It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lots Of Fighter Jets Deploying From Fort Polk, LA

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ApokalypsisRising

I've lived here for 25 years and have never seen any fighter jets deployed from here.

You've lived there for 25 years and never seen fighters in the region using Fort Polk? I find that very strange. It is used by all sorts of fighter aircraft in support of close air support training. It is also used as the range during Green Flag East exercises. See webpage and video links

www.10af.afrc.af.mil...

Image of F-15 firing cannon at Fort Polk

warbirdinformationexchange.org...

www.barksdale.af.mil...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.raf.mod.uk...

edit on 13-8-2012 by tommyjo because: additional info added

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

Ditto.
Esp considering Folk Polk (just is a Joint Readiness Training Center for/allied with ? Airborne (not an army gal; DHAC (don't have a clue) but....

I think I found something:

Military exercise to be conducted in Texas, Louisiana and Mississippi

A military exercise is underway through Aug. 31 at North Fort Polk, Camp Minden, and in the vicinity of the communities of New Iberia, Lake Charles, Houma, Belle Chasse, Orange, Texas, Houston, Hattiesburg, Miss., and Pascagoula, Miss. Soldiers from 1st Special Forces Group, based at Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Wash. are conducting the military exercise with assistance from units based out of Fort Polk.

Note that Spec Ops do "play" with Airborne (ie Airborne unit was damn close to Hulburt AFB FL - back in the day - talk about some crazy ass MF!!! Airborne and Spec Ops
) (bet they are having a ball with the Cajuns!!
)

Anywho......

Belle Chasse ANG does deploy F 15's, which according to Nostromo85's post can look alot like F22 Raptors.
That being said, even though the other Guard bases listed don't seem to have air support (Lewis McChord AFB in WA is air lift - ie cargo planes) if they were practicing air lifts and/or jumps (ie Airborne) and such they would need air support - ie fighters watching their arses, much like Tommyjo's link describes for the helios in search and rescue, which may explain why they are flying low and close, ie maneuvers.

So it seems you'll get aerial shows at least till the 31st

Also found where the F 35's are indeed being deployed to a select few ANG bases and training has begun, both with them and the regular AF. So... next gen AF - cool...
Pilot becomes Guard's first F-35 instructor pilot
At Eglin AFB FL -gee go fig

First F-35 jets may arrive at Glendale's Luke Air Force Base in fall 2013 This is in Glendale AZ-think Phoenix AZ

Another version: It's official: Luke gets F-35 training

Personally, I wouldn't worry about it until you see the bombers carrying nukes from Barksdale doing a flyover. And baby they look way different than jets

edit on 13-8-2012 by SCGrits because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
f-14's then,huh!.....
Ithink thetime is right for something different to happen......it's just the timing thing seeing the global fundamental trend for troubles

<< 1   >>

join