It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans will go after Obama's College Records:

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
Hopefully this whole situation will force people to open their eyes and realize that in the past few decades there have been few people running who are even worth voting for. I cannot believe anyone is considering voting for Romney or Obama. They are both puppets, and if Romney wins, whatever plan is in store for America will come crashing in with impunity. But the same is true of Obama. Neither deserve a vote.

Of course his records are sealed. Those who backed him knew his oratory skills were enough to captivate many Americans, especially after Bush, who just couldn't hack it in that department. Therefore they knew they could get away with it. It wasn't even that big of a gamble, and obviously whoever put him in power has lots of high connections. Nothing can be found on Obama, for the most part, and this is because he must have had a team of people covering his tracks. He just appeared out of thin air after serving the government for how long?

Don't you people see that it doesn't matter if a democrat or a republican is in office? It is all about the ability to compromise, and the abilities of the person holding the office. I wouldn't want anyone in office who would hold strictly to a rigid set of ideals, because the world is constantly changing. I would want someone who is honest and loyal and who cares about the people. Romney and Obama both don't, although it isn't obvious to all. I don't want someone who is loyal to a party or lobbyists...I don't want someone who MUST pay favors back. This is both Obama and Romney.

This is exactly why we need Ron Paul.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Mitt Romney's odyssey of the Tax Returns started by Harry Reid claiming "someone" "somewhere" from Mitt's past with Bain Capital 'reported' he hadn't been paying his taxes.

No it didn't...you are just 100% wrong.

The issue of his Tax Returns were an issue in the Primary and has been an issue for the past month AT LEAST with the Obama campaign.

It's not going away...this is something that can lose Romney the election. We all know he is hiding something...even republicans are saying he is hiding something. So what we know is that whatever it is he is hiding, it is more damaging than him looking really bad by refusing to release his tax returns.

But for some reason...that group of people that are out for the truth...the Birthers...are strangely quiet about Romney not releasing his Tax returns when all candidates in modern history have released theirs. They were just out for the truth...right???

Okay, so say he is hiding something - Are you saying that Barry,er Obama is hiding something as well?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by googolplex
reply to post by Darkrunner

From what I have read Obama is no genius with a IQ of 116.
He's not stupid, but he's not that smart.

I gather he's smarter than George Bush Jr., so he gets a pass to be president.

However, Jimmy Carter was one of the most brilliant presidents, yet he only got one term. Go figure !

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by dogstar23

...and if such a secret were in his Columbia College record, there would be an awful lot of people who would have to be hushed up...not just this one fame-seeker and his "gut feelings."

That's what I've been saying... a college record is a piss-poor place to hide something. Anyone who works at Columbia's registrar's office for the past 29 years could have accessed that record.

The claim it's hiding some great secret is pure ridiculousness.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure you answered your own question.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321

Originally posted by MrSpad
Now we have "gut instinct" as a source. Brilliant.

May be gut instinct, but if obama didn't have anything to hide why did he order his records sealed? It's allready been brought up that President Bush had a C average, is obama afraid that people'll see he's an F? D?

Psst, he didnt order them sealed.

How many times does this have to be explained?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkrunner

Originally posted by spoor

Originally posted by Darkrunner
I've often wondered why the big cover-up about Obama's college transcripts.

Why have you sealed yours? What are you covering up?

Never said his collegiate grades were sealed. Just wondering why no one is allowed to see them. I know Bush was a mediocre student at best I'm just wondering how good Obama's grades were as a genius of law and the constitution.
edit on 8-8-2012 by Darkrunner because: (no reason given)

There's nothing wrong with wondering what his grades were, but they are private records. None of us have any right to see them, and he is under no obligation to release them.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Meh. Romney probably just has a half million dollar credit line at the Mormon Sacred Underwear store... (Actually, Max Keiser said he won't release his taxes because they will prove by virtue of all the interest money he's made that he has to be a billionaire, otherwise the numbers don't work).

While you all are trying to discern the lesser of two evils, would you please take a moment out of your day to check out Gary Johnson, who will be on the ballot in all 50 states and who seems to have no closeted skeletons, is considered honest to a fault and was called by GQ magazine, 'perhaps the sanest man running for President'. Of course this was back when the likes of Bachmann, Cain, Santorum, Perry and Gingrich were all getting their two weeks of fame.

