It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anything You Want...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

That's up Nemis street

@Saddam, that Sarahs hilarious lol

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

This is a True Statement and I quote you:

China has/will be the biggest economy, and so will be striving to make all the business investments it can. I think logically the west should be changing its strategy to counter act this, but its seems our goverments and corporations are on another planet from the rest of the world.

As you can read by our profile my husband made, I'm Chinese, Born and Raised.
The Chinese Central Committee has a plan and the Chinese Children of today and the past 15 years have been Educated in the ways of Western Business Practice and weakness.

The average Child attends school six days a week 10 hours a day and English and Japanese are a large part of their learning experiences.
If you are tested out and have a natural talent for Accounting or Business or lets say Law, you'll be taught the way a westerner thinks and works.
I was tested out as having a natural ability for the Medical Field and Mathematics.
Those where the courses I was assigned to take in College and the University and I, Like all students in China are pushed to Excel and Achieve the best Grades Average you can, anything below a 3.0 is often considered Failure and that is another reason you read or hear about so many Chinese Students commenting Suicide.

Anyway, I have bored you and others here long enough, I meant to say this Chinese Children taught at an Early Age To be The Best they Can Be, To further the goals of the Central Committee as a World Economical World Power.

edit on 7-8-2012 by guohua because: spelling

edit on 7-8-2012 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Wow. I really appreciate that input, it wasn't boring

And that's the difference between the west and the east, the east actually care for their population, and utilise people to their full extent.

I look forward to hearing more of your input.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Thank you.
If you'd like to hear more,,,, So be it!
My uncles Grand Child a 4th grade student, my Grand-Niece, spends 9 hours a day at school, sometimes spending 12 hours a day in school.
She has to get up early for piano lessons on Saturday if not in school studying and Sunday morning, followed by private tutoring in Math and English in the afternoon.
Some thing to remember, Chinese students are put under ever-increasing pressure by their parents to study hard due to the country's highly competitive market for university places and jobs.

I can tell you of a girl I know back when i was in school, That committed suicide after failing to pass the entrance exam for a respected senior high school. She was not the only person I've known to feel like they are total Failures to include being Embarrassed and feeling they have brought Shame on their Families and have Committed Suicide.

My uncle will tell you, He knows his Grand-Daughter doesn't get enough sleep or playtime, he'll also tell you, they have no other choice, if she gives up now and doesn't study hard, she will regret it as her future will be lost. This is what they think.

The all important, Entrance Exam, Summer vacation is generally spent in summer classes or studying for entrance exams. Your's and your Families place in Chinese Society depends on how you Score.

That's enough,,,,,, Every ones just how important a good education is,,,,,,,,, China Knows You Can Control The Worlds Economic Future With The Right Dedicated Citizens in The Right Place.

What is known in China as The June 4th. Incident and you know it as Tiananmen Square in 1989, the protest by Chinese students to abandoned Maoist-style plan of collectivist economics, and embraced market-oriented reforms. Which was the right thing to do,,,,, I was there and I belonged to the Communist Party and I was Ashamed of the Protesters. My Indoctrination into the Maoist Mind Set Had Been Complete, I was Schooled in the teaching of Mao and to this day, I still have my Poems of Mao in My Little Red Book, I had to Memorized as a child and recite word for word when ever I was asked to by any Adult.
Again, the Chinese Mind Set and Our Willingness to Be The Best.

edit on 7-8-2012 by guohua because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-8-2012 by guohua because: spelling

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Israel is an abomination. You are so damn correct ,you win a prize, S&F for you dear girl. An abomination of Biblical proportions.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Thank you. I have read of Dr. Rosin and what Werner Von Braun told her, and showed her. I created a well researched thread on part of the Space Based Weapons System back in 09.
Skynet and Cyberdyne are real, and they equal trouble
Sine that time, I have seen and heard more and more about weapons in Space, and to me, there is not a doubt that a sophisticated computer controlled weapons are in Orbit right now. What I do not know is which direction the weapons are pointed, up at the ETs, or down at us?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Thats so eye opening. I feel that its important to strive to be the best that you can be, and clearly thats what motivates the Chinese eduction system, and yet... Do they take it to far? Well, they do, if failing an exam leads to suicide...

