It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysteriously Disappearing and/or Appearing Food and Other Objects...anyone else experiencing these

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by QueenofWeird

Originally posted by billy197300
reply to post by tigertatzen

One thing you might consider with your missing food is sleep walking. I saw a show the other day about people that sleepwalk and eat not knowing they ever did it. I have never had food disappear but I think I have a remote monster living in my attic or something. The other day I wanted to watch TV and my remote wasn't were I keep it. Over the last 3 days I have literally torn my house apart......it isn't here.....anywhere. This is the third remote I have gone through in the last year.

Yep I take Zolpidem and with higher doses you are prone to sleep eating '-

I know this is a bit off topic but what on earth CAUSES that? I am curious.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I lose socks. Dozens a year. It's like some sick running gag.

My parter and i house sat a few years back and when i was getting ready for bed my partner showed me a pair of black socks which she told me were her new work socks. She than told me she was placing them in so and so draw and told me jokingly that they better be there the next morning (First night in the house).

I woke up the next morning with abuse telling me it was not funny.

You need to understand this stuff scares the crap out of her, so as a man, if i ever wanted love to never play jokes on her. And she would never.

Where they went i have no idea. It was a wierd month. A pillow went missing (hers lol), lights coming on, fans coming on. Odd times.

A bit off topic, but it was something odd because the next day she had off work and we had installed the alarm by the bed but not turned it on, yet we woke up to the alarm which she would set at a specific time (which had not been put in).

Go figure.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrZrD
reply to post by tigertatzen

I guess I am the first to suggest rats. All species of rats show various levels of item hoarding behavior in contrast to other local small animals.

Where I live, the occasional Rocky Mountain Wood Rat finds its way into my cabin and the first sign is always personal items, food, or sprung mouse traps found in the middle of a room. Get a live rodent trap if you want to capture it alive (or want to avoid injury to your cats from lethal rat traps) and see what you capture.

Good luck and best regards,
Z

Our brain is an artist that paints the reality that surrounds us.

Source www.archimedes-lab.org...

Cool cabin

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Here is a story I posted in my thread on 3-27-12 about my disappearing shoes...

I had bought a pair of very expensive shoes last year to wear after having foot surgery. I knew it would be many months before I could wear them, but I bought them anyway because they were on sale, and I knew they would be comfortable on my feet. I had left them in the box, and put them in a room I use for storage. I would see them there every time I went into the room, which was usually on a daily basis.

So, one day I decided to get them out and see if I could wear them yet. When I went to the room they were nowhere to be found! I thought maybe I had put them some other place and forgot doing it. So, here I go searching all the closets in every room of the house.... no shoes anywhere. I actually thought someone that had visited us had stolen them because they were a very high-quality, and expensive shoe. I was quite upset thinking this person would do such a thing!

Last week I hurt my back, and I went to my bedroom closet to retrieve a special pillow I use under my legs to relieve pressure on my back. There, sitting on top of the pillow, were my shoes that had been missing for months!
I had searched the closet thoroughly when I was looking for them, and been getting clean sheets down weekly, and never once saw my shoes there. Now, here they were.... in plain site upon opening the door!
I asked if anyone had put them there. No one had. Hummmmmm....................

This kind of thing has happened to me all my life, but not recently. I guess they didn't fit the spirit's feet so they brought them back! I'm happy they decided to return them because I really need them. I'm wearing them now, and they are very comfortable! Thanks for returning them, Spirits!

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Very interesting.
Could it be that some house help maybe tried them on, inadvertently did something to them and had them restored to the original condition before they could return them?
In such cases it's unlikely they would admit to it.

Please know that I am not doubting such experiences. If you read my previous posts, in this thread and elsewhere, you'll see that I've been having weird experiences all my life.
It's just that I always try to eliminate all possible mundane causes.

edit on 18-8-2012 by Vanitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by flashtrum

Reasonable explanations are always welcome and should be thoroughly examined first, before jumping at "far out" conclusions.

