It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unbelievable Video - 30 + cops vs one knife weilding man in NYC - Man shot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

This is just amazing and unbelievable, all at the same time. Solid proof that the USA is definitively turning into a police state.

I'm not from the USA and i wasn't quite sure if i belieived what you guys were saying about the USA turning into a police state but now i definitely do!

Europe - One police car sent to calm the guy down and talk to him.

USA - What looks like 30 + officers and cars chasing down 1 guy, shoots him and shuts down time square.

Seriously, why didn't they just taze him?
edit on 14-8-2012 by HappyWarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by HappyWarrior

That video is really good, especially in 1080. We actually had an ATS'er post his first hand experience from that day. Here's his thread: www.abovetopsecret.com... Maybe he'll see this thread and drop by.

On to the police state. I wouldn't disagree with the fact that the USA is going that route but at the same time that many NYC cops out and about makes sense. NYC is a big place in a little package so it definitely needs police. On the other hand, NYC cops randomly stopping people and searching them pisses me off, and they do need lots of man power to search NYC's population. Now was it overkill for one dude wielding a knife? I could say yes and no, but I do know cops pull all available units if someones life is in danger. The call goes out and they will respond because they don't want a fellow officer to get hurt or civilian. So I guess all those cops stop searching bags and took that call

Back to the video, am I the only one who thought at first the guy was recording from a horse? And what's with the steady, smooth filming? It almost felt like I was watching a movie. It that steadiness an effect from a editing program?
edit on 14-8-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Thats just sad, now if it was more than a knife, maybe a vest of explosives... never mind why couldn't they talk to him first or take him with a taser?

On a side note that cam sucks with moving images.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
Back to the video, am I the only one who thought at first the guy was recording from a horse? And what's with the steady, smooth filming? It almost felt like I was watching a movie. It that steadiness a camera effect from a editing program?
edit on 14-8-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

I think he's using a tripod of some sort, could explain it, but i'm not entirely sure.
edit on 14-8-2012 by HappyWarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Disgraceful.

Not just because of their decision to shoot the man, but because of the tidal wave of sheep who decided to follow and actually clapped at the conclusion.

Those people deserve tyranny.

I'm quite certain they'll find an endless amount of entertainment in that kind of reality.

edit on 14-8-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

Disgraceful.

Not just because of their decision to shoot the man, but because of the tidal wave of sheep who decided to follow and actually clapped at the conclusion.

Those people deserve tyranny.

Yeah, i noticed that too. People screaming "SHOOT HIM" and other things while filming it with their mobile phones.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
this is what reality television has done to the masses.... hoards of sheep just running along to catch whatever trivial glimpse of sensationalism they can. They don't know why they run... but they run.

Like lemmings off a cliff.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Same situation in the uk (sort of) but the police did not shoot this guy.

30 UK Police vs man armed with machete in the street.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Like I said, disgraceful all around.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Geez, all those fools following the action like a dumb herd of buffalo. When there are 30+ cops with guns drawn chasing a guy, I would get OUT of the way where bullets have a chance of flying.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
This incident ws posted earlier here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

top topics

join