It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everything in time and space is a creation.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   

A personality identity is perceived but that is not what I really am, it is something that changes with time,circumstance and can be a useful tool at times and not so useful other times. But that is not what I am, it is what is created and I am able to observe it. It may seem to be temporarily me, but
in reality it is not me as I am observing it. I can observe many things but on reflection although they feel like part of me or even foreign to me neither of them are me. When I am confused, I cannot differentiate who I am with what I do and who I do it with. Because of this confusion expands more and more, but when I return to my natural state of clarity I realize I am just observing. My natural state is peaceful. My personality and body can be in peace but they are never peaceful, because peace is not always part of their circumstances. As long as I observe this and discern this, I realize that I am not that. The moment I confuse this is the immediate moment I suffer the delusion of who I think and feel I am.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ancientthunder

Yeah I smoke weed too sometimes...

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Hudson69

that is another creative way of spending time.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Okay..........well I am glad that we got that all cleared up............

1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10.............And now chill and relax...................

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Is who you are, then, undifferentiated consciousness?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hudson69

That is why it's illegal homie, it makes you think....

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius2150

It opens the mind so you can step outside and see the mind.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

You could call it that, but that would to be a definition which may be right on some occasions and on others not. so that being the case better to define what you are not, what you are may not need to be defined. I have found that to define the indefinable leads to a lot of confusion. Because if I was to do that ,even if I was a genius and did a great job, every bodies understanding of it would vary and lead to even more confusion.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Dear ncientthunder,

All right, I can accept that. But if so, was the purpose of the OP anything other than to encourage people to think down unfamiliar paths? If so, the comments so far seem to indicate that it is not being entirely sucessful. Perhaps a few more signposts?

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Originally posted by Aquarius2150

It opens the mind so you can step outside and see the mind.

So lets see if I am reading your right, creation has created a substance that allows you to see creation as an observer. Now that is ultimate creativity! Or another way would be to say it opens a backdoor in your mind, to a space where mind as we know it is not and from that standpoint you can see without confusion.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Your post brought this video to mind.
The Quiet that Contains the Mind:
youtu.be...

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Its like when you're at the cinema and you get drawn into the movie, so much so you feel your part of the movie.
And you ride every car chase, feel every sad moment, you get angry at times and then your laughing and happy again.
And then the movie ends and you are just the observer.
Maybe, Life is like that. But the movie is still going.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by kudegras

great example !! at first its fun and then all of a sudden it not. Even worse you cant find the exit and gather perspective.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by kudegras

You are the audience. The rest is movie.
You can sit in peace and comfort and just watch.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
We are all spiritual children of our Heavenly Father, as well as earthy children of our mortal parents.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Janadele
We are all spiritual children of our Heavenly Father, as well as earthy children of our mortal parents.

You can be on earth experiencing Hell or you can be with the father experiencing the earth in Heaven.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ancientthunder
A personality identity is perceived but that is not what I really am, it is something that changes with time,circumstance and can be a useful tool at times and not so useful other times. But that is not what I am, it is what is created and I am able to observe it. It may seem to be temporarily me, but
in reality it is not me as I am observing it. I can observe many things but on reflection although they feel like part of me or even foreign to me neither of them are me. When I am confused, I cannot differentiate who I am with what I do and who I do it with. Because of this confusion expands more and more, but when I return to my natural state of clarity I realize I am just observing. My natural state is peaceful. My personality and body can be in peace but they are never peaceful, because peace is not always part of their circumstances. As long as I observe this and discern this, I realize that I am not that. The moment I confuse this is the immediate moment I suffer the delusion of who I think and feel I am.

Beautifully said.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by kudegras
Its like when you're at the cinema and you get drawn into the movie, so much so you feel your part of the movie.
And you ride every car chase, feel every sad moment, you get angry at times and then your laughing and happy again.
And then the movie ends and you are just the observer.
Maybe, Life is like that. But the movie is still going.

I know I've definitely felt like my life is one big movie that I'm the star of. It feels like it would be a B rated one most of the time too... Oh well.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

A personality identity is perceived but that is not what I really am

Of course not. Personality is what defines you, not what constitutes you.

it is something that changes with time, circumstance

All things evolve as time passes; they are born, they grow, they live, they mature, they age, they decay, they die, and they are recycled.

that is not what I am, it is what is created and I am able to observe it

You did not create all of it; much of it is genetic, inherited from your parents, grandparents, and ancestors. Other bits are influenced by your social circles, your work environment, your community, and familial values. Much of who and what you are is a product of other people, places, and things.

It may seem to be temporarily me, but in reality it is not me as I am observing it

It is exactly who you are. Why would you ever create something to define yourself, which is not yourself?

I can observe many things but on reflection although they feel like part of me or even foreign to me neither of them are me

We are all star-stuff at the end. The evolution of a star is the origin point of all existence; animate and inanimate; sentient and insentient. This would mean that you are the observer and the observation simultaneously.

When I am confused, I cannot differentiate who I am with what I do and who I do it with

I fail to believe this. This would mean that when you get confused, you believe yourself to be the action of taking a step, rather than a conscious personality. Or that when you're confused you perceive yourself to be the paint on the wall, rather than the individual creating the work on the canvas. I don't believe you have ever made such a mistake of identity as to believe you were the thing you did, as opposed to the one doing it.

when I return to my natural state of clarity I realize I am just observing

Wrong! Don't ever subject yourself to mere observation! Life is about the experience; living it, feeling it, breathing it, bleeding it, loving it, being it. The instant you step back and stop being inside the moment, and merely observe it, is the instant you stop being.

My natural state is peaceful

I am glad to hear this. There are many who's natural state is chaotic, or wrathful though. Please do not assume your personal internal journey speaks truths about so diverse and individualized a population as the human species on the whole.

My personality and body can be in peace but they are never peaceful, because peace is not always part of their circumstances

If you're seeking everlasting quietude and internal peace; try Buddhism. That is the goal of the Buddha: to stop the clinging to of hopes and desires, to still the mind and release one from the chain of dependent origination. Your body and mind can be brought to peace, eternal peace, through the teachings and disciplines of the Buddha. Start with meditation.

As long as I observe this and discern this, I realize that I am not that

Do you feed yourself? Do you drink? Do you use medicine (holistic, homeopathic, or pharmaceutical) when you are sick? Do you diet and eat healthy? Do you shower and clean yourself? If you answered any of these, then you know your previous statement to be false; as you perceive yourself to be the body, personality, and form enough to maintain it.

If it truly were not you, you would have no qualms about letting it deteriorate into nothingness.

The moment I confuse this is the immediate moment I suffer the delusion of who I think and feel I am

This is sophistry. There can be no confusion, because your consciousness, personality, psyche, Id, and ego are all tied together to your physical body. Body, mind, spirit, soul, astral form, and higher self are all intimately tied together; none may survive if all do not function on some level.

Do not discard the body, the ego, the personality. Why would you have developed them if they were not of vital importance?

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

That was absolutely beautiful to read!!

you wrote that yourself?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join