However, this does not explain cases where non-edible objects disappear - such as my hermetically sealed bag of tortellini (uncooked, of course
) or my eyelash mascara, to name just two among many other examples.
There are no possums living in Europe, as far as I know, nor have I ever stayed in an infested place.
But if there is a mascara-wearing mouse toting a bag of Barilla tortellini somewhere, I'd pay to see it!

And I'd still like to know what was the thing that fell from my head (cf. my first post here).
Has nobody ever had a similar experience?

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I was looking all over for a new pair of shoes I had bought for when I dressed up to go somewhere. This was many years ago. I looked for hours and couldn't find them anywhere, my disposition was getting pretty bad. I forgot to check my feet, I was wearing them all along. Actually I had been wearing them for about a week.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Im always losing my keys.

Some eastern Asian cultures invite spirit babies in their homes, said to move stuff around.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas
reply to post by sled735

Very interesting.
Could it be that some house help maybe tried them on, inadvertently did something to them and had them restored to the original condition before they could return them?
In such cases it's unlikely they would admit to it.

Please know that I am not doubting such experiences. If you read my previous posts, in this thread and elsewhere, you'll see that I've been having weird experiences all my life.
It's just that I always try to eliminate all possible mundane causes.

edit on 18-8-2012 by Vanitas because: (no reason given)

I don't have any house help, and my daughter wouldn't be caught dead in those shoes. They are "old women's" shoes, according to her.
I have no explanation for their disappearance.

My mother had a favorite comb when I was young that disappeared. She accused my sister and me of getting it. We did not. It was gone for several months, then one day it appeared on the sink shelf where she always kept it.

I wonder if the beings that are taking these things are trying to figure out what they are used for, or if they are just being mischievous? Some of the oddest things come up missing.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I see. Thanks.
(And I am sure your daughter has NO taste in shoes whatsoever!
)

On a more serious note, I don't think there is a one-size-fits-all explanation.
There are cases where there seem to be actual invisible beings playing havoc. If you have the time or the interest, search for the Leslie family experiences, in Castle Leslie in Ireland. I think I saw an account awhile ago.
Or maybe it's on YouTube, because their experiences were featured in a British documentary series, Ghost Hunters, from 1996.
They seem to have book-loving "ghosts" there, who return them after they've... I don't know, read them, presumably?

But more often than not I think there is an actual temporary "blind spot". Not a physical one, but rather a glitch in the object-identification department.
I don't have the time right now (I take my vacations very seriously
), but I may write more about this in the future.

And there may be myriad other explanations, of which we know nothing about.
Isn't the world a wondrous place?

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Well I just got my proof that I'm in some sort of alternate or parallel reality. I wasn't able to prove anything before because people who suddenly changed would often disappear from my life before I saw them again.

Two or three years ago I paid someone to install a metal high quality valve on my front lawn irrigation system because the old plastic handle had broken off. I decided just to check it tonight to make sure everything is functioning correctly before summer is over. It's as if I never had a metal handle installed. I know no one would steal such a thing. Worst case is that the plastic grip would have worn down a little but there isn't even a handle in the hole now. I guess I should find it amazing how everything else around my house is the same from one reality or time slip some like to call it to another. I was wondering before and could not even prove anything to myself. Now I might have to pay someone to install a handle again. Maybe I'll wait and see if a handle magically appears the next time I go to check it. There had to be several realities where the handle was installed.

Makes me wonder how many other things are different. This thread is a reminder that I'm not the only one noticing things changing for no apparent reason. I just couldn't prove anything even to myself until now.

This is one thing I don't like about this reality because it wasn't cheap to install.

edit on 18/8/12 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by orionthehunter

Ok, so did you tell anyone else that you did that? That you hired someone to install a metal valve of no real value and then the next time you've decided to check on it, it was gone?

And true, there are different realities but luckily they don't affect people directly. SO, now I'm in a spot where people are missing things yet I'm not, and I'm reading on how this is possible.

So far, this is Occult knowledge (Don't mix it in with Cult), I mean I'm trying to wrap my head around it and ask "How is it possible and why is it being done?"

