It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A problem With Reincarnation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
There is one big problem I have with reincarnation.

There are a lot of claims from people claiming to be the reincarnation of a famous dead celebrity. For instance, the most recent claim is by a Scottish singer named Sherrie Lea Laird. I haven't heard her sing yet. Another model Hungarian model named Zsuzsanna in 1999 claimed it too as well as 28-year-old Englishman, shop assistant Chris Vicens, just to name a few.

Source:

www.paranormalreview.com...

The thing is, other people claim to be the reincarnation of Marilyn Monroe.

So this raises certain questions. Isn't reincarnation supposed to be one soul for one person? Because I don't see how so many can claim to be reincarnated from her, from just one soul.

And that's a big problem.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Obviously over many life times some will be more eventful than others, its all about perspective. Now how the soul matrix moves from this reality to the next really fasinates me. How is this achieved?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

This just proves there are a lot of claims about reincarnation.
Just because there are phony claims about something doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

There's a whole industry around reincarnation, and most of it is misleading and more religious money-making.
Relatively few people remember their previous lives, especially after childhood.

Similarly, just because some homeless person tells me he's a good friend of Madonna, or he's Jesus, or wrote Bohemian Rhapsody for Queen doesn't mean his claims are real.

edit on 12-8-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I think those are all instances of BS reincarnation.

I do believe there are real instances out there though.
edit on 12-8-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

There is only one soul and it looks out of all eyes.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

exactly. The tibetans believe that different aspects of a soul can be reincarnated into different bodies. Not sure but it may take a master to do this. Anyone help with this?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mike.Ockizard

exactly. The tibetans believe that different aspects of a soul can be reincarnated into different bodies. Not sure but it may take a master to do this. Anyone help with this?

When you find what is seeing out of your eyes you will know what is seeing out of all eyes.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Reincarnation makes sense to ME.

Im not religious per say however Im very spiritual by nature.

I believe many life times occur for one soul to " get it right".

Over time there occurs a need to not incarnate because the soul has evolved to the perfection it desires.

In my view, it appears Jesus being the son of man (adam) has evolved to the perfected state and this is why so many people find him being " the way". This again is a sample of my view, from where I stand, and what ive researched and studied over the years, however Im not saying Im right... To the point of arguing over opinions.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Wisdom.
2nd line.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I agree with MamaJ on this one....

as for people claiming to be the reincarnation of Queen Elizabeth I, or Einstein, or anyone famous, who am I to say they are not? OTOH, it feels to me that it's an ego thing to want to have been someone "important" or "special"....

my belief is that most of us reincarnate as work-a-day folks, in regular families, with our private lessons to learn. Perhaps in a different culture, or socio-economic class, or country, but I do believe we reincarnate in "groups", and come across one another with regularity (all lifetimes considered).

This is, I think, why from time to time we make eye contact with someone and there's a sort of goose-flesh, hair-raising recognition. That person may very well be a reincarnation of a previous lifetime's "supporter" or "lover" or "enemy". We have unfinished business with some souls, and we have things to teach or offer others. That is my belief.

The Einsteins and Jesuses, the ones we know from history to be extraordinary thinkers and leaders, are examples of the perfected souls that choose to return (whether they remember it or not)...

Interesting thread! S/F

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

So, aside from some obvious, how do you know it's real reincarnation and not just bs?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I've no proof, just GUT feeling

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

I once had a dream that I was a middle aged woman, living in the suberbs of Turkey, hosting a birthday party for my young daughter, who was asleep on her daybed. I was about to get the cake and wake her up, when I saw a 4 door, black SUV pull up. 5 men dressed in black with hoods and assault rifles jumped out and ran toward my house.

I screamed to my sister to get the kids out, and grabbed my still sleeping daughter and threw her out the back door. At that very instant, I was pulled back into the house. I was beaten and raped in the most horrific way and then tied to a kitchen chair. A man point his rifle at my head and told me "This is your lucky day. Your going to die!"

He put a grenade in my mouth and they all ran, like cowards, out the front door. The explosion woke me up and I found myself safe and comfortable in my home on Maui. The first thing I did was look at my hands to check that I was really awake and alive. I couldn't believe that I was me, and alive.

I know that this incident really happened because, I was watching Oprah years later, and she featured a journalist who described the very scene that I had seen. The journalist said that the woman's teeth were embedded in the stove.

I think that the "universe" provides witnesses and assistance to abhorrent acts, that are too difficult for one to bear alone.

Giant social figures, I believe, get a lot of astral attention and empathy that challenges our known reality, but it doesn't mean that we don't exist astrally, as well as in linear present time.

I had another dream that I was in 1686 France. My daughter was beheaded, and when her head hit the floor, I passed out. I sat straight up in my bed, in 1986, Maui, and looked around and looked at my hands to make sure I was alive and awake! Then I laid back down and went to sleep.

In my dream, I awoke to find a group of my people standing over me, still laying flat on my back, asking me if I was okay. I asked "What year is it?." "!686." they told me.

I was disappointed to be there, but knew I had a better life, with my daughter, waiting for me 1986, because, in my dream I "remembered" my future life as me, "Windword."

edit on 12-8-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I have always wondered about certain aspects of reincarnation as well. Mainly the fact of, if we forget each of our past lives how do we ever have a concious moment? How come I did not live through events in the past when I clearly have lived through them in the present and I remember past situations in the present life? Would that mean I am either at the beginning or end of my soul cycle?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

I once had a dream that I was a middle aged woman, living in the suberbs of Turkey, hosting a birthday party for my young daughter, who was asleep on her daybed. I was about to get the cake and wake her up, when I saw a 4 door, black SUV pull up. 5 men dressed in black with hoods and assault rifles jumped out and ran toward my house.

