It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lightening kills Imam + 12, wounds 20 outside mosque after Ramadan prayer

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
If lightning strikes boaters, or golfers, or any other people who are out of doors do we have these types of inferences in our thoughts? No, We simply say that some folks got struck by lightning. Seeking to assign any significance to what is obviously a tragedy for some community of people is pointless.

Stuff happens. Stuff happens to everybody - regardless of creed, ilk, color, religion, etc. God or nature, if you prefer, is an equal opportunity killer.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
It was the 11th, I was commenting to my friend I hoped nothing would happen. Just horrible.

I just remembered I posted something on the numbers yesteray holding every day, and all numbers as love and goodness.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

6 777's and 2 9/11's in the numbers, and the numbers killed add up to 2 more 777's.
edit on 12-8-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
imho...God has created an ordered universe with natural forces that follow laws and patterns. it would be strange if no religious person ever got struck after leaving a house of worship. I'm sure its a once-in-a-lifetime event but rare still doesn't mean, never.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
There are a couple of posters who seem to have read-in to my OP that I feel this is amusing because the people hit are muslims. That is NOT the case. I think it is amusing in general, and I have stated such. I think that the situation would be ironic no matter the religion; Christian, Muslim, Jew or Buddhist.

Others have said that people get struck by lightening all over the world. This is true. However, they are normally in the open and it affects one person, or just a few in the immediate vicinity. This one hit 33 people, therefore, it is a bit out of the ordinary.

Then, to top it off, factor in the fact that the Imam is one of the dead and it was after a "special" prayer.

So, if you are of a religious mind, this seems rather interesting. It is interesting that such a large group of religious zealots was struck down by lightening, including their leader, immediately upon exiting their place of worship. While there are a lot of people in the world and anything can happen, this is odd no matter how you look at it.

And the irony is still amusing.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Then, to top it off, factor in the fact that the Imam is one of the dead and it was after a "special" prayer.

is it ok to say your thread has nothing to do with religion, then you say that?

i agree with the fact people get struck by lightning eveyday.wether its 1 person or 33 people.
edit on 12-8-2012 by Kino321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bakatono

lightening kills 13 outside mosque

[url=http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/A/AS_BANGLADESH_LIGHTNING?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2012-08-11-02-05-56]hosted.ap.org[/url ]

At least 13 devotees have been killed by lightning outside a mosque
in northeastern Bangladesh. Local police chief Bayes Ahmed says 20 other people were injured by
the lightning late Friday in Sylhet district. The victims were struck by
the lightning as they were exiting the mosque following special prayers
tied to the holy month of Ramadan. (AP)

One one of the dead is the imam who gave the sermon.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 12-8-2012 by Bakatono because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-8-2012 by Bakatono because: (no reason given)

It's lightning, not lightening. And there are plenty more muslims where they came from. unless that was Zeus's warning shot and the real wrath is yet to come. (Yay Zeus!)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kino321

is it ok to say your thread has nothing to do with religion, then you say that?

The human mind is fascinating in its ability to ignore what is right in front of a person and enable them to see only what they want to see.

I never said it had "nothing to do with religion", nor did I say that it did have something to do with religion. I merely said it was ironic because of the fact that it happened to a religious group after their special prayer. I also stated that it would be ironic no matter what religion it was.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
So, we have 33 victims??? Yesterday? A day before Closing Ceremonies??? If this is another calling card, what does this do for them? How do they use this type of energy to further their cause??? Does it give them special powers? "Them" as in: "elite", "PTB", "whoever is running the show".

I wonder if they are working the same principles, as those that Praise and Worship God? Satan did tempt Jesus and offer HIM the world!

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SpittinTruth

Huh? What does this have to do with the opening ceremonies? You lost me there...

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
For those that are critical of my posts because you interpret this to mean I find it amusing because it happened to muslims (that is not the case at all) ask yourselves; what would YOUR opinions be if it happened to members of say, the westboro baptist church? A radical christian group. I wager most of your opinions would be different.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Bakatono

While I don't feel I was being critical at all... I will say that if lightning strikes anybody - regardless of who they are, I'd feel the same way. I'd feel compassion for their friends, loved ones, and community - and I'd reiterate that things like this happen. It's just part of life.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
The religious persecution is strong in this thread and I as a believer of the lord and savior stand with the op in saying this is a little to placed to be a coincedental lightening strike.

Atheist remember its just as ignorant to have faith in nothing as to have faith in something.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Quite frankly, I'm disgusted with this entire thread!

I have never seen so many childish one-liner posts!

Would you all be laughing it were a group of Christians, Jews, Sikhs, etc?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Shaiker

Au Contraire.

As an atheist, one rejects the idea of god and thus, the idea of religion itself.

Where's the ignorance if "God" cannot be proven?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by VaterOrlaag
reply to post by Shaiker

Au Contraire.

As an atheist, one rejects the idea of god and thus, the idea of religion itself.

Where's the ignorance if "God" cannot be proven?

Can you prove he doesnt? I have faith he does exist do you have substantial evidence we primitive beings on a insignifigant planet in an insignifigant solar system have proof a higher power does not exist or is it faith?
The same earthlings had scientific evidence that the earth was flat 500 just 500 years ago. Get real its impossible for a higher power not to exist. You think the universe banged from nothing. It had to start somewhere. Deny ignorance!!

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Yes they would laugh harder if it were christians im sure gauging the amount of religious persecution throughout ATS.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Bakatono

Are you aware of the chances of 1 person being hit by lightning, let alone 13?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

let's all laugh at dead people

In nature, death is perfectly normal and part of life. Were the ones that take something perfectly natural and add "sad" and "somber" to it.

I find death to be the ultimate joke. Many times, just as someone figures out life or is close to accomplishing a big goal, death strikes. I find it funny overall. I embrace death as a close and near friend i too will meet one day.

I find the death of those folks rather comical and ironic. Holy folks who think their way is the only way walk out of a prayer service and are struck dead.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

yup , its just so funny

2nd

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Shaiker

History shows that Christians are persecutors, not the persecuted.

And this still holds true in this day and age.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join