone for Themselves

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

If You Were Born There - Stay There

Immigration these days is all about Poor, War Torn, Bloodthirsty Religious Fanatics moving to Western Countries. These people are a drain on Welfare with their Unrestricted Breeding and lack of Education.

Why should we foot the Bill for this?

Many times they do not even bother to learn English, or the Socially accepted practices of the Nation that has adopted them.

Call me a Racist if that makes you feel better, but it is a fact. Who is immigrating to Somalia, who is immigrating to the Philippinnes, who is immigrating to Haiti?

If these people can't control their population in their own countries, don't you think with all the welfare entitlements they will just have bigger family's in their new country?

We must look after ourselves.

edit on 15-8-2012 by Pedro4077 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
There are people who just want a change of scenery. I even checked out Australia once before, but changing countries just costs too much.
Plus, there are big scary spiders there...

If I was rich though I would have lived in a couple of different countries by now. The Azores also looked nice.....

Even here in Canada, I would feel trapped if I wasn't allowed out
edit on 15-8-2012 by snowspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
There are people from those war torn, backward countries that migrate to more developed countries in search of a better life and do not become leeches on society. They work their way through and some work harder and longer than you would at your day to day.

They didn't take the decision to leave their homes, their families lightly. So if they wish to move around, they should be allowed to do so for no one should be restricted to the life they are born in to. Everyone has the right to take charge of their life. You just happened to get lucky as to where you were born.

As for them crossing borders, we only have one planet and we are all the same so why create unnecessary borders and restrictions which will pretty much cause the world to become a Gaza/ Israel - esque place.

EDIT: Also, weren't your forefathers immigrants to Australia? Immigrants that pretty much stomped out the natives and do till this day. Or are you Aboriginal?

edit on 15-8-2012 by ragsntatters because: (no reason given)

That being said, I do feel you on the dole bludgeons and the weirdos you'll see out and about on the town. However, let's not paint everyone with the same brush.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
So what are your views on people born on military bases? For example a US solider and his wife have a child on a base in Germany. Should the child have to stay in Germany? I know the some bases are considered U.S. property but technically it's not in the U.S. Should those children be considered an anchor baby in that country like what happens in the U.S. with Mexican families?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ragsntatters

Also, weren't your forefathers immigrants to Australia? Immigrants that pretty much stomped out the natives and do till this day. Or are you Aboriginal?

I am Irish/Aboriginal. Immigration was different in the past. The Italians, Greeks and Vietmanese have all assimulated well into this county and fly the Aussie flag on Australia day. I'm not too keen on the latest arrivals though.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ragsntatters
There are people from those war torn, backward countries that migrate to more developed countries in search of a better life and do not become leeches on society. They work their way through and some work harder and longer than you would at your day to day.

They didn't take the decision to leave their homes, their families lightly. So if they wish to move around, they should be allowed to do so for no one should be restricted to the life they are born in to. Everyone has the right to take charge of their life. You just happened to get lucky as to where you were born.

As for them crossing borders, we only have one planet and we are all the same so why create unnecessary borders and restrictions which will pretty much cause the world to become a Gaza/ Israel - esque place.

EDIT: Also, weren't your forefathers immigrants to Australia? Immigrants that pretty much stomped out the natives and do till this day. Or are you Aboriginal?

Excellent comment, ragsntatters! I can't believe some of the things people post for a thread, especially when they have time to think about what they're saying.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
So what are your views on people born on military bases? For example a US solider and his wife have a child on a base in Germany. Should the child have to stay in Germany? I know the some bases are considered U.S. property but technically it's not in the U.S. Should those children be considered an anchor baby in that country like what happens in the U.S. with Mexican families?

That's a whole different thread. Why are you still in Germany? WWll is over.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I opened the thread apparently misreading the title. I was afraid it was an open borders mini-rant.

I couldn't agree more and immigration control is every nation's right and duty to it's own people. I don't favor a total halt to immigration but there absolutely should be a minimum level of testing every single Immigrant coming into our nation should meet.

