It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysteriously Disappearing and/or Appearing Food and Other Objects...anyone else experiencing these

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I'll admit OP I have had many strange occurences such as that...where missing jewelry/food/other items of importance wind up missing!It is really strange to me because I'm not usually the type of person to lose or misplace things..kinda always observing by surroundings subconsciously.
But when it started getting really annoying/bad I almost felt like screaming in peoples faces wondering if they stole from us..I didn't of course because I had no proof..nor did anyone of my roommates have had any intention,desire or even intelligience to steal from us....but whenever anything goes missing that never turns up in the back of my head I'm always talking to the "entity" following me around and screwing with me saying " I know you took it!!"

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by InsertRelevantMeme

Very good advice. You can purchase some reasonably priced motion detecting cameras on hunting websites.

They only turn on when something moves within it's line of sight, which saves power and recording space. Otherwise you gotta get a mounted cam. Costco sells some good ones that you can monitor from your home PC. We got a few and it's nice to have around here.

I am just waiting until December so I can catch the punks that annually destroy all of our Christmas decorations, as well as my neighbors. I mean, when I was a kid I messed around a little. Sure, We door bell ditched, toilet papered or even turned off peoples power (that I don't recommend these days with so much technology depending on it), but a few things were off limits, and one of them was messing with or destroying any kind of holiday decorations whatsoever. That means Holloween, Christmas, the fourth of july ect, whatever the day may be.

God damn it! What is the matter with this new generation? We had moral based rules and limitations when it came down to our hooliganism!

~$heopleNation

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by tigertatzen
reply to post by johnosal

Actually it doesn't sound like nonsense at all. This has been a recurring topic at our house...what if our dimension is "brushing up against" another one? And when this happens, people can come through and manipulate things in our dimension? Food for thought, definitely.

I had thought about this too...that maybe perhaps dimensions are getting intertwined and perhaps creatures of myth and legend that were "seen and experienced" long ago may be coming back...for example gold loving,mischievious thieving pixies >_< lmao
I always joke with my girlfriend that "its that damn pixie F'ing with me!!" but in my mind I really think its some pixie messing with me..but its so farfetched its unbelievable

Im interested at what other occurences you had.You should intentionally buy some marshmallows somewhere and like leave a camera running or something....just to rule out that its not the kitty >

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

The thing that struck me though was the post from mikemck1976 in Ohio who said that in addition to having a strange electrical issue, he also mysteriously found a peanut butter sandwich on his kitchen floor. I swear my heart actually stopped for a second when I read that.

I thought you were going to say you had a peanut butter sandwich disappear on you, and that this mikemick1976 guy had found your peanut butter sandwich that somehow teleported from your house to his.

Originally posted by bourbon2nite
For the last two years my silverware has been disappearing. Started with forks and now it is butter knives.

I live alone and my only company would be my daughter and believe me she would not want my dollar store silverware.

My family thinks im nuts and I just keep going to the dollar store for more.

I had to laugh as I read your post, as I was picturing my father yelling "Where the hell do the damn butter knives keep disappearing?"

You see, a common way to smoke Hashish is with knives heated up in the elements of a stove. Forks could have their use as well. May not necessarily be the case in your situation, but I guarantee that's the cause of a LOT of missing butter knives.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by tigertatzen

Well, nothing on my radar says that San Antonio is a hot spot. (Hot spots to me are ones with sever negetive energy that dark spirits like to hang around and do all kinds of bad stuff)

But if sweets keep disappearing and cheese as well, then I have a theory, but it's too pre-mature to come to light.

Have any honey? Try having a spy cam on a bottle of honey and see what happens.

To me, this is no game, this is serious. How? You are having your food stolen, and so far that you've said, it's just food. Whatever, or whoever, is in there, must be hungry for sweets. Question is why?

But reading other posts, shirts? That brings another thing up, but it's too complicated for the common person to understand, so I'll try to down-size it to be understand able.

The place you live in might have a different frequency. Meaning, things disappear but they go somewhere and most likely the same place, but on a different realm, and most likely on a higher realm. However, if the rules say it, if there is a action there must be a reaction, meaning a switch. So if you put your husband's shirt in the washing machine then another shirt came out, what happened that the one that your husband usually wears?

Possibly in the trash.

And so far, people are not in the mix, saying they can't wake up one day and realize that they are not in the home that they thought their in.

Out of the 3 theories that I have for you, I'll tell you one, Your apartment building is a gateway, not a hot spot, a gateway.
edit on 14-8-2012 by FreedomCommander because: incomplete

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

mikemck1976 in Ohio who said that in addition to having a strange electrical issue, he also mysteriously found a peanut butter sandwich on his kitchen floor

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.
edit on 15-8-2012 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I have many connections to your experiences. Many were from about 5 years ago! But for me, it isnt food that disappears, but other objects.