Your indroctrination into Maoism is most interesting,

Do you feel more "free" In America than that in China?
Do you feel changes could be made in China for the betterment of the populace?

And is there anything in particular you dont like about the US of A?

Many Thanks

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Hello My Friend from the UK.
To answer some of your questions as best as I can. I hope you find this interesting.
Chinese eduction system :

Do they take it to far?

YES! If you look at pictures of every day Chinese at work or Holiday, How many are smiling?
I should ask, how many of the 30 and over are smiling? their life growing up to be a Productive Chinese Citizen to the Party was Hard.
Long hours of work and Very Possibly ( and this still happens today ) not get paid for 3 or 4 months.
My brother, ( remember we were born before the 1978 one child policy ) has worked for the same Very Large furniture manufacturing company for 15 years and very often he'll go without pay for 6 months.
There's No Law in China Stating When and how often your employer has to pay you.

In China, Education more or less determines your place in the Chinese Social Society, what kind of apartment you are issued and in what part of the city, your hours of work and most important, what schools your child may attend.
Yes, in the last 10 years much as changed in China, we now have a growing middle class that can afford to purchase a apartment ( condo ) instead of being issued a home by the Committee.
And that middle class is due to German, Japanese and American Businesses opening in China and pay a Living YES, In China that Is A Living Wage and Better!
Of-Course, if you don't have a good Education, there really is no Welfare,,,, you're assigned a job a Street Sweeper (that's with a large Broom ) or outside Latrine ( Outhouse ) Cleaner, you have to buy your own gloves and face mask or do the job without!

Your indroctrination into Maoism is most interesting,

Started at a Very young Age. I will attach a copy of my New Red Book i bought before marring my husband.

I am often amazed to read or listen to people in America Complain about carrying some form of I. D..
This is just a fact of life in China, with out your Papers and or Travel Documents, you could be arrested.
That's correct, any Soldier, Officer or even your teacher or boss could ask for you to prove your Identity.
Yes, there's a Law in China and it States: Leaving “home” without your residency permit and / or passport is illegal.
Yes, it happens.

Lets talk a moment about living together, Not being married.
Yes, you can go to jail! My husband and I after we were married was advised by the local Public Security Bureau officer to post behind class a copy of our marriage certificate on our front door so our neighbors would no not to call them!

How about our freedom of speech? Do not, Real-time blogging of protests or other police activities, Take pictures of military exercises, crime scenes or police activities, Mouth off or being generally uncooperative with a Public Security Bureau officer and Openly criticizing China’s government, politics and/or leadership, You Will Go To Jail and NO,,,, There is No One Phone Call or Lawyer!

Do you feel more "free" In America than that in China?

YES, YES, YES

The Only Documents I need on my person at any giving time is my Drivers Licence and we can travel any where at any time in the United States of America without travel documents and or special permission and if you're a law abiding citizen, you don't need to register with the Local Police or the Local Communist Party Head Quarters.

Most people don't know what it is to Really Feel Free and Understand What it Took and How Many Good Men and Women Gave Their Lives So Some One Can Trash and Talk S#it about the Country you live in today.
I don't know anyone in America that can remember a day without a TV!!!
My family and friends did not see a TV until 1989 and only because one of our neighbors built one from the trash throw out from the Communist Party Building he worked at.
The only TV program was Government controlled for 4 hours a day. The apartment building we lived in has I was growing up, ( now remember, my mother and father were University Professors ) was one of the nicer apartments issued by the Government.
We had 3 floors and only stairs, each floor had four (4) apartment and each apartments had four (4) rooms, Not Bedroom! The fifth (5th) room and each floor was the Community Kitchen and Bathroom.
One two burner gas stove ( we had gas most people had Coal stoves ) and One Toilet, sink and shower.
Life Was Good

Do you feel changes could be made in China for the betterment of the populace?

