It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Earthquakes in Southern Cali in the past 14 hours

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Well I am from Tornado Alley and lived there for 36 years. There is a big difference between a Tornado, Hurricane, or thunderstorm and an Earthquake You normally have some warning bad weather is on the way heck a hurricane you have days. Here yeah a big one is coming but when??? Also you said the last "big one" was in 1989, you must not be in So Cali but up north our last big one was 1994 Northridge.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Can't agree with this more honestly. I've been in California most of my life and I'd prefer the rare earthquakes over the yearly tornado and hurricane seasons which last for months that other parts of the country get. They cause so much more property damage and death over time than earthquakes. I am moving to the east coast soon and I know I'm going to start missing the calm, sunny, dry California desert pretty fast. The big one could hit tomorrow, it could hit in 50 years, nobody knows. I'll take that chance over living in tornado alley any day.

Edit: I realize maybe this makes me sound naive because I haven't lived in tornado alley. All I know is from the stories I read and see on TV, and I can't fathom what it must be like to lose your home, rebuild, and lose it again to another tornado a year or two later. Perhaps the risk is a lot lower than it seems to someone who's never lived there. After all, we tend to fear the unknown more than the familiar.
edit on 8/9/2012 by TMG333 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Any SoCals need an escape I have an extra room in Norcal

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by kurthall

Whoops, you are right. You "southern" rock and rollers have had one two. My bad...

You normally have some warning bad weather is on the way heck a hurricane you have days. Here yeah a big one is coming but when???

Blink and you'll miss it.

As far as warning, if I lived in tornado country I would spit bricks every time I heard a little thunder or hail. If it was night time, I'd be in fits thinking a tornado was almost upon me. How many nights in those thirty six years did you spend in shelters? Here shelters are for after earthquakes.
edit on 9-8-2012 by intrptr because: additional...

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TMG333

All I know is from the stories I read and see on TV,

Uh huh, same here. We are formed by the all seeing eye. And our fears are proof. Back east they are like, oooh... bad earthquakes, and on the west coast we are like, oooh... bad tornados. I am glad that we can cancel each others fears.

Long live the internet...

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

The truth in "tornado alley", when the tornado sirens sound, everyone gets out on their front porch, or yard, to see if a tornado is coming.

I guess I'd feel a little differnet if I lived in OK, or KS, but I live in WI. All the nieghbors come out and look.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by onewithall
If you look at the earthquake reports, there have been tons of them happening within the past few days. After reading that thread about huge quakes/tsunamis potentially happening soon, I'm definitely a little freaked out. I sincerely hope nothing happens, but I have a weird feeling.

I've lived in LA for 10 years now and have never been as freaked out as I am right now. However, everything shall happen as it is supposed to happen. Here's to hoping we'll be alright!

Much love,
OnewithAll

Don't be !!

All this hype about HAARP is getting old and thats what those predictions were about. HAARP being used to trigger massive EQ's.

Looking at the real time interactive HAARP map, dose show the Cali area in a red zone, but it is a coincidence.

Do you really thiunk TPTB would make it that obvious, by letting people see the coroloation. Just some tin foil hat wearing people who make claims that have no solid foundation, so don't worry.

Hell, a 9.5 in Sydeny Australia...

Never gunna happen, due to the actual geology of the region (something Mr Coombs should have researched before making a total tosser of himself by predicting it).

Cali has EQ swarms all the time and these are not a build-up to anything big or special. Well, actually they are, but niot on the predicted timeline. Cali will sink into the sea on its own time, not some government weapons or on the prediction of a nut job.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Please see this site : jessicacaracciolo.wordpress.com...

She is predicting the same as Mitchell Coombes

Anyone know something about this?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Tianmat

I like the part where she says "millions of lives lost" and then comes back a few lines down and says "feels like 13,500". I think somebody just wants attention. Good read though! I will go ahead and keep my eyes open on the 17th, just in case ya know?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Our cat slept through the one that happened at night. She remained utterly inert on the floor like wet laundry.

So much for thinking she might be useful as an early warning alarm.

