It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Pride!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by binkman

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by beezzer
There are countless things that make America stand out.
The giving/charatible nature of Americans.
Our (sometimes naive) view of the world.
Our sense of exploration.
Our optimism.

I agree. I enjoy visiting the States, I enjoy Americans in their homeland and I enjoy hosting them here in the Great Pink North. They are not defined by their government.

Yes they are.

Really? how much time have you spent in the U.S.?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Some of us have so much pride in America, we actually go so far as to question things, to bring problems to light so that they be criticized and hopefully changed for the good.

I know, incredibly alien concept, right?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
There are countless things that make America stand out.
The giving/charatible nature of Americans.
Our (sometimes naive) view of the world.
Our sense of exploration.
Our optimism.

I agree. I enjoy visiting the States, I enjoy Americans in their homeland and I enjoy hosting them here in the Great Pink North. They are not defined by their government.

Yes they are.

Really? how much time have you spent in the U.S.?

2 weeks,

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Your list of "American Inventions" is not accurate. I have just had a quick look and here are 2 that the Americans didn't invent:-

Radio:-

en.wikipedia.org...

The Microwave oven only woks because of the British invention of the magnetron:-

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
theres people that will ride for hours in a box with no food & water to get in America,i dont see anybody wanting to be smuggled into any other country ....
God Bless AMERICA is fighting words, makes them mad..
only in the land of the free can someone from another country come in on visa & raise there family..
the rich go to college the poor go to work...im working my butt off so somebody from another country can come over to the land of opertunity use a visa and sell me gas for my truck....
Only in America...
my bumper sticker says: let them hate as long as they fear to..

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by madenusa

Who are you?

Are you Caligula??????

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Im homegrown country no color no race just plane American Pride
use visa say what you want because you can.
just dont treed on me.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

theres people that will ride for hours in a box with no food & water to get in America,i dont see anybody wanting to be smuggled into any other country ....

Then either you are blind, or you have no idea about the existence of Calais and the massive immigrant camps, and the nearly endless streams of people jumping out of and from underneath trucks to get into the UK. Then thereś the folk who try and walk through the Eurotunnel. It never goes well.

God Bless AMERICA is fighting words, makes them mad..

It makes us laugh, because it reminds us that your country is still tied to backwards superstitions.

only in the land of the free can someone from another country come in on visa & raise there family..

Because no other country operates Visa systems, or immigration services. Interesting point to note, between 2004 and 2008, 45 US Americans applied for political asylum in the UK. All were turned away at the border.

www.asylumist.com...

the rich go to college the poor go to work...im working my butt off so somebody from another country can come over to the land of opertunity use a visa and sell me gas for my truck....

Again, the US is not the only place to have colleges and poor people who work. I know that is a surprise, right?

Only in America...

Nobody fears you.
edit on 12-8-2012 by binkman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by binkman

i thought this was American pride sounds like the anti-American thread.
i say what i want to say, do what i want to do...& proud to be American...let them hate our government talks softly.
our war dogs fear only God.no other..
my kid fought in iraq so others could party in college.
God Bless The USA !!!

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

reply to post by binkman

i say what i want to say, do what i want to do...& proud to be American...let them hate our government talks softly.
God Bless The USA !!!

Congratulations on your son being a petrodollar warrior. Must make you so proud that he is serving the big corporate greed.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by binkman

he came back a Marine , nothing to show for it.im proud he chose his own way and had the freedom to choose what he wants to do..
American Pride is what you make it.
good luck with your life im going fishing

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
So proud of some of some of you people. Some of you, not so much.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

reply to post by binkman

God Bless The USA !!!

Congratulations on your son being a petrodollar warrior. Must make you so proud that he is serving the big corporate greed.

be nice his boy saved us from iraqs WMD!

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by EmperorXyn

I am very proud of my country. I am just sick of the band of fake phony non serving pot belly , beer guzzling trash running around calling themselves patriots and obsessing over owning guns. When I look at the world view of America, I can't help but notice that the negative sentiment we get comes as a direct result of the foolish wanna be cowboy poser militias with their flags running around our nation. So maybe if we get rid of them, we will have a wonderful nation. One that the whole wide world looks up to .

edit on 12-8-2012 by skepticconwatcher because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-8-2012 by skepticconwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23

screw pride for a country with borders . i would rather support human pride for our whole race but we really dont deseve to be proud as a race for where we are at this point in our history.

why are you proud of america? because of the national debt? because we rank like 26th in education in the world?
because our infant mortality rate is disgusting? because we use more oil than anyone in this world?

what makes you so proud to be american? do you live here? we are aszholes to each other and racist towards each other and hateful to each other.

this country is like one great big dysfunctinal and divided imbred family.
edit on 12-8-2012 by elitegamer23 because: (no reason given)

I would like to know what country isn't " great big dysfunctinal and divided imbred family."?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

I will tell you now on, no country will flourish at all, it's all about being the last one with resources and that's what where doing. Shame on you fellow Americans!

It's so sad i'm 21 and you older people don't even figure the picture out...

your so wise.

I know! you should explain this to the very proud American veterans who served in the United States Military who know that their own government is corrupt. That should get their attention right wise one?

Give our government a HAND? you cannot be serious......its the people that fought for these rights!

Give a hand to those people who have fought and demanded these wages from those corrupted government officials.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by EmperorXyn
So proud of some of some of you people. Some of you, not so much.

i have my own American pride its what you make it.
i dont need anyone to be proud of me...
i work for what i have.
when the giant eats all the goldn eggs & cant get anymore i feel sorry for the ones that are left.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by truejew
Even though evil has it's controlling hand upon the US, we do still have many things better than most other places. I do see a problem in becoming prideful about it. Pride always comes before the fall.

You took the words out of my mouth.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Happens all the time here in Australia. It's a huge political issue.

We have a huge migrant population.

the rich go to college the poor go to work

Same here although here you can get interest free government loans to help pay for university that is paid back once a certain level of income is achieved.

Only in America...

No. More common than you think.

I don't hate any countries citizens. Just thought I would point out those errors.
edit on 12-8-2012 by aaron2209 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-8-2012 by aaron2209 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join