It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Louisiana Sinkhole Raises Concerns of Explosions and Radiation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
The sinkhole first opened on august 1, where it was discovered that it caused a 36-inch natural gas pipeline to bend, which is the reason the Assumption Parish Emergency Preparedness has kept an emergency evacuation in order in fear of explosions.

The sinkhole is near a site previously owned by the Texas brine company which operated a salt cavern. After being used for 30 years the site was plugged in 2011, but officials believe it may have been compromised leading to the sinkhole.

Source

On Thursday, Louisiana's Department of Natural Resources required that Texas Brine drill a well to investigate the salt cavern as soon as possible, obtain samples from the cavern and provide daily reports on their findings. It could take up to 10 days to set up the drilling process, even with an expedited process.

"We have to arrange for the driller. We have to pick a location. We have to be very careful to not be in a point that's too close to the sinkhole because of the weight of the rig," Texas Brine Company spokesman Sonny Cranch told ABCNews.com today. "We don't want to aggravate the situation."

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
They said on the news earlier that is was over 400 feet deep at one end and 50-60 feet at the other..over 300 feet wide..wow..that's incredible.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Just what the heck is going on here?? Explosion? Oh BS... they have that line CHARGED in that condition? I don't buy it... Radiation?! "Low level natural"? Excuse me?? Of all the sink holes I've heard of, I've yet to heard of one that required large scale evacuation and Radiation was even said as a word. Why here??

They mention that salt mine...and I get a bad feeling. Those are dandy places to store things VERY VERY long term. Like..almost forever. This mine was plugged.. they're talking radiation? Taking readings? and..they have to be ooooo so careful about drilling. They said it, not me.

Someone have a storage location they didn't want anyone to know about? Hmmm....bad feeling here. At least for the locals in that immediate area.
edit on 10-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Hope the locals heeded the warning to evacuate this time. Would not want Obama to be blamed for killing a bunch of folks that stayed.

So you guys are thinking what was stored there?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Already a thread on this
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Please add your comments to the existing thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by taws6

Thanks for the heads up.. I said all I had to say on this one. Different forum..different topic focus....I guess someone complained. I hate complainers, don't you?

Glad there wasn't much more to go with on this one. Oh well

new topics

top topics

join