It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA busted Editing curiosity pics!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Here is the supposed msl pics
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Here is a unedited pic
www.stuff.co.nz...

same pic but with different color tones!!

Also more nasa fakery
www.goroadachi.com...

sundial proof that nasa alters images

www.presidiacreative.com...

edit on 15-8-2012 by testsavage because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-8-2012 by testsavage because: changed faking to editing

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by testsavage

I saw this on their website, look in the middle it almost looks like a road winding along through the hills.
Very strange indeed.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
It's not that much of an edit...they only applied a colour gradient over the image. I do like the unedited one though...looks just like Earth.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by testsavage

I see TWO different photos, both taken from the same position and angle (since curiosity hasn't moved an inch yet).

Both photos are of the same area of landscape, but, for some reason, the one that's supposedly edited actually has MORE area to it?
The one that is supposedly unedited is a closer crop with LESS area covered?

No.

These are two separate photos, taken at different times, possibly even from different camera on the lander.

Edit: and now you've added even more to the OP.

Fact of the matter is:
1. Curiosity hasn't moved yet.
2. It has several cameras onboard
3. The weather conditions on mars CHANGE, as well as the time of day, and lighting available.

Take these into account and you'll get several pictures taken of the same scenery, from different cameras, with different looks at different times of the Martian day with differing Martian weather conditions.

EDIT 3: ... and now you've added a video to the OP? because?
Is this about two photos, or is this an over all indictment/witch-trial against NASA?

edit on 15-8-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
how is the second photo the unedited photo? .. are you suggesting someone has a source where they can go get curiosity photos before NASA? ..

The second picture actually looks edited ... or just higher resolution and at a different time..

As for it looking like a road? it kind of resembles one but there are similar sorts of patterns around the picture so I think that is just visually similar and not reality..

Please explain to me though, just out of "curiosity" .. how someone got ahold of unedited photos when NASA is the one releasing them in the first place =) I fail to see how that's possible.
edit on 8/15/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Why are they faking it?
I don't see why NASA would "fake" the curiosity photos, what would they get out of it?

link   
mars looks a lot like death valley, just sayin.

link   
ZOMG WE ARENT ON MARS!!!!!! ZOMG

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Does editing a photo mean its fake though?

Please tell me in detail WHY you think they are fake.... Thanks! :-)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

One of them is white balanced.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by nepatitan

Is that Sarcasm? Who knows if they have even sent the lander to Mars. They have lied to us before. I wouldn't put anything past them.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

One of them is white balanced.

Conspiracy solved...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
The slight shift in parallax suggests that one photo was taken by the left MAST cam and the other the right. There is no editing. One is blurrier than the other, perhaps because it was taken before the system was running properly. As usual, this sort of thread is a tempest in a teapot.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by kudegras

absolutely is lol
I can think what I want and you can think what you want.

I would just like to know what you all think they are getting out of it if they are "faking" photos and lying?

edit on 15-8-2012 by nepatitan because: to short

link   
Its not white balanced.They are now posting real color pics cause they got to tell the truth soon.

next year India is launching thier own mars probe.They cant keep it like this forever.Even private companies are planning to send probes.The US govt knows that space travel is getting affordable.

link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
Does editing a photo mean its fake though?

Please tell me in detail WHY you think they are fake.... Thanks! :-)

Sure it does.. if I posted the un-edited version of me in my ATS photo ( that's a heavily edited real photo of me btw ) ... then that automatically means I have in fact been faked.. I don't really exist..

And you can clearly see a road on my forehead

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by testsavage
Its not white balanced.They are now posting real color pics cause they got to tell the truth soon.

next year India is launching thier own mars probe.They cant keep it like this forever.Even private companies are planning to send probes.The US govt knows that space travel is getting affordable.

Download a photo editor... take the first photo you posted, white balance it ... and then realize you're wrong..

I just did this with photoshop, the two photos are indeed the same .. in a link posted above, NASA has both photos on the same page .. I'm sorry, but you're just wrong.

Here's that link again .. mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Don't feel bad though, at least the thread title is correct.. that is indeed an edit =)
edit on 8/15/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
NASA PROPER LINK

As you can see, by scrolling down, these 2 images are both provided by NASA. If any of you can be bothered to read, the descriptions are attached to each image, to explain what process the image has been through.

I.e the op's picture has been white balanced. Google it if you don't know what that means.

EDITED to be a little less angry

edit on 15-8-2012 by AmatuerSkyWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Well now. Check this out then..

Incredible Virtual Tour of Mars! Interactive graphic that lets you rotate camera on Curiosity Rover
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Debunk away...

Gonna be a great day...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join