It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EVERYONE needs to read this, the fed is a lie.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by gandalph

What a deluded failure at simplification.

Our monetary supply and measures of GDP are practically parallel. Inflation is the relationship of the two. Inflation is currently openly set by the Federal Reserve at a ~2 to 3% annual rate, though that's been the average rate since it's inception, which has left us with a 2000% depreciation of the dollar over the last century and will lead to yet the same over the next 100 years.

Money is not backed by GDP, though the Feds outlook on the control it exerts over inflation is certainly taking GDP into account. Even if it were directly based on a certain measurement of GDP, to imply that it would be no different to backing the dollar with precious metal is a ludicrous claim indeed. GDP is not anywhere near a steady value, especially in comparison to a precious metal supply.

Our fiat money is backed by debt, to parrot the obvious, In other terms, you could say it is backed by demand of assets(not to be confused with the simple market value of said asset), and the value of those assets fresh off the production line. Hence, I get a loan for a car, based on it's immediate retail price that the dealer has agreed to accept, which is rarely identical to the standard market value, but let's say that is in this case. The money created for the loan is equal to the market value, but the asset value of the loan entered into the financial system's books is based on the future income(presently my debt) equal to the price of the original asset plus interest.

At that point, the money created is not only backed by the market value of the car, but also includes the interest I agreed to pay based on my immediate demand of the car.

I suppose it would be a miniscule bit more accurate to say the value of our fiat money, at least in the way it is currently created, is approximate to GDP + Interest. Even in that light, our money supply would theoretically be growing at a higher rate than GDP, which would all the same leave constant inflation, but it's still a flawed simplification.

In the long run, the Fed has hijacked the scales of supply and demand, taking major advantage of the demand side of the scale, keeping it constantly tipped ever so slightly in their favor. Mind you, the Treasury doesn't see a penny until the Fed has taken their "cost of operation" out of the profit pot, which is just another reason why I personally believe the Fed should be at least audited by the government (if they won't disband the system) for financial efficiency of their operation, to ensure the Treasury is receiving maximum benefit from this scam of a system. If they're going to continue to require my money being taken in such a fashion (on top of taxes) for government benefit, at least ensure they're actually getting the most of it.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
money is a imposter creating the illusion of value to all who agree wile in the mean time the real wealth is robbed.so what is wealth?knowledge,freedom,health,land,and our ability of labor,food and life it self.considering all that, we trade it off so cheap.and as long as there is people walking earth there will be always some slackers triying to pull over a con like money to get it all for them self.and some who dont value their true wealth and sell it off cheap.or is it not true most people do not have most all i mentioned and the wealthy just want more of it for them self.depriving equality to the masses.the founders of society at least used that as a atractive to unite all in one,but now,that has reversed and they are taking it away as a sales pitch and people are still buying it,the word?safety,you would think the world by now would be a safer place? keep going around the monopoly board and collect them 200 dollars.safety will become the replacement of money eventually,another big illusion.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

Dude, the government doesn't print money. A private bank, The Federal Reserve does.

They print it then loan it to our government with interest.

The income tax came shorty after the federal reserve bank in order to pay the interest on loaned money.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ArrowsNV

And it's not just money that's a lie. Look into 'freeman on the land'....check the number on the back of your birth certificate. Everything that we're required 'by law' to do is totally unwarranted, including your driver's license.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I'm sorry. I'm confused. So...what is the new news?
I thought this was pretty much common knowledge.....

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jlm912

Very well put, I think it wasn't simplified enough for a lot of people to grasp the difference between the way they think the financial system works and the way it actually works though.

Star for your wordsmithery in explaining a complicated system in a way many will be able to understand withut the need to oversimplify it as I felt compelled to try.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Here, educate yourselves.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by IndieA

Here ya go

That's a good one; entertaining and informative for those with short attention spans.

Here's one a bit more in-depth for those who want more details.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Just print more money that's it. All problems will be solved

Can anyone say inflation. I'd rather not pay 6$ for a redbull. Jusayin

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246
I'm not sure you're exactly right on this though. I think it's losely based on existing assets. Like they'll do crazy accounting like say an old 486 computer (some of you might not even remember those from the 90s) that's held in some old warehouse collecting dust is worth 10,000 dollars. And the monitor for the computer another 10,000 and they count up all the assets like that and cook the books so to speak. I'm not sure if that's to do with the currency borrowing or not, but I think that's how they give a ledger for what assets they're borrowing on. And I'm not financial guy, just what I seen on TV. But as far as the borrowing and printing goes I think it's based mostly on the future potential of the country to earn as well. So they know the mil can take out a country to get there oil, there's another several trillion that they could lend on. Stuff like that. Am I wrong?

Unfortunately you are wrong... The USA was on the "gold" standard until Nixon took us off of it. The money is backed by nothing more that the good word of the US government. As many of us here on ATS know our governments "good words" are turning out to be just propaganda used to advance an agenda. Some think it is the NWO while other think it is just stupid government. Then there is the obvious truth that the government has been taken over in a "cash coup" and no longer does the bidding of the people but the bidding of the corporation.

The phony accounting rules you speak of are just used to make the system look like it is working and the FED (Federal Reserve) is charged with keeping full employment and a stable money supply....

However central banks are akin to slavery... why does the US have to pay interest on their own money which the Treasury prints out of thin air... much of this goes back to a concept called "fractional" banking where banks and others create the appearance of wealth then leverage it.....

