It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God is NOT silence, Language is a natural thing ocuring in humans, and Stagnation (Stillness is deat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
We already know that Babies can understand about 1500 words. They can understand it but it takes awhile into they are actually able to pronounce the sounds for the words. Language is something that is bound to occur in humans.

Even animals, have "words" so to speak. They make different sounds for different types of predators. They even have a sound for, "food is here".

Besides that, they can also think in sounds and pictures, even though they do not have "words".

God is not silence. The universe is not silent at all.

So for all of these people who "meditate" just focusing on "breathing", this is actually NOT natural...

I made a thread before saying that Movement is the thing connecting Everything. This is still true. "Stillness", "Nothingness", "Stagnation" is DEATH. LIFE is activity, movement, animation (animus/soul/spirit). When you try to go into "stillness/stagnation" or into "nothingness" you are trying to bring your consciousness into death without realizing it!

Your Soul is SUPER-CONSCIOUS, NOT unconsciousness in "darkness" or "Nothingness"...

ALL is Life (except complete stillness - which some consciousness walk into unknowingly for a little while)...

LIFE is movement. Even a dead body is still in motion (changing)...

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Sound is interesting, its thought that music was the first attempt at human language...

You ever wonder how come music can convey moods? Maybe there is something primal there, Sounds do effect the human brain on a level we can't control.

Low frequency can cause fear reactions.

Bin-aural sounds directly effect brain waves.

Why so much chanting in ancient religions? Why do trance states usually have some auditory assistance to achieve (chanting, drums, etc).

Im probably rambling, but Ive always been intrigued by sounds effect on humans.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I talk to cats all the time. If you want to smile at a cat just give them a long squint... if you want to say you love a cat.. you give them a long blink. If you want show a cat your scared or intensely interested in what their doing you keep you eyes extremely wide. If you want to show your happy or content rub something near you with you hand in slow long motions. If you want to show your unhappy change the rubbing by making it quick twitching motions. These motions mimick a cats tail which show a majority of its subconcious emotions.

Their language has alot to do with their eyes and tails. Vocalization is specificly tonal.

Language needs patterns to work.. you spend enough time looking for patterns you can learn any language.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
You may be silence on the outside, but on the inside you are awake. Your mind is awake, you think, you are conscious.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
So for all of these people who "meditate" just focusing on "breathing", this is actually NOT natural...

RED LETTERS; Jesus "Psalm 46:10. He says, “Be STILL, and know that I am God"

Looks like Jesus himself debunks your post, I like the red letter text, great stuff!

I think mediation is natural, its useful in prayer.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SmikeS

And yet, Jesus had to speak to get his message across...

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

I don't agree with your statement above, however I'm not saying that I am right and you are wrong!

I think it was/is probably one of the most natural things to do! When people are upset, afraid or angry it's a natural practice to concentrate on your breathing to calm yourself down and relax yourself physically and mentally.

To concentrate on your breathing and visualising your inhaling and exhaling is a very good techinque to improve your concentration to achieve meditation.

I do agree that sound is very important, after all, (if you believe the bible) according to Genesis the world was created by the verb or the word, the energy of sound brought things into existance!

Of course as mentioned already, vocal mantras are very important and as I am sure your already know, it's been proven that sound can have either a positive or negative effect on humans and even inanimate objects.

Below is the effect of sound on rice!

youtu.be...
edit on 9/8/12 by Gnobody because: Don't know how to embed!

edit on 9/8/12 by Gnobody because: (no reason given)

top topics

join