It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollow Moon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I've read somewhere that our Moon is hollow! Convincing arguments have been put forth including one that says that probably it is a huge artificial satellite put into orbit by a civilization millions of years ago! Wow! That sounds like hard core science fiction. But perhaps could it be true.....?? Looking for answers!!

[edit on 11-10-2004 by mikesingh]

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   
You may get some information from the following threads.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Wasn't one of Mars' moons also supposed to be hollow, or in any case extremely light? Think it was Phobos, I'm not sure, though.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
you may find clementine photos helpful, i saw one taken of southern pole region of the moon that may lend credence to the hollow theory. sorry i don't recall the link. interestingly enough there is a photo on the cover of an old rand mcnally atlas that has a very curious depiction of the northern polar region of the earth, mostly cloudless, that appeared to me to have a giant opening. i'll see if i can find some linx.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
I've read somewhere that our Moon is hollow! Convincing arguments have been put forth including one that says that probably it is a huge artificial satellite put into orbit by a civilization millions of years ago! Wow! That sounds like hard core science fiction. But perhaps could it be true.....?? Looking for answers!!

[edit on 11-10-2004 by mikesingh]

Dude, I heard it was made of cheese to attract space mice.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
You may get some information from the following threads.

Thanks! That was helpful.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cyborgwitch
Wasn't one of Mars' moons also supposed to be hollow, or in any case extremely light? Think it was Phobos, I'm not sure, though.

Yeah, I recognize that as well. I even think it was Carl Sagan and a russian scientist who proposed that idea though I might remember wrong.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   
i recall reading something called OUR MYSTERIOUS SPACESHIP MOON by two soviet guys [astronauts?] . it set forth what i thought were persuasive arguments supporting the hollow moon theory.

even if it's all lunacy
and the moon is solid, i still believe there are immense voids deep within it.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I'm re-reading this book and it has a good overview of the Moon-is-a-spaceship/station thing. Interesting read.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by NaturalManiac

Yeah, I recognize that as well. I even think it was Carl Sagan and a russian scientist who proposed that idea though I might remember wrong.

Uhm... no, it's not extremely light and no, Sagan didn't propose that. I don't think it has any support at all in the scientific community. I've seen it as the "plot" of some fiction but no credible evidence.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
The idea was that the moon is not as dense as was to be expected, and that it's apparently denser at the outer layers (crust) than the interior regions. (mantle) This is what supposedly gave rise to the hollow moon theory.

[edit on 13-10-2004 by Der Kapitan]

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Originally posted by NaturalManiac

Uhm... no, it's not extremely light and no, Sagan didn't propose that. I don't think it has any support at all in the scientific community. I've seen it as the "plot" of some fiction but no credible evidence.

Actually Byrd, an astronomer some 60 years ago proposed the idea that Mars's moon(s? how many moons does mars have??) might be artificial because they were much too light. Then the same guy debunked his own theory a couple years later, after checking his results. I think it was an error in his calculations/observations. Forget his name though... couldn't have been Sagan though....

EDIT: I think it was a Russian Astonomer

[edit on 13-10-2004 by sardion2000]

[edit on 13-10-2004 by sardion2000]

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
Actually Byrd, an astronomer some 60 years ago proposed the idea that Mars's moon(s? how many moons does mars have??) might be artificial because they were much too light. Then the same guy debunked his own theory a couple years later, after checking his results. I think it was an error in his calculations/observations. Forget his name though... couldn't have been Sagan though...

Mars has two moons, Phobos and Demios. Both are irregularly shaped, non-spherical moons. Most astronomers think they were asteroids from the asteroid belt that got trapped in Mars' orbit as they flew by it long ago.

top topics

join