It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning: Get off Facebook right now!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by chemistry

lol ignore the fakebook shills, notice the psych-tactics they are using,
all thats missing is the implication that you are a psychopath for not wanting to expose yourself
And the Plot Thickens. Is not joining Facebook a sign you're a psychopath? by ColoradoJens www.abovetopsecret.com...

[one even admits to be working on the face-tracking software!
suuuuure, its harmless]

they will be the 1st to be culled
or eaten

and you need not open an accnt,
your family and friends are only too willing to post your pics
and put you in the database

i repair computers and can assure you that the fakebook addicts are the real psychos
they are like heroin junkies when they cant get their fix
[moms leaving their babies to starve cause they're hooked on farmville or such crap
]

i've seen teens violently start smashing things because their parents asked me to put a password on the PC
to limit their online mainlining
and parents beat their kids for downloading virus laden mp3's that put the PC out of commision.

i'm doing my bit to starve the beast
by charging these idiots extra

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

lol ignore the fakebook shills, notice the psych-tactics they are using,
all thats missing is the implication that you are a psychopath for not wanting to expose yourself
And the Plot Thickens. Is not joining Facebook a sign you're a psychopath? by ColoradoJens www.abovetopsecret.com...

[one even admits to be working on the face-tracking software!
suuuuure, its harmless]

they will be the 1st to be culled
or eaten

and you need not open an accnt,
your family and friends are only too willing to post your pics
and put you in the database

i repair computers and can assure you that the fakebook addicts are the real psychos
they are like heroin junkies when they cant get their fix
[moms leaving their babies to starve cause they're hooked on farmville or such crap
]

i've seen teens violently start smashing things because their parents asked me to put a password on the PC
to limit their online mainlining
and parents beat their kids for downloading virus laden mp3's that put the PC out of commision.

i'm doing my bit to starve the beast
by charging these idiots extra

I know just how right you are!
Remember the woman who left her baby in the bath and the poor child drowned while she was on THAT newtworking site?

I really hope it falls hard, I really do. It breeds morons.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Unless, I look like a tree which is my profile pic, I don't see a problem.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Thanks for the thread OP

Whenever I see trolling on this level, then you know you've found some useful info because there's about 5 people trying to discredit this thread, even though it is a conspiracy site!!

With this coming to facebook, it is how the NWO reveals itself, slowly but surely we see it emerge. First it is introduced to the public via facebook, then once that step is taken, they never takr a step back, they just keep on going.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Very silly stuff.
Face book is for the narcisistic folks anyway.
Nobody wants to know you just went to the bar with your besties, nobody wants to know that you just had a bagel at Noahs.
Well, except the alphabet soup companies.
Dump facebook.
Very funny, mandatory self reporting.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

lol, it's like flypaper
for morons with big egos

LOOK AT ME EVERYBODY!

somehow i dont think this is what warhol meant about everyone being famous for 15min

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

If you think "Facebook" will be the only means in which they will implement this...you're wrong. Its already happening with CCTV cams. Eventually, it will spread into every known form of technology.

Facebook isn't your problem...its just one of a million means to an inevitable end. The only way this gets stopped, is if EVERYONE awakens at once and realizes their full potential. Otherwise, its...CHECKMATE.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

This tech isnt new, and has been planned for TV's, storefronts and billboards for a long time.

Here, a few examples:
mashable.com...

articles.latimes.com...

techcrunch.com...

If you are worried about Facebook, dont use it.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

This tech isnt new, and has been planned for TV's, storefronts and billboards for a long time.

Here, a few examples:
mashable.com...

articles.latimes.com...

techcrunch.com...

If you are worried about Facebook, dont use it.

Yep its all ready in your homes. Its in Xbox kenetic and your laptop webcams.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
you can delete your account. sign in, use the link..and dont sign in ever after that.

www.facebook.com...

peace.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by snakebit

if this link doesnt work on here, youtube: how to delete your fb account. there is a couple vids with the direct link to do so.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
It's too late. The authorities already have my photo matched with a name lol
So it really makes no difference to me.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

So the real 'mark of the beast' will actually be your face ... that's different.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
the face recognition software will be foiled by duckfaces, blurry phone pic's and cropped 'n' shopped pics.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by chemistry

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

If "big brother" wants to know my score on draw something or words with friends, by all means, have at it.

What exactly are you concerned about? Facial recognition? you do realize that technology sucks completely right? simply wearing glasses screws it up, smiling screws it up, bad angles screw it up. Without a biometric scan, it's really not that reliable.

I'd be more concerned with what the israeli company would do with it than facebook.

Are you serious??? I mean, really!!! The extent of the facial recognition technology is far more advanced than most people realise. Wearing glasses, smiling and bad angles will certainly not screw it up, trust me!

what happens when... everything I post on facebook all of a sudden is false to who I really am? I grab old pictures of actors... change my info multiple times.... my political views... I click like on all sorts of stuff....

For my ten years experience on the internet... I've learned it's more so about bollocks then anything of reality.

People go on facebook and create this persona of who they think they are or who they'd like to be. People have multiple facebook accounts....

People act differently online... have you ever ventured through 4chan? Had some fun with trolls? People will say anything just for a new kick. The internet is NOT serious business.... it's a joke. And for those people who take the internet serious are someone else's play toy. Do you get it?

Look up some internet roleplaying. You'll see how fake the internet is compared to real life.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I can see it now...

you walk into a store in the mall, the facial recognition camera doesn't "recognize you" because you aren't an avid Facebooker, it also notices that your mobile devices GPS tracking is turned off...the system alerts mall security or the police as a red-flag "potential threat" level as 3 on a scale of 10...

The staff start looking at you more often than they would any other customer...you start to get self conscious and feel weird...you notice some of them shadowing you making you even more uncomfortable. The system picks up a increase in your heart-rate and perspiration, and ups the potential threat level to a 5, by now the police have shown up.

You are now acting erratic and unsure of your situation and whats going on...the "system" picks up changes in your mannerisms and body language and indicate increased levels of psychological distress...that just upped you to a 7 on the "potential threat" scale...by now you are teetering on the edge of being a full fledged terrorist...just 1 more level to go and the NDAA that was passed will allow for your immediate unquestionable incarceration at an undisclosed location for an undisclosed period of time.

Knowing this, your fight or flight instincts start kicking in...THIS is the nail in your coffin as the system detects certain hormonal secretions that correlate with the fight or flight response...you are now bumped up to a level 9 "potential threat" and full fledged domestic terrorist by systematic definition. According to law you now qualify for indefinite detention.

and all you wanted was a new pair of shoes...
edit on 15-8-2012 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
The Facebook Caveat applies to ATS Members who are using their actual face photo for their avatar/logo.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Dude, you need to turn off permissions to connect to other sites. Also you can block though add blocker. I'd suggest doing both.

lifehacker.com...

Directions on how to do it.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

I think you are absolutely right. Time to get off facebook. Wierdest thing.....opening the examiner article www.dailymail.co.uk... is a picture of someone famous. I know who it is, but tell me this new facial recognition would not recognize that person as the dark knight shooter.www.abovetopsecret.com... *see guy on left.

Just bizarre.
edit on 15-8-2012 by SunnyDee because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join