It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You can lead a Sununu to water but you can't make him drink.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
There was an interesting exchange between Soledad O'Brien and John Sununu this morning (08/14/12)

Sununu comes out with the tired old talking point that the Affordable Health Care Act -- cuts 700 billion from beneficiaries. It doesn't and why it doesent is pretty easy to grasp. The Republican talking point is an abject lie.

It is fun to watch Sununu being shown at least three different ways that he is wrong. He still won't believe it.

Ignorance is bad -- willful ignorance is flat out disgusting. This guy is going to go on and on and on, without changing his tune at all -- without even the least flush of embarrassment.

This is fun to watch. Hope the video works.

www.mediaite.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
obamacare cuts $750 billion from Medicare, to pay for Obamacare.

yes ignorance is bad.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by bjax9er

No it doesn't it lowers the price paid to drug companies and hospitals, per an agreement with these entities, it makes a start at controlling costs. Why is that so hard to understand.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by spyder550

"agreements" ? sounds like forced to me

"controlling costs" sounds like communism to me

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Like Romney/Ryan or not, you gotta admit Sununu is a terrible surrogate...for anyone. He is famously rude and belligerent. He was chased out of office and has not been back since many years ago. He's old, irrelevant and crotchety. He turns off voters of all stripes excepting the very hard right who think everyone outside their clique is a blood enemy. Pawlenty and Rubio are very good and decent human beings, though I disagree on their policies in most case. Sununu is a net negative for sure.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjax9er
obamacare cuts $750 billion from Medicare, to pay for Obamacare.

yes ignorance is bad.

Whoop, Whoop! Ignorance alert. EVERY reputable source proves that implication to be a lie. In fact, it re-directs that $716B or so from Medicare Plus insurance subsidies and providers to fill the donut hole REPUBLICANS created in their unpaid for Medicare Part D drug benefit. The undeniable fact easily learned by anyone who cares for fact and is intellectually honest, is that this money re-routes directly to plug the "donut hole," resulting in LESS costs for seniors.

Anyone who asserts otherwise is either uninformed an spouting gibberish or intentionally lying, neither of these is an admirable character trait.

Have the balls to be honest even when the facts don't favor your candidate. I am, will and do.

...Oh, and by the way, Ryan's plan makes those EXACT same cuts from the growth of medicare, BUT it directs those savings DIRECTLY in to the pockets of the uber rich, leaving the donut hole open and costing seniors much more. That's also a fact.

If you are gonna play in the sandbox of ideas and debate, at least try not to embarrass yourself by not being prepared because you are too lazy to get to the facts.
edit on 15-8-2012 by pajoly because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
video of obama telling the truth

even obama admits medicare cuts pay for obamacare

paul ryans plan is a "plan" not a law.

if your going to play in the sandbox of ideas and debate, at least try not to embarrass yourself by posting democrat talking points.

now take your toy and go home.
edit on 15-8-2012 by bjax9er because: link

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjax9er
reply to post by spyder550

"agreements" ? sounds like forced to me

"controlling costs" sounds like communism to me

Those are two commonly used items in a capitalist business world. Businesses control costs and make agreements via contracts with other businesses for goods and services. Then again you may have just been trolling and not actually believe that a core business practice is related to communism.

new topics

top topics

join