It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You A Societal Aberrance?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Do you strongly believe something to the point of conviction, that is a departure from what the overwhelming majority on this planet believe? If so, why? What makes your belief right, and the consensus of the human species wrong? For instance...

If you are an atheist, you have an aberrant belief. It is a complete departure from what our species, as a whole, believes.
On the other hand, if you are a member of a minority sect of Chrisitianity, you have an aberrant belief among Christians.
If you believe governments are not hiding knowledge of ET's, you are in the minority of Americans.

If you believe the American voting and political system are there to give the illusion of choice, you are a minority.

Please, the thread isn't about the examples, it's about those of us in society who have aberrant beliefs. What makes us sane, and the rest of our species crazy?

Or maybe a better question would be: What makes them sane, and the rest of us crazy?

What is your aberrant belief? Why do you not go along with what the majority of our species has agreed is reality?
edit on 8/13/2012 by Klassified because: eta

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
What is your aberrant belief?

Humans experience various phases of LIFE and DEATH within EXISTENCE. So humans are ETERNAL. I feel this way because I feel sometimes I have had a few chances to GET IT RIGHT.

Oh and that Reptilians HAVE interacted HERE on EA*RTH with what are humans now

NAMASTE*******

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Well, first of all, just because the majority of the species agrees that something is reality does not make it true by any means. At the very most, it makes it the majority opinion. And second of all, one of the best things about being human is being an individual.

Let's see... I went to college (that makes me different than those who didn't), I like anime (that makes me different than those who don't), I'm a moderate (that makes me different than Republicans and Democrats), I'm an American (automatically a minority there), I like gaming (most people like sports more probably), I could go on and on, really.

For example, even though I make a small amount of money by American standards, that automatically puts me in the minority by world standards.

I don't think you really have to try to be different, in fact, I think it's natural and nearly impossible for everyone to be the same.

I think basing one's morals on the majority is silly. Good idea for a thread though...

Let's see... I am so far away from normal that it's ridiculous... but one belief I have that is probably the majority world-wide, but the minority in "civilized" society is my belief in a soul. Once again, the reason that I go along with the belief even though the "majority" of our society agrees it is false is because it isn't even possible to base everything you do on the majority, so...
edit on 13-8-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I just think along the lines that if the majority is soooooo right, then how do we explain how screwed up things have gotten?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I believe that good triumphs over evil. I believe in happy endings. I believe that if you're in the right, you will prevail.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

A very good reply. Starred.

And it is the extreme I'm talking about here, not the everyday differences among cultures and classes.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
I believe that good triumphs over evil. I believe in happy endings. I believe that if you're in the right, you will prevail.

Now that really is an aberrant belief, Beez. Maybe if we were all that aberrant, the world would be a better place.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I believe in Jesus and Evolution...

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage

Then you are normal, not aberrant. Congratulations.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Now that really is an aberrant belief, Beez. Maybe if we were all that aberrant, the world would be a better place.

The problem with this world is there is not enough crazy people in it!

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Hi Klassified and all.

Are You A Societal Aberrance?

We must be, in our home, my wife and me:
1 = We have NO cell phone.
2 = We have NO FaRcebook or TWITter.
3 = We eat 99% organic.
4 = We use NO fluoride toothpaste.
5 = We ride in a 2001 Civic.
( Would be fun to know the proporion%, riding in 10 years and older cars? )
6 = We do not watch stupid fixed sports, reality, double, talent, couple, trio,. . .TV
7 = We watch TV stuff like NOVA, NATURE, Elegant universe. . .
8 = I read and post here. . . B-)
9 = I do no religion. . . and do morality.
10 = and stuff I forgot. . .

Blue skies.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage

Then you are normal, not aberrant. Congratulations.

So typical Christians believe in evolution....Really?...point me to the church that follows this doctrine please last I checked they didn't.

This is actually Aberrant Theology as in your own definition. Mormons are aberrant Christians as are Jehovah's Witnesses.

But fine
I live in a republican state but am independent
I am American but hate football and most major sports
I don't have cable TV
I grow a garden
I am not fat.
I enjoy science
I believe in Jesus but I am not nor will I ever claim to be be Christian

Pretty sure that makes for an aberrant American unless of course all the non-conformists and aberrants are wearing black today in which case I will be in purple.
edit on 13-8-2012 by abeverage because: For some things I forgot

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

If you believe the American voting and political system are there to give the illusion of choice, you are a minority.

Really? I thought it was a popular belief.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

1. I see no value whatsoever in watching sports. Nothing is actually won or lost in these games. It doesn't advance mankind in the slightest.

2. I firmly believe that people should no longer be allowed to own personal automobiles. No more cars equals trillions of gallons of natural resources saved. Let there be a trillion bicycles now!

3. I firmly believe that no nation has a right to force its beliefs on any other nation.

4. I do not want Middle Eastern Muslims in my country at this time. This is not discrimination. And to call it discrimination is to say I'm wrong for not wanting someone living in MY house until they prove themselves to be trustworthy and will abide by my rules. If it is agreed that I should be able to control who comes into my house, then we, as a majority, should be able to control who comes into our country.

edit on 8/13/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

I believe there is no 'good' or 'evil' they are only figments of the imagination
given to us by an imaginary book......TO CONTROL the humans

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Judging by what I've seen of this world, the aberrations are the so called "normal and adjusted" people. If they even exist. In 46 years I have yet to meet a single person who was not screwed up in some way or another. Some folks just hide it better than others.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I'm with beezer . we're going to heaven after this .
A group is no aberrance

Positive thinking everyone should learn that , to not have anything drag them down or stop them having morale.
Theres a multitude of yeah butters in the world , losing out everyday
edit on 13-8-2012 by ZIPMATT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Abberant, guilty as charged.

The majority of the world believes a LOT of stuff that has been proven false.

You could start an entire thread on commonly accepted false information.

Today's lunatic is tomorrow's hero.

Grab that shepherd hook! We have sheeple to tend to!

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

According to Wiki, 51% of mainline protestants "agree evolution is the best explanation for the origin of human life on earth". JW's are at the bottom with 8%. Check it out. Though I'm sure figures will vary across the internet.
en.wikipedia.org...

Yep. You are aberrant in the other areas.

edit on 8/13/2012 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4

I believe there is no 'good' or 'evil' they are only figments of the imagination
given to us by an imaginary book......TO CONTROL the humans

I guess that's why I'm an abberation.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join