Here is an animated clip which is very easy to understand how money got started and how the system has been corrupted by bankers!

edit on 11-8-2012 by fnpmitchreturns because: sp

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by dipsezbaby
Just print more money that's it. All problems will be solved

Can anyone say inflation. I'd rather not pay 6$ for a redbull. Jusayin

I have to laugh because I once I was pushing a concept of "What was the dollar worth when you were born"

The dollar was a dollar when you were born. The face value of it has not changed. Yet, it does not have the same buying power when I was born.....

I was born in 1960 and the purchasing power of that same dollar (which was worth .87 cents in buying power then) has only .14 cents worth of buying power today!

that is inflation and the sad truth is that these numbers are about half of the actual inflation rate. The best information I find on accurate data like unemployment or inflation is Shadowstats.com where economist John Williams uses the old formulas which the government has thrown out because the numbers didn't fit their propaganda.

In a side note read Johns primer on the CPI (consumer price index) which is what the government uses to calculate inflation...

www.shadowstats.com...
edit on 11-8-2012 by fnpmitchreturns because: add

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional

I am glad to see this subject getting the attention it deserves! The FED is a lie, taxes are a lie! There is no point in taxing a populous when the .gov can print money, it can simply print any amount it needs at any time it needs it.

Any member may quote me at any time, and use said quote for reasons relevant to their opinion, without my permission, or acknowledgement. As I am in the business of truth, not acknowledgement or appreciation of my thoughts. I welcome any and all use of my memes, quotes and or opinions, for use for or against my relevant iew on any subject matter.

With respect
IV

Though most of what you say is true in a way except that it is a bit more complicated then just printing it up and spending it!
The government does print monies but only by mandate of the Fed and then distributes those monies to the other reserve banks for distribution to the major banks at very low interest rates "LIBOR" so they can then lend to us at much higher rates! any monies the government needs must sell T-bonds to get which as of late most of those bonds are being purchased by the federal reserve! If this is not the most advanced pyramid scheme ive ever seen and bernie madoff was just doing what he learnt from the best crooks in the game the federal reserve
board and their cronies! Meanwhile this is not the only scheme the banking sector uses cause we have fractional reserve banking which means they can lend out 9 times what is in their vaults! What about the recent LIBOR scandal which just broke! Then we have wall street and all the little schemes they run like the ones that got them into trouble in 2008 and then was pawned off onto the tax payer! most of which were illegal because they are allowed to package mortgages but not allowed to split them up the way they did! Most of these schemes the peoples of this country think were fixed but the truth is the only thing that changed was they stopped lending to sub prime borrowers! That's just a tidbit of our corrupt system which should be scrapped and started anew!
The whole global ponzi scheme is so interlaced there is no way that we could ever straighten this mess out!
So this is why the stock market really don't reflect anything other then cooked books and bandit schemes!
This is also why our savings funds are getting raped, our retirement accounts are losing value and our paychecks are decressing in value! This is also why the prices of food and fuel keep going up because of all this
printing of monies and infusion of funds we are losing 5% devalue of the fiat currency annually! If the majority of
Americans would only wake up and take a stand against the global elite now ruining our world to make it safe for them to depopulate it, we would finally have some control of our lives and our children would have a future.....
When will this nightmare end? When we are all homeless, weaponless, jobless, pennyless and locked up it will be too late!

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

First they tax our pay check
then they tax our food, phones, items, gas and utilities.

How many times does the same money get taxed?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
It comes down to who controls the money supply or currency, most, naturally assume it's the Govt , this is obviously untrue because there would be no Nation debt.

So the people really have one choice to vote for a Govt that accepts that the money supply is the peoples.
All other issues are obfuscation .
However with the dipsihts in govt we may get a lot of Zimbabwes

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by maxzen2004

First they tax our pay check
then they tax our food, phones, items, gas and utilities.

How many times does the same money get taxed?

And people think they're Free .Fact ,if your sweat or labor is creamed off via taxation without your consent then you're a slave, there are other far more equitable means of raising revenue, but only this way ensures that people who lend your Govt money will be paid back.
Unless of course the interest on the debt exceeds govt income and bankrupsty results , but Govts are different they blow up before that as govt promises can't be met.

Govt should not spend more than revenue as they are incompetent.
edit on 11-8-2012 by Zngland because: blow up instead bubbles

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
On December 23, 1913, when Congress was eager to adjourn for Christmas, the Glass-Owen Bill passed, officially creating the Federal Reserve System. This name itself had been carefully chosen to deceive Americans. While "Federal" implied public control, it is in fact owned by private shareholders. "Reserve" suggested it would hold reserves to protect banks, but it has no hard assets — only bonds and other instruments of debt, and, as we will see, "fiat money," created from nothing. "System" implied its power would be diffuse (through 12 regional Federal Reserve banks), whereas actual power would be centralized in the Board and the New York Fed with its powerful Open Market Committee.
sourcewww.thenewamerican.com...
titled Our Monetary Mayhem Began With the Fed

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
There is only one real problem with money.

It is only as valuable as people put the faith in it.

It doesn't matter if it's backed by gold or diamonds.

For even gold is as valuable as we want it to be.

excellent well said, its sad most people don't realize that..

ps nice avatar I see you play dcuo..wanna do some missons or raids?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
If monetary wealth wouldnt be dimnished through inflation everybody would be an aristocrat and noone would work.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Cassius666

Are you being serious? If so, can you clarify your line of thought?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jlm912

Money is an accepted barter system, without it there would be no modern civilization. Chaos and anarchy would reign supreme. Theres not enough gold and silver to replace modern currencies. Do you like order and modern comforts? The alternative is to go back 300 years and live like africans. No thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join