It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US President Meeting with the Taliban

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

en.wikipedia.org...

Although there isn't any evidence that the CIA directly supported the Taliban or Al Qaeda, some basis for military support of the Taliban was provided when, in the early 1980s, the CIA and the ISI (Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence agency) provided arms to Afghans resisting the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan, and the ISI assisted the process of gathering radical Muslims from around the world to fight against the Soviets.[9] Osama Bin Laden was one of the key players in organizing training camps for the foreign Arab volunteers, although his organization, Maktab al-Khidamat, was exclusively Saudi funded. The U.S. poured funds and arms into Afghanistan, and "by 1987, 65,000 tons of U.S.-made weapons and ammunition a year were entering the war."

No one is denying ISI involvement, but I am also stating US involvement and the picture is the final nail in the coffin of what we have been stating.
edit on 033131p://8America/ChicagoSat, 11 Aug 2012 15:09:23 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

You know your quote there from wiki just shoots your own theory down.

The Taliban are native Pashtuns and the muhajdeen were Islamic radicals from around the world.
edit on 11-8-2012 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

If I renamed you Kelly, does that mean you are a new person?

And if I showed you a picture of me dressed as a Arab would that make me Taliban.

Because that’s all you have is a picture of a bunch of Arabs sitting with Regan they could be pretty much anyone, yet you have just gone with the “They are Taliban” line without even taking into account the fact that the Taliban never even existed back then.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

No but renaming a person does not make them different. The Taliban has some mujahedin in them and the mujahedin were funded by the USA.

You do know who Bin laden worked with right?
edit on 033131p://8America/ChicagoSat, 11 Aug 2012 15:11:38 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

No but renaming a person does not make them different. The Taliban has some mujahedin in them and the mujahedin were funded by the USA.

But your stating that those with Reagan, ARE Taliban.

Proof please............other then a picture.

link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

muhajdeen were Islamic radicals from around the world.

So this is a US President sitting down with Islamic radicals is that correct?

link   

To be honest I never even bothered to read anything after the first line of your quote there form wiki. This line says it all

Although there isn't any evidence that the CIA directly supported the Taliban or Al Qaeda,

Yet despite that you still insist on using that wiki link as proof to your claims about Regan meeting the Taliban.

That is just flat out funny.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

The Taliban has some mujahedin in them and the mujahedin were funded by the USA.

Accuracy would be that the Mujhadeen had some members who were Pashtun.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Although there

It says there is not direct evidence, but all the US arms funding proves it indirectly

then it goes on to say:

some basis for military support of the Taliban was provided when, in the early 1980s, the CIA and the ISI

edit on 033131p://8America/ChicagoSat, 11 Aug 2012 15:15:30 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

No that is the US president sitting down with Arabs. I don't see any name tags or country of origin on their clothing stating "we are anything." It's a group of people sitting around with no context or descriptors other than a weak quote that even you with your agenda admit may not be accurate or have anything to do with the picture.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Yes, the Taliban, Al-CIAduh, Bin Laden, all US creations....

What is your point?

The Muslim Brotherhood has close ties to the current administration as well...I think that link is much more important than who Reagan invited to the WH.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Or is it a group of arabs sitting down with a white person? Dude it was the Afghanistan mujaheddin, who have in them now Taliban elements, get over it.

y name tags or country of origin on their clothing stating "we are anything."

I don't see any name tags on that white person in a black suit in the center. Who is he?

I don't see any name tags or country of origin on their clothing stating "we are anything."

They look native Chinese to me, what do you think?
edit on 033131p://8America/ChicagoSat, 11 Aug 2012 15:21:03 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Maulvi Yunis Khalis, a warrior as well as a writer, was head of the Peshawar-based Afghan Mujahideen Alliance at the time and was, therefore, heading the delegation to the US. Others accompanying him on the visit were Prof Burhanuddin Rabbani, Prof Sebghatullah Mojadeddi, Pir Sayed Ahmad Gailani, Maulvi Mohammad Nabi Mohammadi and other lesser-ranked mujahideen leaders and commanders. It was during this White House meeting that President Reagan referred to the Afghan mujahideen as freedom fighters. He remarked that the Afghan mujahideen leaders were equivalent of the great Americans who founded and liberated America. After this meeting, the US assistance to the Afghan mujahideen was increased to enable them to put up a better fight against the Soviet occupying forces in Afghanistan.

Khalis, not Haqqani, was photographed with Reagan

Do some Homework......

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by GAOTU789

No as a matter of fact they aren't the same people. Not even close but please, don't let facts stand in the way of your agenda.

Don't let them stand in the way of your agenda either huh?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

The afghan Mujahedeen of the 1980’s, a group of Afghans funded by Pakistan trough America and Saudi Arabia to fight the Soviets.