The answers could be:

You have a visitor...Slender Man

There is a glitch in the matrix (i think you saw my other post). Many conspiracy theorists believe that we live in a computerized world. A real life matrix. Many weird things have been happening (theres alot of evidence in videos and pictures) around the world that can help the idea of us living in a matrix.

Or, it could be unknown reasons.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

reply to post by bluemirage5

Been there, done that

There are no signs of entry anyway, and I doubt someone could have unlocked our door with a spare key, walked right past us unseen and place a marshmallow on my kitchen floor. If that were possible, this would be an entirely different thread

Their is only one answer, YOUR [SNIP] !!!!!

JUst kiddin'

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on 15-8-2012 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by tigertatzen

Thanks for your sharing op. Last week I opened the pantry and saw a fruit fly in there, but it disappeared right before my eyes. Next I went to the fridge and saw a fruit fly in the fridge as soon as I opened the door that also disappeared into thin air. The flies were in places you would never find them. the pantry is full of canned goods and air sealed food...so why would it be in there. After witnessing this fruit fly I have not seen it since that day. Strange.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I actually had a recent weird incident like that.

I bought 4 Monster energy drinks, and remember putting one of them in the fridge upside down.

I had drank 2 of them, and the last one i drank was the upside down one.

When I went to the fridge to get a third drink, one of the drinks was still uspide down.

It's kinda silly, but still weird.

I also constantly notice things are missing when I look for them, only to find them sitting i the most obvious place imaginable and I was 100% sure I checked there.

For example, I was looking for a specific USB cable for two days! I checked all over my room, including my guitar case. After I borrowed a cable from a friend, I finally saw the USB cable sitting on top of my guitar case as if I was blind and totally missed it.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
i haven't had any food disappear but i do have a VERY strange account of something disappearing. When I was around eleven i got a nano pet salon stylist game. it is a large toy like a very thick oversized compact. i lost it shortly after christmas that very year.... mother and I tore the house up looking for it. nothing at all.
Then out of nowhere, i'm seventeen and we've moved three times since i was eleven... one day i wake up and its in the middle of the living room floor.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I've been trying to figure out where all my socks go since i was a little kid. Still haven't had any luck.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
We've had so many things disappear and reappear over the last 13 years or so. We've moved 3 times and whatever it is still follows us. We see the poltergiest on a regular basis and stuff disappears and things move all the time. This week it's been a bottle of visine, some money, cutlery, and glasses. Over the years we've had rings disappear only to be found in the back of a kitchen cupboard or see it come flying across the room from out of no where. Last month I lost my cell phone when it fell out of my pocket at a gas station. When I got home, it was under a desk. The next day my daughter's cell phone went missing from her jacket and then later reappeared. We have several pictures we caught of "something" in the past few years, they're in my thread here somewhere.

We have food missing lately too. My son will put cans of pop in the fridge or a chocolate bar and it will go missing. It's possible he ate it and forgot though. As for your M&M's, I wonder if there's a ghost snacking on them right now.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Oh and keys have been going missing too and then when we talk out loud to please return, they reappear a couple days later.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I've had plenty, a few of which I'll relay as briefly as possible, as some have been posted in earlier threads.

- in the early 2000s, eating an apple with one hand while chatting online with the other, being unusually and acutely aware that the apple was impeding my ability to type, then literally transitioning from this thought to the realization that I was now typing with both hands, apple no longer an impediment. Figured I must've spaced out and dumped it in the wastebasket under the desk - not in my nature but not impossible to imagine - but it wasn't there. I combed the entire apartment for hours, even looking outside the property beyond the windows just in case I was THAT spacey but never found it, and it's bothered me to this day. I always stop before I reach the core because I hate the texture near the seeds so I know I couldn't have eaten it all while distracted. Biting into a seed once made me gag and I never made that mistake again. (The memory of the incident remains fresh today because I posted it in LiveJournal within hours and I still have the original post in my website journal.)

- in the same apartment as above, which I shared with my then-boyfriend, random items routinely disappeared and reappeared days later in full view in a spare bedroom. The room itself was strange - impossible to keep tidy despite our best efforts, and every time I dragged everything out into the corridor to re-arrange it seemed to set things off - the disappearances, strange vibes and a sense of being stalked, just general weirdness. My partner never experienced it except vicariously but one of my neighbor's kid did, and in the same area of the room where I always sensed the most negativity (closet area). I didn't let on that I felt anything because I didn't want to scare her, but it sort of confirmed my suspicions.