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
WOW ! After reading all of these post, i think i'm going to go buy a motion camera and set it up to see whats been going on in my house now. My husband & i live in the house i grew up in. Its about 65 yrs. old. We have done some renavations on it and still have more to do. About two yrs. after we were married, ( around 2003) i had left for work one morning and he was still at home getting ready for work. He told me that he was washing his hands at the kitchen sink and turned around to dry his hands and look at the top of our refridgerator and all of a sudden there were some papers that i had put up there had completly been pushed off onto the floor. He said it was like they were thrown onto the floor. Now there is not a single air vent above our refridgerator. He said the hair on his arms stood up and cold chills went all over his body. Oh and we do not have any cats so that is not the cause. He reached down and picked them up and left them on the table for me to sort out. There have been several times our door bell has rung and no one is at the door. Our telephone would ring and there would not be any phone numbers on the caller id. This has happened several times as well. I have heard people talking before and when i would go into a certain room in our house the talking would stop. I have taken pictures in our house and captured white orbs in the photos. We both have also experienced things missing like car keys, socks, shoes. And let me add to this, we just got our Jack Russell Terrier last year, (2011). Some of this stuff was happening right after we were married in 2001. We always put our keys in the same place. We would go to get our keys and find them in another part of the house. One morning our Jack Russell Terrier ran to the bathroom and jumped in the tub and looked around the room and barked like crazy. He chased something another morning into the bathroom while i was getting ready for work. He jumped in the tube and barked at the wall. I don't know who it could be unless my parents are watching over me. Nothing has happened that was scary to me, Its like someone is playing games with us but we don't know who we are playing with. Some food has been missing as well. Like i buy it one day and the next morning or afternoon when i go to get it, it is gone. No where to be found and it was in our cubbord or in our refridgerator / freezer before it got missing. No one has ever lived in this house before us because my parents had this house built. So, i know what i'm going to do now, and thats buy a motion camera and see what goes on when we're here and when we're not.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by sled735

I was looking all over for a new pair of shoes I had bought for when I dressed up to go somewhere. This was many years ago. I looked for hours and couldn't find them anywhere, my disposition was getting pretty bad. I forgot to check my feet, I was wearing them all along. Actually I had been wearing them for about a week.

That reminded me of when I was in the third grade. I had just gotten glasses. It was time for the bell to ring at the end of the day, and I was freaking out because I couldn't find my glasses! I ran up the the teacher about in tears. She looked at me like with a "Duh" expression, and said, "You're wearing them."
I felt so foolish!

edit on 8/18/2012 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elizabeth1
WOW ! After reading all of these post, i think i'm going to go buy a motion camera and set it up to see whats been going on in my house now. My husband & i live in the house i grew up in. Its about 65 yrs. old. We have done some renavations on it and still have more to do. About two yrs. after we were married, ( around 2003) i had left for work one morning and he was still at home getting ready for work. He told me that he was washing his hands at the kitchen sink and turned around to dry his hands and look at the top of our refridgerator and all of a sudden there were some papers that i had put up there had completly been pushed off onto the floor. He said it was like they were thrown onto the floor. Now there is not a single air vent above our refridgerator. He said the hair on his arms stood up and cold chills went all over his body. Oh and we do not have any cats so that is not the cause. He reached down and picked them up and left them on the table for me to sort out. There have been several times our door bell has rung and no one is at the door. Our telephone would ring and there would not be any phone numbers on the caller id. This has happened several times as well. I have heard people talking before and when i would go into a certain room in our house the talking would stop. I have taken pictures in our house and captured white orbs in the photos. We both have also experienced things missing like car keys, socks, shoes. And let me add to this, we just got our Jack Russell Terrier last year, (2011). Some of this stuff was happening right after we were married in 2001. We always put our keys in the same place. We would go to get our keys and find them in another part of the house. One morning our Jack Russell Terrier ran to the bathroom and jumped in the tub and looked around the room and barked like crazy. He chased something another morning into the bathroom while i was getting ready for work. He jumped in the tube and barked at the wall. I don't know who it could be unless my parents are watching over me. Nothing has happened that was scary to me, Its like someone is playing games with us but we don't know who we are playing with. Some food has been missing as well. Like i buy it one day and the next morning or afternoon when i go to get it, it is gone. No where to be found and it was in our cubbord or in our refridgerator / freezer before it got missing. No one has ever lived in this house before us because my parents had this house built. So, i know what i'm going to do now, and thats buy a motion camera and see what goes on when we're here and when we're not.