The Taliban before 9/11, a rag tag group of people who sought to bring peace to their country that was engulfed in civil war who grow form strength to strength throughout the 1990’s with the ISI’s help form a small group of fighters in Kandahar province.

Taliban after 9/11 a terrorist organisation that has been fighting in Afghanistan and Pakistan against American forces occupying Afghanistan.

That is a very simple explanation of the difference between the Mujahedeen and the Taliban learn it.

edit on 11-8-2012 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by GAOTU789
Historical accuracy isn't that important eh?

The Taliban as an entity weren't in existence in 1985. They came about as an orginazied entity after the Soviets left.

edit on 11-8-2012 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

the USA funded the mujaheddin and many of those arms and training made its way to the Taliban. how is that for historical accuracy.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

So if these "gentlemen" are really Taliban/mujihadeen, please post your source in it's original context. I want to see the picture from when it was originally taken and the description that states who these guys are and what business is being discussed between them and the former president.

So what's your source? Is it credible? And where can I get information on it?

Edit to add: Okay since you wouldn't provide it, I found a youtube video ( 30 secs) of him actually meeting with these men and one woman. Here it is LINK

Still there is the issue of whether it can be proven that the Mujahideen are the Taliban as you claim and if almost 30 years later this is relevant. This meeting was about Soviet atrocities against the Afghanis in their country, not some devious plan being discussed to one day plan one of the greatest attacks against Americans.

I have many questions reguarding the official story of 9/11 and I don't believe the official story, but I am not going to go as far to say that the US has a long history of working with terrorists and "here's the proof", using the picture in your OP. Is our governement shady, YEP. Do I think those in power are capable of evil attrocities, YEP. But just to go off your picture and say here's the proof, NOPE.
edit on 11-8-2012 by watchdog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
The facts remain that the US ARE helping the Taliban grow Opium, and that Reagan the Bush family do HAVE connections to the Bin Ladins and the Taliban and that connection is the Drug Trade.

Afghanistan is the biggest grower and supplier of opium and thats why we are there guarding the fields

I hope this helps.

Here's a youtube vid for you.

What a wonderful world, Hey?

Here's a quote from this link.

publicintelligence.net...

Instead, they describe how troops “patrol” through and around the fields. In one instance, a US soldier even seems to be even helping with cultivation. In a recent report from Geraldo Rivera which aired in late April on Fox News, a USMC Lt. Col. indicated that US forces encourage the Aghans to grow different crops, however, out of fear of losing stability poppy cultivation is tolerated and even supported. In November 2009, the Afghan Minister of Counter Narcotics

And heres another quote from another link.

Afghanistan has been the greatest illicit opium producer in the entire world, ahead of Burma (Myanmar) and the "Golden Triangle" since 1992, excluding the year 2001.[1] Afghanistan is the main producer of opium in the "Golden Crescent". Opium production in Afghanistan has been on the rise since U.S. occupation started in 2001

Link.
en.wikipedia.org...

Here's another quote

Afghanistan is, by far, the largest grower and exporter of opium in the world today, cultivating a 92 percent market share of the global opium trade. But what may shock many is the fact that the US military has been specifically tasked with guarding Afghan poppy fields

Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...
and heres the link
www.naturalnews.com...

Here's somemore photo's and another link for ya to show that the USA are protecting the Afghan Opium Trade.

The Last Crusade
Hey, guys, don’t pick the poppies.

That’s the order from the Obama Administration to the 4,000 Marines presently engaged in Operation Khanjar or “Strike of the Sword,” an invasion of the Taliban infested Helmand Province in southern Afghanistan.

The Marines of Bravo’s Company 1st Platoon sleep beside groves of poppies Troops of the 2nd Platoon walk through the fields on strict orders not to swat the heavy opium bulbs.

Link www.canadafreepress.com...

The fact remains the US created the taliban and created the so called war on terror just so they could both make money from the trading of OPIUM.

The US are to blame for our modern day wars.
And these wars arent fought for freedom, they are fought for drugs and the control of all of us.

edit on 11-8-2012 by WozaMeathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Oh I know who is in the picture because that picture is rather famous. The fact that you don't know and wrongly call them Taliban shows nothing more than your agenda. It must be awful to reside in a country you hate so much eh? The picture is of a meeting that took place between Reagan and the Mujhadeen of the time. I also know where the quote came from but sorry son, you don't get any freebies from me. Watching zealots twist as history and fact from people with critical thinking skills and objectivity take apart flimsy agruments makes me smile.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

It was from the Nicaragua situation, I have forgotten more history than you have ever known my friend. Plus you have not provided proof that is actually Regan in the picture I posted. It looks like him, but is it really him.
edit on 033131p://8America/ChicagoSat, 11 Aug 2012 15:35:50 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join