It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran vs. USA in one picture

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

All of that is true, but they are treading on thin ice to agree to NPT inspections, and then thwart them in an effort at misdirection and suspense. I've no problem with whatever they want to develop, and I've no problem with keeping people guessing - but not at the expense of breaking your word.

if they just back out of the NPT, it's all good and they can go wild with development or keeping folks guessing, and it's all good. Barring that, beezzers idea of open inspections in compliance with the NPT is the only honorable alternative if they're going to keep throwing out the indicators that something is going on, whether it is or not.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Then we can only hope that rational people do nothing to start any war. I don't want a war. I don't endorse a war. I'm pretty darned sick of war. I can only hope that others feel the same way.

Salam.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

No one wants a war Beezer! No one...

except the United States government, imho.

We have got to let other countries do what is best for their own people, or we will find war.... I dont want to make it so people have no choice BUT to go to war, and that is what the US is currently doing.

wa salaam!

edit on 14-8-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I know, great isn't it? We've got a pretty nice track record for fing people up.

America has been a stabilizing factor in the modern world. People may find this out one day.

I'm all for America now backing out of our leadership roll. Let the rest of the world suffer dictators. USA can handle her own.
edit on 15-8-2012 by Chargeit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by maes2
reply to post by SplitInfinity

I know that you are concern about human rights or democracy in Iran but they look at the world approximately from different viewpoint.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
moreover with two government and two military system ! it's safety factor is high, history shows that overthrowing and coup in Iran is like splitting an infinity.

The Old Guard as well as the Older Population may have a different view but the 70% of the Iranian Population...that is Under the Age of 30 Years Old is Computer Savvy and this young 70% are using Smart Phones to Pierce Iranian Government installed INTERNET FILTERS to use Social Internet Sites to both communicate as well as receive information from the outside world and ESPECIALLY information from a very large Iranian American Population in the U.S. that numbers close to or over 1 MILLION PEOPLE.

This Young Generation of Iranians has NO INTEREST in the World Views of their Old Religious Guard and wants TRUE DEMOCRACY as well as Western Style Rights for the Iranian People. Split Infinity

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB
reply to post by beezzer

No one wants a war Beezer! No one...

except the United States government, imho.

We have got to let other countries do what is best for their own people, or we will find war.... I dont want to make it so people have no choice BUT to go to war, and that is what the US is currently doing.

wa salaam!

edit on 14-8-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

The last time the United States allowed countries to do "what was best for their own people" resulted in some little spats called World War I and World war II and an attempt to force the world to speak German and Japanese. Lets not forget the Cold War either where had we allowed countries to "do what was best" for their own people would have resulted in a lot more people speaking Cyrillic.

People seem to miss the concept that a Government that was not installed by its people donest neccisarily speak for their people.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

People seem to miss the concept that a Government that was not installed by its people donest neccisarily speak for their people.
Will lets see what a Gov "elected" by the people, does for the people.

Shall we ?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
the main problem between Iran and USA is here ! who was she!?

"""I should at least mention that I am also discovering a degree of strength and of basic ability for humans to remain human in the direst of circumstances – which I also haven’t seen before. I think the word is dignity. I wish you could meet these people. Maybe, hopefully, someday you will."""
- in an email to her mother
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

the main problem between Iran and USA is here ! who was she!?

She's someone who didn't even have the horse sense to stay out of the way of a bulldozer. You gotta be pretty sheltered to not know that the bulldozer will always win.

I remember back during the 80's how a group of know everything college kids were protesting a local military base's storage of nuclear weapons. They all sat on the train tracks outside the base locked arm in arm singing John Lennon songs and praising peace, love, and harmony, and all that...and then a train came out of the base and squished them all like they weren't even there. The trainmen tried to stop the train in time, but physics had other ideas.

I'm all for political activism and working for the causes that you believe in, but jeez, THAT is just plain dumb as a bag of hammers stupid. These people committed suicide, as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoodOlDave
She's someone who didn't even have the horse sense to stay out of the way of a bulldozer. You gotta be pretty sheltered to not know that the bulldozer will always win.

I just wanted to show that there is a big problem in occupied lands. the occupiers are not what you think they are !
the zhionism leaders have many programs to satanicaly conquest the world. they are not concerned about any race or religion or nation.
they are after USA, why!!! because it is corupt, weak or ... no of course no. because it is powerful and has many potentials. and they want to misuse that.
they are after Iran, why!!! because it is making nukes to aim Israel which will lead to ruin of Paletinians, Hezbullah, Syria and even Iran ! ... no of course no. just because it is not aligned with their anti_christic new world order.
and you used the word "horse". most likely you did not mean anything wrong unless It is an insult to humanity !

edit on 16-8-2012 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

and you used the word "horse". most likely you did not mean anything wrong unless It is an insult to humanity !

No, he didn't mean anything wrong against humanity in general. Some people as individuals, qualify. I used to drink. A lot. The horse I was riding had a better chance of finding it's way home than I did, because it had better sense than me.

It had "horse sense".

In general, I've got to agree with him. a 110 pound woman against a 5 ton bulldozer isn't ever going to come out in the person's favor. Most 110 pound people realize that, and act accordingly. Some never get it figured out, and they get taken out of the gene pool.

edit on 2012/8/17 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

this is exactly the difference between a horse and a human !
maybe she thought those racists would not kill an American peace activist. but they did.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

this is exactly the difference between a horse and a human !
maybe she thought those racists would not kill an American peace activist. but they did.