yep..

nearly sounds like what's was happening in our house.. My only issue was..

it was spilling over into my work ! Now unless I'm a muant of some sort.. I have NO idea what it could be..

ETA: intresting to note is you KNOW the house was built and you KNOW it's history.. 90% of these cases is beause something nefarious has happened in it.. however, check the history of the property and see if it's on a ancient Indian burial site.. that too can also be an issue..
edit on 18-8-2012 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by erictcartman

Many objects have disappeared from our apartment besides food; remotes, pens, lighters, brushes, keys, all kinds of stuff. And it surprised me to see how many other people have experienced the same or similar things that could easily be written off as just everyday disappearances. Like you said, these are sincere and baffling accounts, and I am absolutely thrilled to know that it is not just us
Thank you for tuning in!!

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ArtOfTrance

We actually call them pixies too or leprechans...I think for lack of knowing WHAT "they" are and also to keep the creep factor at bay a little...damned unnerving when things literally disappear from one minute to the next and never reappear. I talk to "them" too, trust me lol...problem is the little buggers have yet to return our items!!

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by FreedomCommander

It is sobering to hear you say the word "gateway". Because that is exactly what my husband said...it's like there is a gateway to another place and we are the unwitting gatekeepers.

Interesting that you should mention honey because I have had a recurring issue with buying bottles and jars of honey and it just...disappears. The jar itself stays, but the level of honey goes down substantially every couple of nights. I eat local honey to combat allergies and I am the only person who eats it...my husband doesn't like it at all. I just threw away yet another jar of honey the other day because there was only a tiny bit left at the bottom and a week prior the jar was full. I eat about a tablespoon of it in the mornings when I take my medicine and vitamins. So what is the deal with honey? And is there anything you know of involving peanut butter??

I would really like to hear the information on the clothing disappearing as well. I want to know if there is a way to communicate with the people on the other side of the gate. I want to understand. I'm sure I am not the only one either, so please please share what you know or what you think may be occurring.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
After a member said their forks were missing..

last week, I was emptying out the dishwasher and BAM~! Our good forks are missing.. i was like seriously .. and also our matching knives.. I'll take a look see upstairs in the grandson room.. but.. he brings down his dishes on a regualar basis..

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by daisyglaze

I too have an issue with closets. Not all closets, mind you, but certain ones in several different places we have lived. My husband recently confessed to me that he also dislikes certain closets and especially the one in our bedroom currently. We had a disturbing incident happen involving a closet about 4 years ago at another place as well. Like you say, there is a very "negative vibe" coming from our current closet...and it's not something you can insert into normal conversation...people would think we were crazy. We store things in it but we do not use it for everyday purposes (such as keeping our clothing in it) and the door is kept firmly closed.

Our cats have been behaving strangely as well. Everyone who has pets knows that sometimes they seem to focus on a random spot in the room and stare at that spot intently for no apparent reason. I have had cats my whole life and they always do this, so I generally ignore it. But when all of them are crowded around the same spot, tails puffed out, growling (yes, growling) and on high alert...that is not normal cat behavior. They definitely see something that we cannot see with our limited vision. I want to know what they see...or maybe I don't lol.

Maybe these portals or gateways or whatever exist all over the place and most people can't sense them, but a few of us can. The responses I have gotten to this thread have made me think that more than ever. I had no idea these types of occurrences were so widespread, and that realization has made me more curious than ever as to what is going on beneath the thin veil of our everyday world. I hope I can find the answer.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join