It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Betz Mystery Sphere of 1974 Revisited

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Rubicant13

What a fantastic read,I've never heard of this sphere before.
I wonder where it is now?hopefully the Betz have it in their possesion and will show it for all the world to see once again.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by heathwithnoteeth

Originally posted by heathwithnoteeth
i dont know if this has been answered elsewhere, but the Black Knight satellite, did it just disappear?

From what I understand, the object changes orbit from time to time between the Earth and the Moon. This happens around every 15 to 20 years.
edit on 11-8-2012 by NogardNarad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TWILITE22

Most likely at area 51 or some other top secret facility I would guess. I am sure they have long figured out it's technology and are probably using it now in some black secret space program. ~$heopleNation

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

Could be related to this, which in considered "new" technology.

www.popsci.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I agree, however I also wonder if the stories surrrounding this object have been greatly exaggerated. In such cases stories like this inevitably fade into obscurity, as this one has.

I would think that with all the mind power on ATS that someone could probably track down Terry Betz or one of his parents, assuming they are still alive, and try to get to the bottom of this. I did a brief search and didn't find anything of any significance. I'll probably continue for a bit and see what happens. It would be facinating if it were possible.
edit on 8/11/2012 by AntiNWO because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by AntiNWO

One article I googled stated the Betz's have moved to Texas and have eluded that it is in their possesion.
After the media circus that happened the first time I'm sure they are keeping a lid on the sphere.
Can't say I blame them.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Clearly it was a bladder tank from a satellite. Two fell recently (with pics) and headlines initially called them "spheres from the sky".

www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.universetoday.com...

If it was dented and still had a little liquid left in it, it would roll like a strange boomeranged pattern.

cs.astrium.eads.net...

Something like that.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

How do fuel tanks roll for 12 minutes continuously and stop on their own? And then when rolled, change direction of their own accord with no outside interference? Read the article.

edit on 11-8-2012 by Rubicant13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
"VI-XI. The Fall of the Angels: the Demoralization of Mankind: the Intercession of the Angels on behalf of Mankind. The Dooms pronounced by God on the Angels of the Messianic Kingdom-- (a Noah fragment).
And it came to pass when the children of men had multiplied that in those days were born unto them beautiful and comely daughters. And the angels, the children of the heaven, saw and lusted after them, and said to one another: 'Come, let us choose us wives from among the children of men and beget us children.' And Semjâzâ, who was their leader, said unto them: 'I fear ye will not indeed agree to do this deed, and I alone shall have to pay the penalty of a great sin.' And they all answered him and said: 'Let us all swear an oath, and all bind ourselves by mutual imprecations not to abandon this plan but to do this thing.' Then sware they all together and bound themselves by mutual imprecations upon it. And they were in all two hundred; who descended in the days of Jared on the summit of Mount Hermon, and they called it Mount Hermon, because they had sworn and bound themselves by mutual imprecations upon it. And these are the names of their leaders: Samîazâz, their leader, Arâkîba, Râmêêl, Kôkabîêl, Tâmîêl, Râmîêl, Dânêl, Êzêqêêl, Barâqîjâl, Asâêl, Armârôs, Batârêl, Anânêl, Zaqîêl, Samsâpêêl, Satarêl, Tûrêl, Jômjâêl, Sariêl. These are their chiefs of tens.

And all the others together with them took unto themselves wives, and each chose for himself one, and they began to go in unto them and to defile themselves with them, and they taught them charms and enchantments, and the cutting of roots, and made them acquainted with plants. And they became pregnant, and they bare great giants, whose height was three thousand ells: Who consumed all the acquisitions of men. And when men could no longer sustain them, the giants turned against them and devoured mankind. And they began to sin against birds, and beasts, and reptiles, and fish, and to devour one another's flesh, and drink the blood. Then the earth laid accusation against the lawless ones.

And Azâzêl taught men to make swords, and knives, and shields, and breastplates, and made known to them the metals of the earth and the art of working them, and bracelets, and ornaments, and the use of antimony, and the beautifying of the eyelids, and all kinds of costly stones, and all colouring tinctures. And there arose much godlessness, and they committed fornication, and they were led astray, and became corrupt in all their ways. Semjâzâ taught enchantments, and root-cuttings, 'Armârôs the resolving of enchantments, Barâqîjâl (taught) astrology, Kôkabêl the constellations, Êzêqêêl the knowledge of the clouds, Araqiêl the signs of the earth, Shamsiêl the signs of the sun, and Sariêl the course of the moon. And as men perished, they cried, and their cry went up to heaven... " The Book of Enoch

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ResearchEverything777

Uhhh... not sure what this has to do with the post...?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Rubicant13

And wouldn't the x-rays have shown liquid inside?

