It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Pride!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I look at all you Americans and feel so horrible for you! This country compared to the rest is such a great country and you take it for advantage! Yeah we have our weak moments, but what country doesn't???? Yes, you can live in China and be a slave to the government, but whatever, go there. Nobody cares if your working 12 hours a day making IPADS, that government doesn't care about the people!!

We won the Olympics, we landed on Mars, this is enough to add to our wonderful country! I feel like on this forums i'm on the only Patriot left! This is the best country in the world, and holding your expectations higher than they need to be only makes your ignorant.

Compare us to the rest of the world. Few countries come close to the standard of living. Our Economy is slowing, compared to who? China? They slave there citizens to factories for cheaper labor. OUR government sticks up for us for more wages, give them a HAND!! It's so sad i'm 21 and you older people don't even figure the picture out...

Lets be honest, our government may not be the best, but they not only do what they do for themselves, but also us.... I will tell you now on, no country will flourish at all, it's all about being the last one with resources and that's what where doing. Shame on you fellow Americans!

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
screw pride for a country with borders . i would rather support human pride for our whole race but we really dont deseve to be proud as a race for where we are at this point in our history.

why are you proud of america? because of the national debt? because we rank like 26th in education in the world?
because our infant mortality rate is disgusting? because we use more oil than anyone in this world?

what makes you so proud to be american? do you live here? we are aszholes to each other and racist towards each other and hateful to each other.

this country is like one great big dysfunctinal and divided imbred family.
edit on 12-8-2012 by elitegamer23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Why do these crap, anti or pro this or that country keep popping up? All youre doing is inviting an argument and you know it.
edit on 12-8-2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by elitegamer23

I don't know where you live, but I live in center Wisconsin and everybody is so nice to each other like many communities around America... Maybe your hatred comes from your own community...

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by EmperorXyn

Why would I be proud of my country, when my government, treats returning veterans as terrorists upon them returning home?

Why would I be proud of my country, when my government has treated us as cattle so that their corporate handouts keep landing in their bank accounts?

Why would I be proud of my country, when certain citizens have more rights than others?

The list can go on, but just to give you a few examples........

You won't find any cheerleader here..

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Also home to:

The Ruby Ridge Massacre
The WACO incident
The Massacre of Jones Town
MKUltra, Atichoke, Niomi, Often, etc etc
Echelon
9/11
Monsanto
Blackwater
Halliburton
Skull & Bones
The Bush Family
Rex 84

Shall I continue...?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
All youre doing is inviting an argument and you know it.
edit on 12-8-2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

that seems to be ats anymore. it used to be mostly nothing but deep thinking discussion between people even when they strongly disagreed.

now its just anger towards one another, arguments, trolling, political flame wars, and misinfo.

its a shame really.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by EmperorXyn

I applad your attempt to look at the positive atributes of America.

Unfortunately, you'll be getting flamed and spammed like never before because of the rabid anti-americans on this site.

Feel free to criticise, but the hate?

Irrational.

Back to the positive, though. There are countless things that make America stand out.

The giving/charatible nature of Americans.
Our (sometimes naive) view of the world.
Our sense of exploration.
Our optimism.

Good luck, OP. S&F
edit on 12-8-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by EmperorXyn
reply to post by Juggernog

I am inviting an argument. To the stupid people who live in America.

name calling is such an ignorant thing.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I look at all you Americans and feel so horrible for you! This country compared to the rest is such a great country and you take it for advantage! Yeah we have our weak moments, but what country doesn't???? Yes, you can live in China and be a slave to the government, but whatever, go there. Nobody cares if your working 12 hours a day making IPADS, that government doesn't care about the people!!

I assume you mean in the same way you can work the same hours in the US, and get even less from your government than the Chinese? That´s the honest truth.

We won the Olympics, we landed on Mars, this is enough to add to our wonderful country! I feel like on this forums i'm on the only Patriot left! This is the best country in the world, and holding your expectations higher than they need to be only makes your ignorant.

