It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

open carry illegal stop - when the president follows the constitution - I will....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
police admits to violating this citizens rights and pisses on his oath.
francis pennysac had his video recorder and got this on video.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

That's cool that he knew the law better than the police. Thats the problem I believe nowdays with police. They think they know the law or make it up as they see fit.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
What they are doing is to make it as difficult as possible for you to open carry. Make it stop, sue them for continued harassment. What they should be doing is to go and educate the complainants. It is that simple. They don't because they are part of the problem.

P

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
What they are doing is to make it as difficult as possible for you to open carry. Make it stop, sue them for continued harassment. What they should be doing is to go and educate the complainants. It is that simple. They don't because they are part of the problem.

P

Agreed, what they are doing is illegal.
Get a restraining order against these badge wearing thugs, similar to what Rodney King did.
You are responsible for your own protection, the police are responsible for writing reports and protection of the corporates.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Is there any follow up to this?
If I were the guy, I would be suing the department.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Great exercise of personal rights!
I am impressed this man knew more than the guys who "uphold" the law.
He is right too, they are "responders" not "preventers".
We must be prepared to defend our life and liberty these days.
Not scared.

But we must step back a second and look at why people are scared to see this.
We live in a fearful society...where most people call the cops when they see guns.
In my opinion, they are scared from all the programming on their television sets.
Scared and unaware of their rights as US citizens.
People should not be scared of those walking around with guns.
They should be more scared of those people who actually hide them.
It's too bad that all these news stories and "shows" create their identity for them.
It's also too bad I see more and more "federal" guns charges.
This nation is progressing right into what the UN desires.

Also, we must look at why this nation is like this.
The UN wants to dismantle our Constitution.
They need an unarmed nation in order to take it over.
It's plain to see and coming to fruition.

This is why guns are becoming more and more feared.
Because of programming by the media, controlled by the elites...
And the UN slowly implementing their tactics through unconstitutional treaties.

KNOW YOUR RIGHTS!

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Typical abusive cop. A bully with a badge. The guy filming this is a cop's worst knightmare... knowledgeable and not intimidated.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
The problem with knowing your rights, is it won't always save you, people like this are asking for an indecent, don't get me wrong fear should never be a reason to not exercise your rights and this man is brave for doing it.

Its a sad day when exercising your rights can be considered brave...

I can only imagine if it was in a "bad" area, the man would be dead and the cop a hero for taking down an "armed" suspect.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

He's just rambling along like a major douche bag.
If he's being harassed by the cops then maybe he should get a letter or carry around the laws to show the cops that stop him.

If I was him I would be like. Hey it's nice to see you again. How's the family.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I live in a state where it is legal to open carry and with the way things are going these days I am going to start to exercise that right. I live in a small town though and know most of the police. If I do I will be carrying a copy of the law plus any local ordinaces that may be in effect. Police in open carry states need a refresher in how to handle these situations. This guy in the video is obviously being harrassed and I hope he makes some headway with that department. How many crimes were they not responding to with four cruisers all for someone following the law. Our country is getting worse to live in everyday.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
It sounds like we have a law that is an oxymoron, I.E. The rule of law reads one way for a particular issue, however it seems that it depends on who`s interpreting it, you or the police! It`s like having a roll of toilet paper, which has a particular use,wiping the crap away, or just smearing it around. Depends on who`s purpose it serves better. Does that make sense?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

yes he knew the law,, and he was legit on his Rights.. but he was still inflammatory and even with the harassment of being "stopped"' multiple times -- this person still was an ass,, unnecessarily.. IMHO

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
wow just wow at that cops constitution line. wow

I wish the audio was better. that comment is insane

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Yeah cops are kinda out of control.
And it seems to escalate every year.
How does the president play into this exactly?
And what part of the constitution is he not following?
Just curious. Not being a smart a**.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by darrman

use your rights or lose em. i would've done the same thing except i wouldn't have let them touch my gun.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

another good video.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
This reminds me of a video I saw on Youtube.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I hate when people automatically assume that someone who open carries is a troublemaker.

If you were headed into work doing nothing wrong and the police stopped you at a checkpoint and strip searched you, would you complain? Would you argue? Would you stress that as a citizen of your country you have every right to go to work without being arbitrarily stopped? Would you record the incident, knowing that the police were violating your rights?

This guy feels the need to carry open-carry a firearm. That is all that matters. It is as legal as you heading into work. He apparently follows all the rules and regulations that are required to ensure his actions are legal, yet he is repeatedly stopped, detained and according to the video, held at gunpoint. For violating no law or rule or statute.

And before you can type it, this comparison is the exact same thing. A legal right in America is as valid as any other legal right. This man's right to open carry (should be) held to the same protections as my right to choose my religion or to freely assemble.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Same ol' song and dance. Every thread like this gets the same responses, some people applaud the person with the firearm for knowing his rights and standing up to the officers who want to illegally detain and search someone, and the other people who want to call the person with the firearm names for knowing his rights and the laws.

I have said it before and i will say it again.

The law is written in a way that not only protects people from other people, but in a way that protects people from the officers.

This person knows his rights, and he is correct about the laws! He was detained without any suspicion of committing a crime, which is illegal.

The cop clams that he doesn't know, and that is reason enough to check up on the person.

What if he had a paper bag? The cops don't know whats in the bag, or if he is legally allowed to have the item in the bag, so would it be ok to stop a person with a bag and search the bag? NO

Cops are there to follow and enforce laws, they do not get to make up laws as they go, or bend laws to fit their agenda. If the law says you can not detain someone without reasonable suspicion of a crime being committed, they damn well better have reasonable suspicion before detaining anyone, otherwise they are BREAKING THE LAW.

More people need to stand up to these types of officers in a logical civilized manner, just like this person did.

DC

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
the cops are talking their jobs way to personally.

all the cop had to do was ask if he was legally entitled to carry the gun.

if the guy says yes, say thank you have a nice day and then your off the hook and everybody is happy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join