I screamed to my sister to get the kids out, and grabbed my still sleeping daughter and threw her out the back door. At that very instant, I was pulled back into the house. I was beaten and raped in the most horrific way and then tied to a kitchen chair. A man point his rifle at my head and told me "This is your lucky day. Your going to die!"

He put a grenade in my mouth and they all ran, like cowards, out the front door. The explosion woke me up and I found myself safe and comfortable in my home on Maui. The first thing I did was look at my hands to check that I was really awake and alive. I couldn't believe that I was me, and alive.

I know that this incident really happened because, I was watching Oprah years later, and she featured a journalist who described the very scene that I had seen. The journalist said that the woman's teeth were embedded in the stove.

I think that the "universe" provides witnesses and assistance to abhorrent acts, that are too difficult for one to bear alone.

Giant social figures, I believe, get a lot of astral attention and empathy that challenges our known reality, but it doesn't mean that we don't exist astrally, as well as in linear present time.

I had another dream that I was in 1686 France. My daughter was beheaded, and when her head hit the floor, I passed out. I sat straight up in my bed, in 1986, Maui, and looked around and looked at my hands to make sure I was alive and awake! Then I laid back down and went to sleep.

In my dream, I awoke to find a group of my people standing over me, still laying flat on my back, asking me if I was okay. I asked "What year is it?." "!686." they told me.

I was disappointed to be there, but knew I had a better life, with my daughter, waiting for me 1986, because, in my dream I "remembered" my future life as me, "Windword."

edit on 12-8-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

WOW! Thats mind blowing!

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
There's a level of group soul according to the Rosicrucians and others, but a lot of time, with the phenomenon to which the OP is referring is just people coming from their ego rather than any real connection to a past life.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Yeah, I think you and I both agree on reincarnation being a type of lesson within a group as if we are continuously helping one another strive for the goals we set before inhabiting the body.

Its definitely fun to think about and pondering the possibilities are endless!

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
There is one big problem I have with reincarnation.

There are a lot of claims from people claiming to be the reincarnation of a famous dead celebrity. For instance, the most recent claim is by a Scottish singer named Sherrie Lea Laird. I haven't heard her sing yet. Another model Hungarian model named Zsuzsanna in 1999 claimed it too as well as 28-year-old Englishman, shop assistant Chris Vicens, just to name a few.

Source:

www.paranormalreview.com...

The thing is, other people claim to be the reincarnation of Marilyn Monroe.

So this raises certain questions. Isn't reincarnation supposed to be one soul for one person? Because I don't see how so many can claim to be reincarnated from her, from just one soul.

And that's a big problem.

One time just for fun I clicked on a link that was going to tell my fortune by telling me who I was in a past life. It said that I was a math teacher in ancient Thailand and asked me if I remembered that.

The problems with this was 1: I have severe Dyscalculia and cannot do math. 2: If I were in ancient Thailand I would know it as Siam, one of the original names for it. If I lived then, Thailand would not be what I knew it as.

One of the teachings about reincarnation from the New Age perspective, you are going to express something that you were supposedly able to do then or have memories of that time.

But I will say this, our DNA carries memories and we do make connections to our ancestors through that. One of the most interesting things about memories are this, when a significant event happens the chemical processes in our brain sears that into our brains and cells, including the DNA. Our "memories" may not be ours, but expressed through DNA. If you have ever talked to people who study genealogy and have had ancestry DNA testing done, there is always something they connect to from the past of their ancestors. This leads to cultural identity. Many times I have heard someone say they felt connected to a certain place. That is because their DNA expression has been carried into them.

My brother had his Ancestry DNA tested and we have the results. He feels connected to ancient Romania and thinks we are related to Vlad Tepes in some way. Is he reincarnated? No, it is his DNA expression. He is expressing memories from that time. I, however, do not feel in any way connected to ancient Romania, but more toward Turkish Jews. One sister feels connected to Ancient Ireland. There are nine children in our family and each one of us feel connected to something else. The DNA test showed matches in all the places that we feel. We are simply expressing memories contained in our DNA.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

Genetic memory does occur, it's why we are drawn to certain things of familiarity. It's why i believe that people who can believe in Jesus is because we are the lost sheep of Israel. Israel was the northern Kingdom of the 10 Lost Tribes flung across the 4 corners of the earth in the Diaspora. Israel in the Tenach is also known as Ephraim. Some part of us is open to Him whereas in other's they are closed off. Millions of would be believers just waiting to hear the news of their Messiah who will believe upon hearing.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Actually, if you read the literature on reincarnation, the vast majority of cases are of people who are in way famous. They report mundane, even dull lives. It's just that you pay more attention to the more sensationalistic stories.

Also, I believe reincarnation is completely misunderstood. Just because you have a dream of being someone else doe snot mean you are their reincarnation. I once read of a lady who reported being in Egypt and having a haughty attitude. Suddenly she realized "she" was a cat in a previous life. The conclusion doesn't fit. Even if you did zap into the consciousness of a cat while in an altered state, thet does not mean that you were that cat. It doesn't even mean ther really was a cat. It could be your subconscious playing a little game with you.

Further, reincarnation does not mean that YOU, personally, come back in another body. There is a lot of information out there that would suggest and "oversoul" kind of approach where you move to the next level and send out "aspects" of yourself to build you own repitoir, so to speak. When those aspects pass on they, in turn, take the oversoul position, thus you move ever upwards. This is the approach taken by the Jane Roberts "Seth" books.

Whether any of this is true, I don't know. The point is that reincarnation may be somewhat different than the common view of it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join