It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army Captain speaks on Iraq. If only....if the people listened to the troops.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
And the troops spoke loud and clear, through their campaign contributions.

All those people (hundreds of thousands..millions?) that put the silly yellow ribbon stickers in support of the troops did it for nothing, as the sticker represented their apathy and not actually their genuine support.

I'd recommend reading the whole passage in the link:
cvrp2012.com...

My name is Captain Jack R. Thompson, of the U.S. Army. I served from May 2000 until January 2010 and was deployed to Iraq in 2003 and 2004. Later, I was activated in support of Afghanistan operations from 2009 to 2010. I led over 400 missions in Iraq, most of which were routine patrols, but also several search and destroy, prisoner transport, route clearing, and IED demolition missions.

It didn’t take long after my arrival in Iraq to learn that the excuse that “they hate us because we are rich and free” was a bald-faced lie. It also didn’t take long for me to realize that Iraq had no part of 9/11, and was not involved with Al-Qaeda.

During the height of the presidential primaries, Ron Paul doubled all GOP candidates combined and beat Obama as well in presidential campaign contributions from active-duty military and veteran donations.

This is one of the many reasons why, and also the reason why THOUSANDS of veterans and active-duty military are scheduled to march on the RNC, to salute Ron Paul and everything he has ever worked for in his DECADES long congressional career of standing and fighting with the people, against tyranny and corruption.
edit on 11-8-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
God bless these people caught up in pointless wars and guide them home

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

does it matter who is president, war is war and will always happen as long as they are in charge , and even if ron paul is in charge there will still be war, since it doesn't seem that ron paul will win, and obama will win, there will still be war.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Ive spoken a lot on here concerning the sentiments of combat vets and etc.. considering my husband is a combat vet and now works for the DoD privately. We have a lot of contact with folks active and discharged and retired and wounded.. and families of the fallen. Let me tell you, this is no joke. Suicides are up because we are fighting an unjust war.. which isnt a war but a long term soft occupation... and troops know it. This is felt thoughout the mil and through the ranks.. and the mil are the only ones who can change this at this point. It would be less, shall we say... strenuous.. if we had a sitting president who would reign this mess in rather than another holding up the same ideology while talking out the other side of his face.
Some higher ups "retired" due to conflict over the handling of the sandbox. Dont always listen to the media.. obviously.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze

does it matter who is president, war is war and will always happen as long as they are in charge , and even if ron paul is in charge there will still be war, since it doesn't seem that ron paul will win, and obama will win, there will still be war.

Hmm, thats nice that you gave up on life. Just don't try to drag those who haven't, down with you. K?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
Ive spoken a lot on here concerning the sentiments of combat vets and etc.. considering my husband is a combat vet and now works for the DoD privately. We have a lot of contact with folks active and discharged and retired and wounded.. and families of the fallen. Let me tell you, this is no joke. Suicides are up because we are fighting an unjust war.. which isnt a war but a long term soft occupation... and troops know it. This is felt thoughout the mil and through the ranks.. and the mil are the only ones who can change this at this point. It would be less, shall we say... strenuous.. if we had a sitting president who would reign this mess in rather than another holding up the same ideology while talking out the other side of his face.
Some higher ups "retired" due to conflict over the handling of the sandbox. Dont always listen to the media.. obviously.

Wow...thanks for sharing. I haven't seen your posts regarding this topic but I will definitely keep my eyes peeled. Keep posting, keep spreading the message.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
So he realized 3 months into Iraq what he did yet continued to "do his duty" help Haliburton and etc. Yeah, support the troops. They talk all this freedom once they are discharged but so long as that threat of life in the brigg looms over they're head they will follow orders.
edit on 11-8-2012 by 1/2 Nephilim because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1/2 Nephilim
So he realized 3 months into Iraq what he did yet continued to "do his duty" help Haliburton and etc. Yeah, support the troops. They talk all this freedom once they are discharged but so long as that threat of life in the brigg looms over they're head they will follow orders.

Human beings are fallible creatures. Im happy to have met you.. a perfect being who has never made a mistake and had a change of heart.. then chose to do the right thing. How honored we all are. Snark Snark.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   

It didn’t take long after my arrival in Iraq to learn that the excuse that “they hate us because we are rich and free” was a bald-faced lie. It also didn’t take long for me to realize that Iraq had no part of 9/11, and was not involved with Al-Qaeda.

Its sad that people join the american army and go to fight "the enemy", before even realizing the basics of why wars are fought and who is manipulating young people into fighting them for them.

It shows the power of the mass media and the education system to really program people into droids and turn them against each other for profit and power.

edit on 11-8-2012 by PrimitiveWorld because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1/2 Nephilim

And who would have been helped by him rotting in Leavenworth for a few decades? Oh, perhaps the scum who keep feeding our troops into their meat grinder.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   

I feel most people genuinely believe they support the troops, I mean people go out of their way to help them if they can. I see it all the time, especially during the holidays. The big problem with the troops is they are not as free thinking are you are painting them to be. Back during the Bush years I picked up a book by Michael Moore called Will They Ever Trust Us Again, which was a collection of letters from troops active in Iraq and Afghanistan. The letters basically all conveyed that the troops were not happy with the war or the president. However, they also made it clear that they could not openly express their opinions because it was seen as disrespectful to bad mouth the commander in chief, and you could face disciplinary action for doing so. They claimed most of the troops blindly supported the war and Bush, just because thats how military culture works. This of course was back in like 2007, but still.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

I think it should be like on starship troopers. Only a citizen can vote and practice politics, only those who serve can be citizens. As a citizen, you have taken the liberty and rights of not only yourself but others you have never met, and made ensuring them, your personal responsibility. As such, you deserve rights and priviledges other do not. As a non citizen you have not had the person courage, or risked life and or limb to try to better life for you fellow man, so you have certain inalienable rights, but not all the rights as those who take personal responsibility for ensuring these rights

Obvikously if you are handicapable, or otherwise physically or mentaly disadvantaged, you will be given special consideration when being asigned to your duty station, if you chose to serve. There is room for everyone though, just because you can't walk does not mean you can't file paper work.etc... as it takes many skill sets, not being born lucky enough to have full mental or physical acuity does not disqualify you from service if you choose to do so. Accomodations will be made to ensure your right to serve you fellow man, if you so choose to follw the path to citizenship.
edit on 11-8-2012 by inverslyproportional because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente

Originally posted by DocHolidaze

Hmm, thats nice that you gave up on life. Just don't try to drag those who haven't, down with you. K?

i have not given up, im hoping for a future were guys in suits dont rig elections, and make are decisions for us, i gave up? the people as a whole gave up aa long time ago when they started believing dudes in suites serve the people and not just themselves and or there own agenda

join