Funny how the MSM continues to almost completely ignore a stable viable candidate with eight years of governorship experience, and unlike Romney, is still well liked in his home state. If you want to know the true depths of the Republican National Committee's depraved ability to manipulate the electoral process, look at what they did to Gary Johnson in a cynically craven effort to give you Mitt as your 'only' choice if you want Obama out of office.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agoyahtah

Originally posted by googolplex
reply to post by Darkrunner

From what I have read Obama is no genius with a IQ of 116.
He's not stupid, but he's not that smart.

I gather he's smarter than George Bush Jr., so he gets a pass to be president.

However, Jimmy Carter was one of the most brilliant presidents, yet he only got one term. Go figure !

I work regularly with people with Mensa-level IQs (top 2% of the population or about 135 and above IQ). Obama is right up there. If the reported IQ is from an actual test, it might reflect his earlier years and the Indonesian and Hawaiian schools he went to. There's demographic, economic and language issues with all IQ testing. Carter was a nuclear engineer and spent his Naval career on board a nuclear sub. I considered him a thoughtful and honorable man who was hounded out of the Presidency by a corrupt Republican-controlled media. Reagan was a lightweight who looked good on camera and read lines well but a dupe to his advisers who were really the ones running things (mostly GHWB). Even W Bush was rather bright, if an ass, as a young man but his years of drinking and coc aine use really showed later on. Eight years in office and he was really showing the stress of the position, lack of sleep, and precipitous mental deterioration. Compare videos of him in his 30s to now, the difference is startling.
edit on 9-8-2012 by signalfire because: typo

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelMarvel
reply to post by thrustbucket

So you want to limit the highest elected office in the land to only those who can past muster with the secret police?

Oh, I think asking that the President of the United States be fit to at least pass the same security check the cooks and toilet washers in the White House must pass just to walk through the gate is perfectly reasonable.

I was horrified to learn in 2008 that no one...anywhere..not ONE PERSON actually has the job in this Government of verifying a single thing about a Candidate for the Presidency. The Political Parties certify them as qualified and that's that. Anything else, they give by tradition or because they feel generous..not because they're required to in relation to the few very simple requirements the job does have.

I don't give a hoot either way about Obama if he isn't re-elected. It's far too late now regardless of the truth, and honestly, if he loses this election..some eligibility questions may BE better left to historians to sort out. Re-election makes it all very important again though...and yeah.... almost everything he has frequently fought in court, at his own expense at times, to HIDE is the very basics a security check would require just to walk into the building he's living in.

@Mandella

My basic point is that while either are hiding anything about themselves (not family..THEM..personally) they have NO right to bitch about other people not giving something up. Romney has released 2010 and 2011 Tax returns. 2 years is customary prior to election and he's not even the official candidate. Not quite yet.

edit on 9-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Proof he went to Columbia???

Not!!! LOL...

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Originally posted by DelMarvel
reply to post by thrustbucket

So you want to limit the highest elected office in the land to only those who can past muster with the secret police?

Oh, I think asking that the President of the United States be fit to at least pass the same security check the cooks and toilet washers in the White House must pass just to walk through the gate is perfectly reasonable.

I was horrified to learn in 2008 that no one...anywhere..not ONE PERSON actually has the job in this Government of verifying a single thing about a Candidate for the Presidency. The Political Parties certify them as qualified and that's that. Anything else, they give by tradition or because they feel generous..not because they're required to in relation to the few very simple requirements the job does have.

I don't give a hoot either way about Obama if he isn't re-elected. It's far too late now regardless of the truth, and honestly, if he loses this election..some eligibility questions may BE better left to historians to sort out. Re-election makes it all very important again though...and yeah.... almost everything he has frequently fought in court, at his own expense at times, to HIDE is the very basics a security check would require just to walk into the building he's living in.

@Mandella

My basic point is that while either are hiding anything about themselves (not family..THEM..personally) they have NO right to bitch about other people not giving something up. Romney has released 2010 and 2011 Tax returns. 2 years is customary prior to election and he's not even the official candidate. Not quite yet.

edit on 9-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

Obama has no right to bitch at Romney about the tax returns, but Obama is also not fighting to "hide" things - he's fighting frivilous lawsuits brought by nutjobs that are trying to get records that they have no right to see in the first place.

As far as who has the job to check out his eligibility for office in the first place ... while Congress has come out and said that they are completely satisfied with Obama's eligibility, I WOULD actually like to see a more formal vetting process in place. Not that I think we currently have an eligibility problem, but it would ensure that there are far fewer questions about these things in the future.

<< 5  6  7   >>

join