- when I moved out of the apartment after my breakup I stayed with a retired relative of my ex. (I have issues that make it impossible for me to stay alone at night, so his mum arranged it.) For the first time I felt like I was in a safe place, no negative vibes whatsoever. The relative was a devout Christian and I assumed this was the reason. (I'm not.) All was well for the first few months, then one night I went out to see a friend's band and when I returned I sensed something was 'off' when I walked into my room. I couldn't put a finger on it but figured I'd probably had too much to drink after laying off for so long. As I lay in bed I got a strange vibe from the area of the closet but dismissed it as an effect of the alcohol. Starting in my freshman year of college I'd had problems with closets where I'd wake up in terror and realize the door was open, close it and suddenly all was well. I'd noted after moving into the house that I could sleep with the closet doors open without a problem.

Well, the next morning was when things started to unravel. I lived near the beach and I often took long walks there, wearing a ratty old pair of Ralph Lauren canvas sneakers with even rattier tube socks, which I'd stuff into the shoes and kick under the bed for easy access. I reached under the bed to grab them for my morning walk and they weren't there. Combed the entire house, upstairs, downstairs, the garage, the entire yard and gardens - nothing. Who the hell would take such crap from my room when all my nicer shoes - including newer versions of the same sneakers - were clearly visible? Then over the course of the next few days I noticed other items missing, random things like one of two plastic cases of burnt disks stacked below a shelf of original DVDs that remained untouched, a discontinued local dollar bill from a recently ordered Liverpool FC velcro wallet, the front of which appeared inexplicably singed despite being kept in a dresser drawer with items that were unaffected, and other trivial items. My first assumption was theft, despite the random nature of the missing items and the fact that both cash and valuables (crystal and jewelry) were left untouched, but then the strange vibes started just like in my previous home, and when the cats refused to come into my room and would stand just outside the door instead of slinking in to rub my legs and remind me it was feeding time, I started to panic. The owner accused me of bringing demons into the house and things got a bit ugly. I'd been convinced for years that "things" followed me no matter where I lived - usually with a grace period of a few months - and this seemed like proof. I started praying at night and it helped me sleep, and eventually I believe I found a way to banish whatever had been haunting me, as the activity decreased and the cats returned after I experimented with my own 'incantations' one night. The missing items never re-appeared (I was sure they would after my experiment) but I often wondered if they showed up in that room of the old apartment. I was never crazy enough to ask the subsequent occupant, though.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Also worth noting is that in the last incident the closets were an "issue" for the entire period - I was terrified to have them open at night and would wake spontaneously if they were, but after things died down I was fine again. Since then I've rarely, if ever, had a problem with open closet doors. *knock wood*

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Accidental double post. Ignore.
edit on 15-8-2012 by daisyglaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Domovoi....

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout
Maybe it's the Moon People.

I had some strange things happen at my old apartment.

Things would just disappear like my smokes, tv remote, a can of beer, etc. a few times I would find the missing item on my patio or in a room I never entered. I did a thread about it or commented on some other thread it freaked me out at first.

When it happened I kinda joked that the moon people were stealing my stuff. Sometimes I would ask them to please return whatever it was that went missing. I'm not #ing you more often than not I would find the item in another room or on my bench on my patio.

The next time it happens try asking the moon people to return your stuff. Be nice I think they're just curious.

I moved about a week ago, not because of that, and so far it hasn't happened at my new apt.

I hope I didn't make them mad by moving.

I've never heard of "moon people" but I know this happened to me a few times too. I had a friend who used to tell me stories of his encounters with shadow people and he seemed quite versed in the paranormal, so when he told me that certain entities were just playing with me (mischief without malice) and if I asked nicely they'd return my stuff, I figured I had nothing to lose, so I tried it. I'd packed some books in a box against the wall in my room and when I went to retrieve a particular book it wasn't there. I took everything out and replaced them one by one - nothing. Since it was at a point of high but non-threatening 'activity' in the apartment mentioned in my previous post, I remembered my friend's suggestion and I said something playful like, "Ok, you've had your fun. Can I have my book back now? Pretty please?" I unpacked the box and there it was about two deep. I looked around the room, laughed and said, "Thaaank you!" It happened more than once but that was the most specific I recall. I'm sure there was more than one entity, though. This particular one never scared me, but other or others did - and bad. I don't think I ever had the courage to address them. Best ignored, I figured.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

reply to post by bluemirage5

Been there, done that

There are no signs of entry anyway, and I doubt someone could have unlocked our door with a spare key, walked right past us unseen and place a marshmallow on my kitchen floor. If that were possible, this would be an entirely different thread

I would have someone come out and inspect your walls. Possums have been known to live in walls of apartment complexes, and if the population is small enough you won't see them or hear them yet they will steal food. They may be in process of moving it when you come into a room and find it on the floor. They will drop it and run if they hear you coming. They may also pick up other objects that they are curious about.

That would be my bet - you have an infestation problem.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join