It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lots Of Fighter Jets Deploying From Fort Polk, LA

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this is ATS worthy (rather new here) but in the past 6 hours there have been 5 different "fighter jets" that have flown over my house. 3 alone have been in the past 30 minutes.

They looked like this:

media.defenseindustrydaily.com...

I've lived here for 25 years and have never seen any fighter jets deployed from here.

Okay, another one just passed again. Make that 6.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Maybe their gonna go shoot somethin, who knows? At least we get to sit in the air condition while they go do all the work.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
7 now!

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Thatrs a Raptor f 22 i think...those babies are the latest thing.....
6 jets doesnt make but half a squadron though......so it could easily be an exercise...maybe they are testing their oxygen system?(joke)
The planes would be first responders thats certain maybe better pay attention to the news if it keeps up.....
know any servicemen there? might be worth a call?
Also you dont have any numbers for certain as they may only have two flying circles???

edit on 13-8-2012 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
Maybe their gonna go shoot somethin, who knows? At least we get to sit in the air condition while they go do all the work.

Hahah, it is so hot here in Louisiana that central air feels like a heater blowing out hot air. You have to get the temperature down to like 50F in the morning and then hope the coolness lasts until the end of the day.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ApokalypsisRising

maybe they are going after whatever is coming out of this
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I you sure it wasn't an F15 they look similar and are with the 122nd
edit on 8/13/2012 by iforget because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

6 of them in the past hour.

25 years living by Fort Polk and I've never even seen one fighter jet ever.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

That's true. But by the looks of it, they keep coming one after the other. They're all going east.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Would they alert you for a test? Maybe they've moving bases. Sure its odd, but I don't think its an exceptionally odd thing.
Also, they are deploying over time. I'm not an expert in military procedure, but if something was going on, wouldn't they all deploy at the same time? Also, if something was going on (other than the sinkhole thread) then where is the ATS posting? Nobody is posting seeing fighter jets take on anything, or attack anything? Just keep an eye on it, or your ear out for any info.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Perhaps they are going to the Vibrant Response manuevers in Indiana... I am in Alabama and that is where our National Guard has gone... It is a big deal and there are some threads on here about it...

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Is it possible they're the same group of Aircraft doing touch and go's? Part of their training is making landing approaches and I believe that each one counts as an actual separate flight as well.

It's not uncommon for them to fly into various airbases or airports to get their qualifications in either. And if this isn't their home base, they are probably on a temporary assignment or in transit.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I'm thinking touch and go as well.
No need to fear if something "real" were happening, we'd know soon after.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
OP, just look at it this way...you won't have to worry about any enemy fighters looming around your neighborhood anytime soon. On a serious note, could they possibly be in transit to a different location, and stopped for fuel nearby your home?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I am thinking either it is a rather large training exercise; or they are going overseas.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Whatever they're doing...thanks for posting the info!!! Especially w/ what's going on inParrish w/ possible salt dome crack...sink hole ....

Again..ty could be important!

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Just found this!

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Maybe that is why they are going East? Things are starting to boil up in the East and I believe we will be seeing more of this as the new year comes.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Fort polk is the home of JRTC, it is a giant simulated wargame, where troops train in conditions very similar to acttual combat. For example, I believe it was in 2000 or maybe 1999 my unit went there. Tanks, helicopters, airborn drops, sling loading our howitzers and hummveys, for helicopters to pick up and fast transport to new locations, miles gear( military laser tag for you civie types) the whole works, it is quite tough, but very fun. Like being on the set of a holywood war movie.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
This from Stirling,

Thatrs a Raptor f 22 i think...those babies are the latest thing..... 6 jets doesnt make but half a squadron though......so it could easily be an exercise...maybe they are testing their oxygen system?(joke) The planes would be first responders thats certain maybe better pay attention to the news if it keeps up.....

and this from you

But by the looks of it, they keep coming one after the other. They're all going east.

and this from Xertious

Also, they are deploying over time. I'm not an expert in military procedure, but if something was going on, wouldn't they all deploy at the same time?

makes me think it's testing/training, if it is indeed F22 Raptors you're seeing(not saying you don't know your planes!!) (I can hardly tell one jet from another, even on the ground
and I should know better being an AF brat!) then what Stirling was joking about maybe a reality.

Logic dictates that if you're seeing/hearing them then they are flying in a low deck altitude, which means they're
1. touch and go training - but why around your area and not home training bases?
2. in transit need fuel; landing/taking off- possibly, but again, why in your area where there is no immediate support personnel?
3. testing flight issues - does anyone remember at what alt they were having problems with air masks? Any other problems/issues to do with alt?

