It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beliefs Change

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Have your beliefs ever changed? And if so, from what to what? If not, then what is it you continue to hold belief in?

I used to believe in God and then Gods, now I believe in real fairies. There's a reason why the first tales were fairy tales, and that there were and still are fairy tales told to this day.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
My beliefs do change...

I once was a Christian and now I consider myself a seeker of truth is one must lable me.

I do still believe in the love of Jesus Christ. :-)

I believe in the creation of thoughts.

If you can think it.... It can be real.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

All beliefs change until you come to find the truth...

And there is various levels of truth...

One holds on to what he/she knows as truth until a greater truth is presented... then said truth takes over...

And my beliefs have not changed one iota for a very long time

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

My beliefs changed twice.
How an atheist became a Christian

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I used to be an atheist, a Randian, a Libertarian, now a Christian, and a Universalist Christian at that.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarJohn
I used to believe in God and then Gods, now I believe in real fairies. There's a reason why the first tales were fairy tales, and that there were and still are fairy tales told to this day.

They were told/implied in passing in the Book of Enoch which is about the pre-deluvian world. Giants, elves, orcs, ogres, etc probably existed and were the products of the fallen angels from interbreeding with humans, animals, and hybrids.

There were sorcery, magic, and the first weapons of war made, shields, armor, swords, etc. These were taught to humanity by the fallen angels. The pre-deluvian world would look like stuff of Tolkien's imaginations. But it wasn't a nice world at all but one that is full of horrors and violence that even the Earth cried out to God for help.

The fallen angels were also regarded as gods and were worshipped.

But this is not the important thing in Christianity. Although you have to know that the fallen angels still have power and authority in this world. The thing called 'industrial revolution' and money is their invention. These has caused much oppression and misery, it's evil. Now it's ever hidden and many Christians, think things of this world is good, and from God, but most likely from fallen angels.

To partake in their invention is to partake of the evil they cause even if you don't know. Ignorance is not excuse, the information is all around you, newspapers, internet, TV but you choose to turn a deaf ear.

I've changed from an ambitious person who wants to establish a career in IT and engineering. Now I've abandoned all this. I don't want to be of help in this evil system anymore. If I were to use my God-given talents, I would use them for no pay/no salary and I would do it to those who are desperately poor, those who needed help the most
edit on 14-8-2012 by ahnggk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Yes beliefs can change.
Truth and love are eternal.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

To NOT challenge our beliefs every day is to admit that we are shallow and ignorant. As a child I was given the idea that the forefathers of the U.S. were righteous men. Perfect. I would've hated going to my grave without knowing that these men were just men: Lustful, some of them slave owners, some of them with no more tact than a spoiled child, and some of them manically depressed.

I was also led to believe that the Pope and all priests were selected by god, holy men, wise men. Every police officer was our friend. America was always right. That all the laws were just.

If I had not discovered the truth of these matters I would've lived and died in a state that I find repulsive in others.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Belief is the key word in your statement... a belief is a strongly held opinion and opinions can grow, shift, and change.

The truth is what is constant - and what we all strive to find.

~Heff
edit on 8/14/12 by Hefficide because: typo typo typo always with me and the typos

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Exactly, my beliefs change as I learn and experience life. Some beliefs are reinforced through out the course of life becoming stronger, others are discarded and new beliefs are introduced. I am also aware that many of my so called beliefs are little more than theory that have yet to be tested by knowledge and experience.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Everything changes but the truth.
Beliefs are not true and that is why the wise never believe.

edit on 15-8-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Sure, I used to believe in Santa Claus, now I don't.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Belief is the death of intelligence. As soon as one believes a doctrine of any sort, or assumes certitude, one stops thinking about that aspect of existence.
Robert Wilson

Believing: it means believing in our own lies. And I can say that I am grateful that I got this lesson very early.
Gunther Grass

edit on 15-8-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by WarJohn

Sure, I used to believe in Santa Claus, now I don't.

You got more on me....I never believed in Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny.

When I was growing up my father claimed to be a Christian. He was a moderate one, but he had mental issues and tried to enforce on us the notion of super-authoritarianism based in religiosity. My grandmother was super religious and was very cruel to us. I was presented with a one-sided view until I was old enough to start seeking on my own and discovered that their views were not consistent with Christianity, even though that is what they called themselves. I looked into all types of religions because it is part of what we should do, question what we have been presented, look for the truth.

What I have discovered is that people blame religion for the failure of people to live by their religion. It is not the religion at fault, it is the people. I don't blame Jesus for my father's failure. I have discovered that Christianity as a religion is more honest, but Christians fail to follow Christianity.

I began to look at history and read about the ancient religions and in doing so, it merely bolstered my faith in God. I believe that God presented Himself to all people in all places and there is a memory of Him throughout time. But I also believe that it was to the Jews that God had made a covenant with, because they were the ones who agreed to live under the covenant.

Do I believe in the stories of creation and the flood? Yes I do, even though the stories are older than what are found in the Bible, we can see that the Genesis stories were accurate because those writers carried the memories of the events with them. It just made me believe in God more when reading about Unatpishtim. We have the Hebrew name of Noah, but I believe it is the same man.

The Bible is the most read and least understood book in history. It is the most offered and yet least followed book. Reading posts at ATS and looking for resources on the internet do not change my belief in God, rather I say "See, there is God right there speaking to those people".

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Yes, they have, actually. I used to believe the Bible was all true. Then I researched it and found out different.

I used to believe in a loving God. But according to the Bible that is not the case at all.

I used to believe in the American Dream. But that dream was stolen from me.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

I was Christian up until about a year ago. Never questioned the bible, until I did.

I can relate with MamaJ a lot, I am now a seeker of truth. I hold no belief in any 'god', at least not in the popular version of it, e.g. omniscient, omnipotent, benevolent, etc., etc.

My faith has switched from faith in the bible to faith in logic and reason.

S&F

edit on 15-8-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-8-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I was a christian because my parents raised me that way, until about a year ago.
now I condiser myself agnostic.

new topics

top topics

join