Worthless cat.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by guavas

I'm hearing dogs are much better for that. Such a shame, I'm a cat person with a fear of dogs.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
umm so I went outside this morning before sunrise and there was already a "sun" or light behind some clouds so I looked around and saw the moon was out also no big deal right so i think to my self maybe Iv'e missed sunrise then a few mins later the sun comes over the horizon and the other "sun" or light is still just as bright on the oposite side of the sunrise WTF!? could that have something to do with all this crazy weather? I wasn't quite sure were to put this info and I really didn't want to make a thread so I commented on the most relevant one I could find..Alright ats please tell me something?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by HumanitiesLastHope
umm so I went outside this morning before sunrise and there was already a "sun" or light behind some clouds so I looked around and saw the moon was out also no big deal right so i think to my self maybe Iv'e missed sunrise then a few mins later the sun comes over the horizon and the other "sun" or light is still just as bright on the oposite side of the sunrise WTF!? could that have something to do with all this crazy weather? I wasn't quite sure were to put this info and I really didn't want to make a thread so I commented on the most relevant one I could find..Alright ats please tell me something?

Do people know what the moon is doing now? As in new moon over there, and at the same time the closest proximity to Earth (Supermoon)..These things might trigger such an Earthquake.
Any people living in San Fransisco?..always seen that as my second home, hate to see it ruined or in another state as i know it....

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I'm in Montana, where we get little quakes sometimes.

Anyway, the neighborhood dogs have been barking more than usual yesterday and this morning. Horses seem restless, and the sky has taken on an odd peach color throughout the mornings into early afternoons, and at evening again.

When we had a 5.0 in our area a year ago after the Japan quake, I noticed this same exact behavior in the animals and the color in the sky.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tianmat
Please see this site : jessicacaracciolo.wordpress.com...

She is predicting the same as Mitchell Coombes

Anyone know something about this?

Listen to this! She made an updated vlog about this, and mentions today, the 9th. I hope she is wrong.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchildren

When the horses and dogs start running, try to keep up...

edit on 9-8-2012 by Foppezao because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Foppezao
reply to post by Starchildren

When the horses and dogs start running, try to keep up...

edit on 9-8-2012 by Foppezao because: (no reason given)

All of my life, I have watched animal behavioral patterns centered around quakes. As a girl i grew up in Alaska and could tell by how our animals acted before a quake was coming. I'm not saying all animals are great indicators of this, but many are and it's really interesting to observe over time.

I was going to say, I used to live near SF and I miss it quite a lot!

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by bastet11

Yes!!! I get those once in a blue moon and I had one yesterday morning and then again in the afternoon. It is such a weird feeling! You explained it perfectly! I emailed a friend of mine to tell him because last time I had that feeling there was an earthquake. So sure enough the earthquake in Cali. My family lives in So Cal and I lived there as a child and spent most my summers there. They have been talking about the big one since I was a little girl. About 1 year ago, my cousin called me to ask for my address because her daughters school wanted to make sure everyone had somewhere safe to go in case the big one comes. Also triple digit temps in So Cal aren't unusual in the summer. I remember it getting to 113 in July when I was young.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
i have family in vacation at a North Carolina beach
receive a call from them saying the roads are full of water
there is massive flooding with continuous rain

if there is a big earthquake anywhere ..
the water is so high that it will bring the flooding very far in land

these earthquake are precursor signs of a big earthquake coming

I too live in North Carolina.... and monsoons are not at all uncommon this time of year, also accompanied by 'Fierce' thunderstorms and high winds at times. Coastal areas can be inundated quickly because the topography is very flat there. It only becomes hilly about 90 miles or so inland where we are talking an elevation of a couple hundred feet. But the east coast is so forested that any tsunami or tidal high water events would be quickly buffeted as they moved inland do th the trees and undergrowth. Plus the ocean current comes from the south, up the coast from Florida and the Caribbean. Don't think YOU have much to worry about with your relatives, it's likely just flooded streets, with maybe just a few inches. No bodys traveling inland in row boats....lol...

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Foppezao

Originally posted by Foppezao

Originally posted by HumanitiesLastHope

Do people know what the moon is doing now? As in new moon over there, and at the same time the closest proximity to Earth (Supermoon)..These things might trigger such an Earthquake.
Any people living in San Fransisco?..always seen that as my second home, hate to see it ruined or in another state as i know it....

I'll tell you what the moon is doing its activating lol idk

but in all seriousness the weather all around the world has been getting really wild 2012 perhaps?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join