It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Laws of Reality (Does you view of life support them or does it deviate from laws of reality?),,,

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
All of the most known spiritual teachers used Nature as metaphors for SPIRITUAL teachings.

What exactly can we learn from Nature?

1) Action / Movement [stillness is an illusion]

All is in action/movement

The Earth is spinning

The galaxies are spinning.

Life is living.

Plants are growing.

The sun is illuminating

Qualities are qualifying

Existence is existing/being.

Even "being"/"existing" is an action.

There is no "stillness", that is an illusion.

Even a rock is moving, in two ways, its atoms, and with the spinning of The Earth.

2) Truth [lies are an illusion]

Everything in nature is truth (truth is what happens in reality).

A lie can be thought or spoken, but it is not manifested in reality.

Once a lie is manifested in reality, it is automatically truth (because it is happening).

Lies are from the mind/imagination and expressed to others as "what happens in reality".

3) Duality [Presence (truth/existence) and Absence (illusion)]

There is light (presence), and there is darkness (absence).

There is heat (presence), and there is coldness (absence).

There is reality (presence), and there is fantasy/illusion (absence).

There is life (presence), and there is death (absence).

There is now (presence), and there is past/future (absence)

There is movement (presence), and there is stillness (absence).

The presence is reality/truth/existence, and the absence is actually an illusion.

Therefore, the true duality is "presence" or "illusion".

For example, one may current SEE "day" or "night" but BOTH are actually existing at the same time, and even night time has light so this "darkness" is an illusion.

4) There is no "emptiness" or "space"

Even the so called "void" is full of energy and potential (frequencies/waves). There is "space" and "things" and yet they both make up each other. There is "energy" and "matter" and yet they both depend on one another. The only things that exist is everything that exists, therefore "nothingness" cannot exist.

5) Logic

Everything is ordered by natural laws, however, we may not even know that we are living within those laws. If miracles exist, then even this is down with logic, just as certain technologies may "appear" to defy logic at first, until we learn how it works. For example, showing a television to someone in living in ancient times.

6) Simplicity [complexity is an illusion]

All things that are difficult, has its basis in simplicity. The complex human body is made up of simple particles. Nature creates complex things from a simple basis. Complex life begins with a few simple cells. So, in reality, complexity is an illusion, it can always be broken down into something simpler.

7) Easiness [The Action of Simplicity]

Nature always takes the easiest path. A great example of this is air and water, it flows out through the easiest path.

So, these are 7 laws of reality, there may be more, but I am keeping it simple. To deviate from these laws is to divorce reality. Are you living your life with these 7 laws in mind, or are you escaping that which is in front of your face (reality/nature)?

As a wise-man once said, nature is the greatest teacher. If man forgets his way, he can just relearn through nature...

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Good job, me likes

I see thet dualistic part as 2 sides of the same coin making them one, in a sense.
I have a signature quote from Alan Watts regarding nature, and it is along the lines of how nature does distinguish good and evil, but rather it seeks to obtain balance. Balance, which is what we try to obtain in general, although it is a juggling act at times it seems.

Anyway, I like your layout and it makes for a good reminder.

Peace,
spec

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Yes, the only thing that exist is that which has presence, but all existent things has presence which means that absence is an illusion.

Coldness does not exist, just an illusion of "less" heat; and usually, one so-called "absence" will lead into "presence".

Like, if you are hungry, you'll eat (fullness). If you are full, you won't be hungry (and eat).

So it often seems as though one leads to another, always in movement...

How can it be possible that two things that are opposite (duality) can actually be ONE (unity)? It doesn't seem to make sense does it? Nor, does it make sense that some people chop up reality into FOUR pieces instead of two, how is that possible, right?

It all makes perfect sense and I'll explain it all in a new thread.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I like the duality section.

I have always been intrigued by this kind of duality. Where the opposite of something is really just the absence of its opposite.

Darkness is a word given to a lack of light, but in reality it doesn't exist, only light exists. Same for cold being a lack of heat, death is the lack of life, stupid is the lack of intelligence, and so on and so forth.

Thanks for the post OP, this will have me thinking for a while

DC

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I see your point with the 'absence' thing, I guess I felt there is more gray area, but still felt the opposites are 2 sides of the same coin. But when trying to apply what I thought I meant, I see your logic. Love and hate - while I think it is natural to harbor some degree of both simultaneously on occasion, the greater proportion is, by definition absent of the other, not necessarily in it's entirety, but even a little bit, so yea I see what you mean.
edit on 13-8-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: tenses

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by xDeadcowx
stupid is the lack of intelligence, and so on and so forth.

But there is no "lack of intelligence" there is always some degree of intelligence. See, that is why I called it the ILLUSION of duality. There is "being" and "non-being" but the "non-being" is an illusion, there is never "ABSOLUTELY nothing".