Also you said they were all flying East; I assume they were coming from the West? Due West? West NW? West SW? At first I though uh oh- Barksdale - but it's due North of you; then I though this (Round 2: F-16 Intercepts Two Planes During President's Chicago Visit) but POTUS is stumping in Iowa today, again due North of you (Link) so what pray tell is on an East/West Axis?

Check this out:

(Sorry, haven't got the hang of resizing things yet - make sure you scroll over to the other end of map)
then this from wiki: operations bases that fly F22 Raptor

Air Education and Training Command: 325th Fighter Wing, Tyndall AFB, Florida;

Air Combat Command; 53d Wing, Eglin AFB, Florida 422nd Test and Evaluation Squadron – The "Green Bats" are responsible for operational testing, tactics development and evaluation for the F-22 at Nellis Air Force Base, Nevada (57th Wing, Nellis AFB, Nevada)

Air Force Materiel Command 412th Test Wing, Edwards AFB, California 411th Flight Test Squadron – ...... Continues to conduct flight test on F-22 armaments and upgrades.

So barring any great announcement from the PTB about jets being scrambled for a hijacked airliner or that WWIII has broken out, my guess is they're putting the old girl through her paces to get her and the flyboys back on speaking terms again

Let us know if any more con't to roll thru your skies.
Peace

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
The Jet in the image linked is actually an F-35A, not an F-22. Though they are similar somewhat in appearance.

The F-35 I believe is still in a testing period, wheras the F-22 is in service with the USAF, so it probably was an F-22, maybe even F-15's as they're not to dissimilar.
edit on 13-8-2012 by nostromo85 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SCGrits
This from Stirling,

Thatrs a Raptor f 22 i think...those babies are the latest thing..... 6 jets doesnt make but half a squadron though......so it could easily be an exercise...maybe they are testing their oxygen system?(joke) The planes would be first responders thats certain maybe better pay attention to the news if it keeps up.....

and this from you

But by the looks of it, they keep coming one after the other. They're all going east.

and this from Xertious

Also, they are deploying over time. I'm not an expert in military procedure, but if something was going on, wouldn't they all deploy at the same time?

makes me think it's testing/training, if it is indeed F22 Raptors you're seeing(not saying you don't know your planes!!) (I can hardly tell one jet from another, even on the ground
and I should know better being an AF brat!) then what Stirling was joking about maybe a reality.

Logic dictates that if you're seeing/hearing them then they are flying in a low deck altitude, which means they're
1. touch and go training - but why around your area and not home training bases?
2. in transit need fuel; landing/taking off- possibly, but again, why in your area where there is no immediate support personnel?
3. testing flight issues - does anyone remember at what alt they were having problems with air masks? Any other problems/issues to do with alt?

Also you said they were all flying East; I assume they were coming from the West? Due West? West NW? West SW? At first I though uh oh- Barksdale - but it's due North of you; then I though this (Round 2: F-16 Intercepts Two Planes During President's Chicago Visit) but POTUS is stumping in Iowa today, again due North of you (Link) so what pray tell is on an East/West Axis?

Check this out:

(Sorry, haven't got the hang of resizing things yet - make sure you scroll over to the other end of map)
then this from wiki: operations bases that fly F22 Raptor

Air Education and Training Command: 325th Fighter Wing, Tyndall AFB, Florida;

Air Combat Command; 53d Wing, Eglin AFB, Florida 422nd Test and Evaluation Squadron – The "Green Bats" are responsible for operational testing, tactics development and evaluation for the F-22 at Nellis Air Force Base, Nevada (57th Wing, Nellis AFB, Nevada)

Air Force Materiel Command 412th Test Wing, Edwards AFB, California 411th Flight Test Squadron – ...... Continues to conduct flight test on F-22 armaments and upgrades.

So barring any great announcement from the PTB about jets being scrambled for a hijacked airliner or that WWIII has broken out, my guess is they're putting the old girl through her paces to get her and the flyboys back on speaking terms again

Let us know if any more con't to roll thru your skies.
Peace

I'm really, REALLY clueless about military routines and equipment specification. Sorry I can't be more helpful. My aunt is a role-play actress for CUBIC simulation so maybe she might know something. I'll call her tonight.

All I can tell you is that the sound of jets passing by atleast every 20 minutes has been constant throughout this evening.

Another one as we speak. It's crazy!! Never have I witnessed this much air activity.
edit on 13-8-2012 by ApokalypsisRising because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join