The US is not the best country in the world, far, far from it. You rank lower than most other western countries, certainly lower than most EU countries in every single respect. Your government actions are completely immoral, and your country rides roughshod over the world in its endless quest for resources, at the expense of the lives of others.

In any other country, such abuse of peoples and resources would be abhorred and protested, but not in the US.

Compare us to the rest of the world. Few countries come close to the standard of living. Our Economy is slowing, compared to who? China? They slave there citizens to factories for cheaper labor. OUR government sticks up for us for more wages, give them a HAND!! It's so sad i'm 21 and you older people don't even figure the picture out...

What a load of rubbish. You rank lower than most other western countries in every respect, from healthcare, and education, right the way down to workers rights and human rights.

You are 21, you are young, and clearly badly misinformed about the rest of the world. I hope you will see just how misinformed you actually are.

Lets be honest, our government may not be the best, but they not only do what they do for themselves, but also us.... I will tell you now on, no country will flourish at all, it's all about being the last one with resources and that's what where doing. Shame on you fellow Americans!

At the cost of the lives of countless thousands of innocent people, you are putting your name to these crimes. This is something most normal populations shy away from, but the US Population is the only one to see no wrong in abusing the world. The US has ruined the world, morally, financially and in terms of resources. Just look at the EU. The EU has more than 100,000,000 people more than you, yet they rank much higher in terms of environmentalism, quality of life, workers rights, healthcare and education. As much as I dislike the EU, they must be doing something right.

Wake up and smell the coffee, the US is no longer top dog, it has been overtaken, and the only people to blame are yourselves.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

If I remember right, we have alot of organizations that stick up for returning Vets.

Why would I be proud of my country, when my government has treated us as cattle so that their corporate handouts keep landing in their bank accounts?

Well, we are citizens for a reason? Why arn't you government? Too stupid?

Why would I be proud of my country, when certain citizens have more rights than others??
Well umm, simply untrue around where I live, maybe you should be more involved with your community instead of sitting on a computer.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

reply to post by elitegamer23

I don't know where you live, but I live in center Wisconsin and everybody is so nice to each other like many communities around America... Maybe your hatred comes from your own community...

what city do you live in? id like to know the makeup of your community.
its amazing to think that somewhere in america everyone gets along.

btw you say everybody is so nice in your community but one of your replies in this thread was you are inviting arguement from stupid americans.

is it nice to call people stupid? thanks for not being an outstanding member of your community. just because people dont agree with you that doesnt make them stupid.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Note: personal attacks in this thread will not be tolerated.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I live in Manitowoc Wisconsin.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

That explains it. You will never experience the world, but let me give you a tip. Cross the northern border into Canada, and see how much nicer foreign countries are.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

that is a very very white town you live in. you cant possibly tell me all the white people love the small black or asian population in your town.

i live in america , i see everyday how we are rude and hateful towards each other.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
By the way, I call people stupid Americans cause they don't see how the rest of the world has to live, but yet, people complain how we don't have enough money. Yet theres people starving down south, to the east to the west. it's so sad to see what it's come to.

Mexicans have taken my farm jobs down the road, I work with alot of Asians... It's not something you get worked up about down here.
edit on 12-8-2012 by EmperorXyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

By the way, I call people stupid Americans cause they don't see how the rest of the world has to live, but yet, people complain how we don't have enough money. Yet theres people starving down south, to the east to the west. it's so sad to see what it's come to.

that is what happens when .01% of the world control the other 99.99 percent.

we have people starving in america everyday, it even happens in your hometown in wisconsin.

i think 1 in 7 children in the country dont get enough to eat everyday.
that isnt something to be proud of in the supposed greatest country ever to rule the earth.

these are freaking kids im talking about, in america.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
My response to this has already been put very eloquently...and here it is.

We have hope for our nation, but it is currently falling apart.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join