Medically (diseases),
Physically (issues making them unable to work..and no other way of support but Gov aid)
Financially (pay monthly bills and just live...or by a named employer under contract).

Most nations already require this as I found once just exploring to see who'd have my American tail if I wanted to leave. To my shock....almost no one it would appear. Even the half way friendly ones were looking for a Min. $50,000 liquid on hand the last time I had gone to looking.

So why should the United States stand as one, if not the only nation with seemingly no barrier or requirements at all? Even speaking the language to a fluent level is no matter for getting residency depending on other things. Well.. no more other things, eh? One standard....across the board...and if they don't make it or we've hit quota for immigration in total numbers for a year...Well, thanks for trying!

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Migration and exodus are natural events for all animals including humans. It's easier to say "Let's stop the game of musical chairs NOW" when you happen to be standing next to an open chair.

Immigration is a symptom. Disparity is the disease.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Pedro4077

Just as the Abos weren't happy with the arriving ships from the West. Look what happened there. They assimilated because they got rid of the originals and built their own numbers. The Australian flag is pretty much a British flag with stars on it. Where is the Aboriginal-ness to it? Were their feelings and national pride considered? Did the immigrants bother to learn their culture and assimilate into it?

I agree with Wrabbit in that there should be testing and people shouldn't be allowed to just freely flow in just because their home countries are rubbish. This is how most immigrants do come through anyways, it's the other lazy, dodgy ones that should be kept out
edit on 15-8-2012 by ragsntatters because: wrabbit agreement

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Just as the Abos weren't happy with the arriving ships from the West. Look what happened there. They assimilated because they got rid of the originals and built their own numbers. The Australian flag is pretty much a British flag with stars on it. Where is the Aboriginal-ness to it? Were their feelings and national pride considered? Did the immigrants bother to learn their culture and assimilate into it?

200+ years ago mate, 200 years. Lets stick to modern problems.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Do you know the difference between immigration and illegal immigration??? If you do then what is your problem with immigration?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jheated5
Do you know the difference between immigration and illegal immigration??? If you do then what is your problem with immigration?

Huh? I'm talking about immigration full stop. legal or illegal. Same Same.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Bit hypocritical innit? Same problem, people coming in and being rubbish. Only the rubbish people took over 200 years ago but that still doesn't make it ok.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Bit hypocritical innit? Same problem, people coming in and being rubbish. Only the rubbish people took over 200 years ago but that still doesn't make it ok.

We can change our futures, but not our past.

That's why I prefer to live in the present, not the past.

Let it go mate - 200 years.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

weren't your forefathers immigrants to Australia? Immigrants that pretty much stomped out the natives and do till this day.
reply to post by ragsntatters

To this day? I never heard of a Masacre lately. We're doing fine. Terrible things happened in the past, but let's focus on the here and now.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
if people stopped breeding like rabbits that might help a bit the planet has enough of us but goverment says declining populations .when i am president everybody over 70 gets it the nukes come out ..well no point in having them and not using them =population taken care off =no immigration vote for me
there be none of that when im president

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive

The bases are considered US soil. Also when I was stationed over in Germany it all depended. If the baby had a German parent and was born off base he could be either. The laws might be different in other countries.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
There's a difference between immigration, emigration and colonisation.

I'm an Australian who has an English friend that moved here 4 years ago. They haven't had permanancy for two years, so they are not yet entitled to anything from the government. Then we have someone from Sudan/Somalia/Afghanistan who comes here and they are given full government support and entitlements, even if they have arrived illegally. These people usually (not always) don't assimilate into society. That's the issue here, if they don't want to assimilate, surely they can find another country with customs and beliefs similar to their own.

Not the lucky country for much longer.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   

What an abhorrent set of ethical values you present. This thread reeks of selfish egoist capitalism. How about actually trying to progress as a species?

I'll let you in on a secret: countries are just lines drawn on a colourful map, they're not real.

<<   2  3 >>

join