Racist - I don't know. I don't know enough about the dozer driver to make a determination of "racism". maybe the driver was, maybe not. I can't say one way or the other, so I'll not apply that label in this case. I tend to take issue with the label of "peace activist" for Ms. Corrie, however. She picked a side in a war and stood to it. There's no fault in that, but call it what it is. A "peace activist" would have been working for peace, not choosing sides.

people kill people every day. Those who think it can't happen, that either they are invincible or "the other guy" wouldn't dare, very often get surprised, much to their own detriment. You're right though - a horse would have had more sense. It would have moved to avoid getting killed.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
Racist - I don't know. I don't know enough about the dozer driver to make a determination of "racism". maybe the driver was, maybe not. I can't say one way or the other, so I'll not apply that label in this case. I tend to take issue with the label of "peace activist" for Ms. Corrie, however. She picked a side in a war and stood to it. There's no fault in that, but call it what it is. A "peace activist" would have been working for peace, not choosing sides.
people kill people every day. Those who think it can't happen, that either they are invincible or "the other guy" wouldn't dare, very often get surprised, much to their own detriment. You're right though - a horse would have had more sense. It would have moved to avoid getting killed.

you have a good sense of humor but I was not speaking about a driver and you know it well !

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by maes2

If you would be so kind as to explain why you believe it was a racist incident, I may be persuaded to reconsider. Do you believe it is so because a semite killed a caucasian for being a caucasian? Are there aggravating circumstances that would make it an actual racist incident? Was Ms Corrie there to make a racial statement for which she was killed?

Give me something to consider it to have been a racist incident, and I will reconsider.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

She was there to prevent demolishing of Palestinians homes. I am not saying that racism is the base of Israel. UN is saying ! I can not remember the exact number but I think USA has vetoed over ten resolutions against Israel by the subject of racism or act against humanity. and their media just say Israel is a country for poor jews ! it is true that some of jews are living in Israel. but those behind Israel are not jews.
I expected more from Americans. I did not know that they would compare one of themselves with a horse !

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

She was there to prevent demolishing of Palestinians homes. I am not saying that racism is the base of Israel. UN is saying ! I can not remember the exact number but I think USA has vetoed over ten resolutions against Israel by the subject of racism or act against humanity. and their media just say Israel is a country for poor jews ! it is true that some of jews are living in Israel. but those behind Israel are not jews.

Judaism is not a race. Zionism is not a race. Where then does racism enter the equation?

So you do admit that she was there interfering in the business of others, "preventing the demolition" of someone else's home. How is it that racism enters that? Just looks like being meddlesome from here, and that frequently gets people in trouble. It's no different than the US's misguided efforts at "nation building" in other people's business. Meddling is meddling.

You're taking the wrong direction citing UN resolutions to me. I don't care anything at all about UN resolutions, whether they pertain to Iran, Israel, the US, or China. The UN is pretty much useless as far as I'm concerned. Treaties are a different matter. Regardless of the "sponsor" of a treaty, what matters is who agrees to it. UN involvement won't change that at all. A man, or an entire nation, are only as good as their word. The US has broken plenty of treaties, but that doesn't make it OK for someone else to break their promises - it doesn't even make it OK for the US to do so, just because it has before.

I expected more from Americans. I did not know that they would compare one of themselves with a horse !

It's an expression, not a comparison, but I AM acquainted with some people, Americans and otherwise, of whom it could be fairly said that a horse has more sense than they do. Individuals are individuals. Simply being an American doesn't confer any magical qualities of intelligence on any particular individual. Do you think all Iranians are in lock step with your own view of the world? Same goes for Americans - it takes all kinds.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

well ok. I think the meaning of devotion died with Rachel Corrie too. USA is better to give it's peace nobel prize to those zhionists one by one, including AIPAC. do not want they to give it to Bush!? he served Israel the best !

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

well ok. I think the meaning of devotion died with Rachel Corrie too. USA is better to give it's peace nobel prize to those zhionists one by one, including AIPAC. do not want they to give it to Bush!? he served Israel the best !

Devotion to what?

As far as I'm concerned, the best thing the US could do for world peace would be to let the rest of the world sort out their own problems, and just stay home, and keep our money/weapons/charity/foreign aid, and all the like, here too. Just seal up our borders, stay in the house, and let the rest of the world have at it.

I've not heard anything about giving the Nobel Prize to Bush, but I do recall that it was given to Obama before he had a chance to do anything at all, either good or bad. In light of that, I'm not sure what value that prize has any more, or what it's supposed to mean.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
IRAN in one statement.....

"Israel considers Iran an existential threat because of its nuclear and missile programs, support for radical anti-Israel groups on its borders and repeated references by Iranian leaders to Israel's destruction. Ahmadinejad himself has repeatedly made such calls, as has Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei."

"Iran has warned it would hit back at Israel if it is attacked, also threatening to strike at American interests in the region."

So peaceful Iran wants Israel eliminated from the Earth. Its' the ONLY reason they want nuclear capability. And if Israel tries to defend itself with a preemptive strike........Iran will also attack the USA !

Yep, real peaceful attitude with all that talk of wiping out a single race because they hate them so much wouldn't you think?

I'd be safer facing an Israeli with a gun than an Iranian with a rock, with words spouting from their hearts such as that which comes from the President of Iran himself.
edit on 17-8-2012 by pacifier2012 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join