It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost caught on CCTV:video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Camera set up to capture vandals records footage of child ghost leaping over family car

A couple who set up a CCTV camera to catch vandals were left aflutter when it captured this eerie footage - of what they believe is a 'child ghost' leaping over their car.

www.dailymail.co.uk...
And video footage

Our photographic experts have studied the film closely and just can't explain what this strange object could be. Have a look and see what you think...

swns.com...
Is this real or some sort of light reflection

Cran

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Im going with a bug for $200, Alex.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by cranspace

The shape is odd, but it just looks like a bug or something small flying by the camera to me. You can see it come zipping back around and flying off to the left.

Is this an IR camera? Maybe some reflection off the exoskeleton causing the glow. Unless it's a pixie or Disney-type fairy or something, it doesn't otherwise seem supernatural on my end.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by underduck

I'll second that !! Moth for the daily double !!

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Looks to me like it could be a large bug just flying in the light towards the camera. As you notice a couple of seconds later you see a smaller shiny thing go from right to left at speed. I have seen this before on camera (the second one) and it did turn out to be just a bug flying by.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by cranspace

I suggest this is a spider dropping from a strand of silk close to the camera after being attracted by the IR light source; an all too common problem with integrated light source IR night cameras.

Best regards,
Z
edit on 8/9/2012 by DrZrD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by underduck
Im going with a bug for $200, Alex.

That was my first reaction as well but then I remembered that the Daily Mail's "photographic experts have studied the film closely and just can't explain what this strange object could be", which means that either they are completely incompetent or else they know darn well that it's a bug and just ran the story anyway which surely can't be the case...

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
That's an IR camera with an external housing around the camera itself in order to protect it from the outside elements. That "ghost" is a reflection of (most likely) car headlights. The light's bouncing around in the external casing and reflecting off the "see through" part of the casing, into the camera lens. This is a very common occurance. This didn't make the local news somewhere did it?

If you watch it a few times you will see that although the light appears to "jump" at one point. It still has a uniform speed and direction of left to right. Very similar to a car traveling at low speed. My money is on car head lights.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sonicology

Yeah, I'm sure they didn't go outta there way to get in touch with any real "experts"

However, I'm quite convinced any 3rd shift $8/hr parking ramp security guard could identify this in a second. A guy that shoots photo's for the Daily Mail??? Not so much....

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Security camera's and cameras in general do different things according to thier environment. I was watching a spider, at nite, wandering right in front of my security lense and it got to be really cool because it looked like it vanished from sight and then poof...it would re-appear almost out of the clear blue...if you didn't know what was happening....you might view this as strange...better yet...what if it wasn't a spider but something else?

Because people don't know how the camera's work in different environments....they think something like this is out of this world when in reality...it's the camera and the environment.

I am a paranormal investigator too...so I do really know how camera's work threw experience. Does that mean camera's don't catch paranormal...nooooooo but..again...if your not experienced w/ nite vision, camera focus, diff. Lenses, dust, light, bugs, frequency waves...you'll be thinking everything's paranormal....

After reading comments..I have to say sorry to dr. Z ..no way that's a spider...it's either head lights going over a speed bump..or a moth or a type of winged insect.

edit on 9-8-2012 by tracehd1 because: Add comment

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I don't think it's anything paranormal. Did anyone see the cute white kitty in the background?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

I suggested a spider for the bright object appearing early in the video because the out-stretched legs is how a spider appears while descending. Compare the original center image

with (from Google image search) this,

Proof positive, no, but a plausible working theory considering it is well known that these types of cameras attract spiders. In addition, many similar spider images on security camera video's are posted to YouTube.
Spider in the Camera-Security Video.wmv
Spider caught on IR camera
Lady Gaga live (Spider Tour)

In general, spiders are such large problem with integrated light source night cameras that companies now claim to have developed spider repelling IR night cameras.
Spider Web Deterrent Bullet Security Camera

Dear tracehd1, I agree that the object seen at the end of the video appears to be a moth or other flying insect, but the object seen earlier (IMO at least) appears to me to more closely resemble a spider as I explained above. Thank you for reading my post.

Best regards,
Z

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Reminds me of the time i thought I caught a huge UFO on my IR Handycam. Couldn't see it with the naked eye but shone brightly on the camcorder hehe, turned out to be a piece of leaf stuck to a spiders web hanging outside the window. Oh well

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by DrZrD

You know what! You're probably right. It's probably a spider. Between seconds 5-6 you can see a spider string flash from right to left watch and you'll see it.

I've changed my mind, this is a spider and not headlights... I'm convinced

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I'm sorry. I am not usually critical or negative of ghost photos...but I have seen too many of these types of Cctv 'ghost' shots proven as bugs in front of the camera lens.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT
I'm sorry. I am not usually critical or negative of ghost photos...but I have seen too many of these types of Cctv 'ghost' shots proven as bugs in front of the camera lens.

If I were you, I'd get to Gettysburg, take pics, and report. ITMT, your credibility is in serious question, "Ghost Hunter".

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
The real story here is:

"Why is it considered "normal" and accepted that someone has CCTV on a residential home (pointed at other private property no less)?"

This is the real reason they ran the story. Subconscious acceptance of CCTV in homes.

Also it's a moth.
edit on 10-8-2012 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I agree with others, sure looks like a moth or spider to me.
nothing to see here, move along folks....

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by cranspace
Camera set up to capture vandals records footage of child ghost leaping over family car

A couple who set up a CCTV camera to catch vandals were left aflutter when it captured this eerie footage - of what they believe is a 'child ghost' leaping over their car.

www.dailymail.co.uk...
And video footage

Plain and simple and no expertise to say what it is. It's the mini Marshmallow man from "Ghost Busters," before it made it's way to New York City.

Absolutely now question about that.

edit on 10-8-2012 by Sulie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
it's some sort of bug. otherwise that's the silliest looking ghost ever.

new topics

top topics

join