It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

wow, what does the USPS know that we should know?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

wt??

this just isn't right. I know they are about to close down alot, if not most P.O.'s in the rural communities but man, what?
someone p[lease hoax this for me. I gotta believe this isn't an actual stamp. This is too blatant an image knowing it comes from the USPS website.
I guess forever is a subjective term?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by manna2

Doesn't hurt my feelings at all. It's true - most of that # didn't even last 300 years.... let alone "forever"..

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Wow that really is um disheartening.

I really hope that is just a bad image or something.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azdraik
Wow that really is um disheartening.

I really hope that is just a bad image or something.

Again, why? It's not untrue.....

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Whoever made that image at the site has some explaining to do, I think. Perhaps A LOT of explaining to do?

That strike out is NOT cool and it's NOT the design. I found a real printed sheet of the stamps for comparison

So... Who's the comedian with the real BAD sense of humor at USPS.com?

*I really doubt that USPS Store image stays long.... Folks might want to screen capture it to save for personal interest if nothing else.

edit on 11-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Not all the pictures are the same, seen some where the Forever isn't crossed out.

What's the big deal here?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
If you're referring to the "forever" being crossed out on the image......

That's so you can't print the pic and get a forever stamp for free.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
What is the conspiracy? Those are "forever stamps" and probably crossed out so people cant take the image and create their own stamps!

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Why isn't it crossed out on any other image I could pull up of the same stamps at USPS? (I'd also note..if capturing and processing to print..the strikeout would be trivial to remove)

Given it seems to only be the one and the one is the premiere store display shot, I think they have a little Anti-Americanism in the form of a sense of humor..perhaps it even needs unemployed to seek life as a comedian or something. The guy sure isn't one I appreciate for making graphics at a Gov site.

edit on 11-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Is it possible they did that to to prevent forgery like people/companies put a waterstamp on pictures? I know it seems odd (I agree) that the particular word "forever" is crossed out, but if that is the reason they did it, it would be worse if Freedom, Liberty, Equality and Justice were crossed out.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Weird...
It certainly is true though,
Liberty, Freedom, Justice and Equality are lacking in America and most other societies in general.
I was thinking though that they may have put a line through 'forever' to eliminate people taking the Image from online and making their own stamps? Lol although, who really has the time and motivation to create counterfeit stamps? Could be a possibility though...?

If not, wtf is up with these stamps?!

Eta- yea, pretty sure its to prevent forgeries/counterfeits. Look at these Aloha stamps, the '32' has a line through it too, to prevent theft and such
Aloha stamps

edit on 8/11/2012 by Nspekta because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Paranoia. Paranoia. Paranoia.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
What is the conspiracy? Those are "forever stamps" and probably crossed out so people cant take the image and create their own stamps!

Then how do you explain this the one below - we also suggest "Four Flags Giclée Print" which doesn't have strikeout. I think the graphic artist is having fun at work and wants to represent the current state of affairs.

USPS External Link
edit on 11-8-2012 by VimanaExplorer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
i have my tin foil hat on,....

these stamps can't hurt me

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by VimanaExplorer

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Then how do you explain this the one below - we also suggest "Four Flags Giclée Print" which doesn't have strikeout. I think the graphic artist is having fun at work and wants to represent the current state of affairs.

USPS External Link
edit on 11-8-2012 by VimanaExplorer because: (no reason given)

That is a 20x24 inch print, not stamps. Yes they are the same design, but since they are attached and maybe because of the border, they must think its not possible to counterfeit from this image??

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
ok, I went and looked at more stamps for sale. The forever stamps are more than this set I posted and forever is crossed out in all of them.
store.usps.com...

So at first glance it makes sense about counterfeiting. But how does that explain all the other images on the sight where they are not crossed out?
And the fact that "forever" is crossed out in the entire series might put this to rest as well. But then again all the "forever" series is about the great things that helped make America great so the larger theme is just as disturbing I guess.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

Yeah and check the SKU are not the same

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I say good for whoever did that. If their intent was to make the point that this country is careening out of control in the exact opposite direction that it should

More people need to point this out as often as they can at every possible opportunity.

For you viewing pleasure.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
According to a reply by the USPS to the same question in this blog:

For all the stamp images we use on the blog, the denominations are crossed out for reproduction purposes only. The actual stamps do not include the strikes.

edit on 11-8-2012 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik
According to a reply by the USPS to the same question in this blog:

For all the stamp images we use on the blog, the denominations are crossed out for reproduction purposes only. The actual stamps do not include the strikes.

edit on 11-8-2012 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

Good find!
Thx

top topics

<<   2 >>

join