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
great post!

this hit it right on through my eyes my friend..

i am sure there are in some ways where i do deviate from these 7 laws of nature.. but i consider myself to live my life seeing the true reality of things.. and even if i may not exactly know what the true "reality" is, thats ok, because i know what i believe and how i live is right, and if it is not right then it is also ok because if it is not right then it will only help me reach the right reality of it all

its great to see others thinking and posting stuff like this on ATS!

honestly this type of subject is what i look for now, because to me this kind of stuff is the only true thing that really matters

i mean i am interested in ALL subjects here on ATS, but recently these days iv been more focused on these kinds of issues.

so thank you.. its posts like these that keep me here and keep me thinking and expanding my mind to greater things!

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

even something that is just an illusion is something real in some way

our reality is just an illusion but is real..

but what does it take for anything to be considered "real"?

i feel that anything that can become thought or be thought about is in some way "real"

you cannot think of something that does not exist... if it did not exist then it would not be real and would not be able to be thought

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by willrush
reply to post by arpgme

even something that is just an illusion is something real in some way

our reality is just an illusion but is real..

The duality is "presence" or "absence"; fact is "presence/truth/showing/reality" and fantasy/illusion "Is absence away from reality".

The absence is not a real absence in 100% truth, but from our perspective, something may seem "absent". Just like space is not really empty. So, yin (darkness) only really exist from the human perspective because something is always there.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Nature on earth is remarkably violent. The "harmony" that is supposed to be seen in nature is done so through an amazing amount of violence and war like behavior. Watching animal after animal eat each other to simply survive isn't my idea of harmony at all, but a kind of balance that looks remarkably like the humans that cohabit earth killing each other to have security. That is not to say there isn't beauty and interesting things in and about nature, but to ignore the fact that everything on earth must kill something else to simply survive is rather foolish.

This is the realm of basic survival, not a realm of being and that applies to animals, plants and insects as well as humans. Thankfully this is not all there is.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by crankyoldman
Nature on earth is remarkably violent.

No, you are just focusing on all the violence of it. But there is much of non-violence as well. If you can see it, but a lot may not be able to since they are so trained to focus on the "evils" of the worlds.

This is the realm of basic survival, not a realm of being and that applies to animals, plants and insects as well as humans.

Surviving is a form of being. Any action must stem from "to be", whether it is "to survive", "to die", "to live", "to run", whatever..

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

Nature on earth is remarkably violent.

No, you are just focusing on all the violence of it. But there is much of non-violence as well. If you can see it, but a lot may not be able to since they are so trained to focus on the "evils" of the worlds.

This is the realm of basic survival, not a realm of being and that applies to animals, plants and insects as well as humans.

Surviving is a form of being. Any action must stem from "to be", whether it is "to survive", "to die", "to live", "to run", whatever..

This is a violent realm, all here experience it. To say it isn't to miss the point of the realm. No one gets to 'be' here, you can't as being without water or food for a short time means you get bounced out of the realm. There isn't anything wrong with this, but to use nature as your source for realms beyond is to fail to see what this realm is in its entirety, and to really limit the direction one can go when not attached to this realm. Sure trees are wonderful, the oceans is awesome to swim in and so on, but to deny that the realm is supported by its ability to consume itself is to see only half the picture. Actions stem from choice, choosing to be in this realm is a major struggle to do life, forget about being, the animal kingdom experiences it, as do we. When not in this physical realm there is not this problem, and you have the beauty of the trees and yourself without the survival part - different all together as you can then be without getting bounced because you don't have enough money for food.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

This is a violent realm, all here experience it. To say it isn't to miss the point of the realm.

This is also a peaceful realm. You can see it as "violent" saying that things die so that it can be "sustained" or you can call it "balance" seeing as death makes way for more life. It is your choice or perspective, one is more positive and the other more negative. There are both there.

No one gets to 'be' here, you can't as being without water or food for a short time means you get bounced out of the realm.

What do you mean no one gets to be here? We are already here... What does being have to do with not having food and water?

Being means to Exist, and we are existing in a human existence currently.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Nice, but i would add that those laws are the ones you recognize but i may see other laws, those are your laws, each person has its own view of reality, you can see something in reality that i don't see, so its not that simple.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reality is as you define it. Dream awake.

Don't limit yourself to what you know or are but rather be endless progression into what you imagine and can be.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Perhaps the illusion of reality is not in what you see but what you don't. Separation is the illusion that you are a small part of the universe...the ego likes that...that way it can compare things and try to commander reality to fit its own purpose...and that purpose is identity. Identity domination is a scourge of consciousness because it removes the opportunities for illumination...trying to be the whole picture while leaving everything else behind. Transcendence of ego domination is reaching a point of "dissolution" of identity, (through meditation or even a survival emergency) to become aware of realities that may have never entered the consciousness of humanity before!

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manula
Nice, but i would add that those laws are the ones you recognize but i may see other laws, those are your laws, each person has its own view of reality, you can see something in reality that i don't see, so its not that simple.

If you see something in REALITY that I don't see, then that is just something I am unaware of but it is still true. Saying that "therefore everyone has their own view of reality" is irrelevant. If you jump off a building you WILL fall whether you are aware of gravity or not.

top topics

join