I have never heard of this and I think it's an amazing story.
I wonder if the government actually has a "Warehouse 13" somewhere.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
The Triangle is a symbol of the secret space program. So its a US government black ops object. But it must not be very important they havent recovered it.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Weren't one or more similar spheres recovered from the Woomera test ranges in Australia back in the fifties or sixties?

Off to track the tale down.....

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
Clearly it was a bladder tank from a satellite. Two fell recently (with pics) and headlines initially called them "spheres from the sky".

Clearly it wasn't. The ones pictured in your links have very distinct seams and welds. The Betz Sphere did not have anything other than an elongated triangle stamp.

If it was dented and still had a little liquid left in it, it would roll like a strange boomeranged pattern.

Something like that.

Possibly, but it would not consistantly return to the exact spot it started from, and wouldn't start and stop on its own. It also would not react audibly to specific tones..

Assuming the story is accurate, the facts don't bear out your theory.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Thanks for that info. You're probably right about them keeping a lid on the sphere, but if it were me I think I could only do that for so long if I believed I really had something that unusual.

At the very least they could cash in on it somehow.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof

www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.universetoday.com...

cs.astrium.eads.net...

Something like that.

Except for the fact that those objects clearly look dented up, and the second object has weld marks, where as the betz object appeared seamless and undamaged. I think after all the people who examined and X-rayed it would have eventually came across something that would have suggested it was a piece of satellite, which they did not.

edit on 11-8-2012 by DeboWilliams because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
i dunno. i smell a hoax. where is the sphere now? why can't i find any decent pictures of it? it's a very interesting story though. it would be neat of it was confirmed as real.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AntiNWO

Thanks for that info. You're probably right about them keeping a lid on the sphere, but if it were me I think I could only do that for so long if I believed I really had something that unusual.

At the very least they could cash in on it somehow.
Yes! I'll give them $100 for it. It would be welcomed into my household of odd things and house pets
I feel a kinship with the little Sphere already

Put it in the sun...
give it some shade...
roll it on the beach...
put it up against my head for direct brain to Sphere, Sphere to brain talk time.....
give it rides in my truck ( up on the dash or nestled in the console with my coffee cup, Sphere's choice!)
carry it with me whereever I went! (is that a Sphere in your pocket or ?????)

So my offer stands, $100 (USD) for my anticipated future companion

edit on 11-8-2012 by grubblesnert because: spellin'

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
If it really were some object of import or 'other Earthly' origin, it would have either been seized or cracked open long ago.

*zzz*

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I have enjoyed reading about this so wanted to say thank you to everyone for the interesting contributions. In beginning the search for where the sphere is now, I have a few things that might open the trail.

It appears that Antoine Betz, the father, may have passed away.

Name Antoine Betz
Families Betz family
Born December 6, 1920
Died December 1987 (67 years old)
Last Known
Residence Jacksonville, Duval County, Florida (Florida), 32226
Social Security Death Record
SSN 417-XX-4970 [ ? ]

Source

The son's name is Terry Mathew Betz and his mother is Gerri Betz (pictured above), according to Op's sources, although there are different spellings of the mother's first name in various articles. The mother may have remarried and, if she is still alive, her name might be Gerri Betz-Jackson.

This Gerri Betz-Jackson is quoted in a news article on standard city council type business

''I think that will be great,'' said Gerri Betz-Jackson, who owns a fish camp on McKenna Drive. ''I think this would be kind of a tribute to the river and what the mayor's trying to do with his preservation project.''

Betz-Jackson lives in North Jacksonville and owns a total of about 100 acres on both sides of McKenna where the name change is proposed.

The two McKennas, as Betz-Jackson called the streets, cause a lot of inconveniences, she said.

Story link

And another article on land Gerri owns being considered for development or a nature preserve.

Delaney is asking Council to approve $7.95 million in taxpayer money to buy the 548-acre tract which is the home to several species of birds, plenty of other wildlife and some of Jacksonville’s best, untainted views.

The land is also being pursued by developer Safa Mansouri, who has offered the owner, Gerri Betz-Jackson, a little over $1 million more than the City for the property. Mansouri has proposed a gated, low-density development for the land and has assured the City he would also sell back more than 180 acres to the City in exchange for permitting and infrastructure assistance.

The tour, which was led by Preservation Project Jacksonville executive director Mark Middlebrook, was an attempt to convince Council members to buy the land and set it aside as a publicly available nature preserve.

Story here

Terry, on the other hand, is a dry trail so far and the other information on Gerri and Antoine is still highly speculative. Given that Terry was pre-med at the time of this discovery will hopefully help in the research. He seems to be a good candidate, and or his mother, to find and pursue an update to where this sphere is now and what research may have been done since the 70s.

Back to reading. Thanks again. Fascinating topic OP.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join