China is Changing and the western World Needs To Open their Eyes,,,,, Mao has been replaced with the mind set of Global Economic Control.

And is there anything in particular you dont like about the US of A?

Yes, Reality TV,,, it's all Fake!

I would like to Apologize to anyone that finds this to Boring. Life was not always a color TV and Smart Phone.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Your first hand exsperiences has been a real eye opener, I feel my problem has always been my tendancy to idealise the East, and view it through rose tinited glasses...

I mean, when I see Chinese tourists over here, they seem curious, genuinely interested, happy, and their enthusiasm is just infectious. Not to be mention certain aspects of the Chinese culture which is just fascinating and inspiring.

Your disciplined nature and excellence in all aspects, puts the rest of the world to shame..

Alas, that all must come at a cost, the cost of freedom and prosperity!

I can't believe there are no basic laws to enforce wages and working rights! I had always presumed, China must of advanced a little, if even just to accomadate basic laws such as these..

Thank you for posting the book, and the rest of your insight into the laws and regulations, as i say, im still shocked, as i really had just presumed those times had changed/improved, I didnt realise communist ways were still held so firmly.

Now I know why you guys make great tourists! You just simply enjoy being able to walk around freely! aha.

In heinze sight, I now feel as though I have taken many things for granted. How do you feel about us westerners currently protesting for MORE rights? Does that seem greedy or fair?

When jyou say China is changing... do you mean just economically? or on every scale including social structure? How do you think the life of an average Chinese person will be in 20 years time?

How do the Chinese feel about their country? You say alot of people are far from happy, will they do any thing to change this?

And indeed, China is such a secretive place, I've always admired/revered the country to being able to keep so many secrets..

Is google still barred over there? Are cencorship laws having an effect on the younger generations?

Sorry for asking you so much! aha

Sinny

ETA: Everbody hates American reality TV! lol.

Also, do you happen to know anything about the pyramids in China?

And how do you feel about the One Child Only rule?
edit on 9-8-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Thank you for posting the book, and the rest of your insight into the laws and regulations, as i say, im still shocked, as i really had just presumed those times had changed/improved, I didnt realise communist ways were still held so firmly.

You're very welcome.
Not so much Communist ways, more like,,, the Government control,,, You see each town, village, farming community and large city has their own local Communist Party Leaders that assure Dues to the party are collected and certain Party Rules are Strictly Followed.
Collective farms still give a very large portion to the Government and are allowed to keep a small portion for themselves. This has changed a little, now they are allowed to sell much of their crops at markets, But, They must pay their Party Dues.
The one child policy,,,,Major, Major mistake, But enforced to the point of forced abortions, fines and even prison. People need to understand, True Communist believe all is for the Greater Good of Mother China and you are Nothing but a Peasant being allowed to breath and live in the Mother and all you and your family are here for is to support the Mother and the Government. Hence,,,,, More than one child made it hard to feed the Nation from only the Collective farms.
Because of the work and long hours a farmer and his wife and one child worked in the fields, Collective farming families were often allowed to have and other child and they Hoped For a Boy Child ( stronger Back ) and girl newborns were often not registered and left to die.
The one child policy has been changed.

Young people today often believe that this form of Government makes all peoples Equal! WRONG!
For over fifty years, I'd say until at-lest 1995, There was not one class in China but only two class of peoples in China.
The worker and the people attached to the Communist Party as leaders friends and families and of-course High Ranking military.
Everyone else was there to support Mother China.
I've Gone On To Long On This,,,,, I'm Sorry.

Now I know why you guys make great tourists! You just simply enjoy being able to walk around freely! aha.

The Feeling of Freedom,,,There's nothing like it except your first born child. You should also note that these tourist you have seen. Has only been happening for the last 10 or 15 years. China has relaxed it travels laws to allow citizen that can show to the Government a Tight Bidding or a Need To Return to China the freedom to have a travel visa and only to approved countries, There are many countries to this day a Chinese Citizen cannot travel to.
Also, in the last 15 years, China has acquired a a Middle and Class and a Rich Chinese Citizen.
Yes, The peasants have learned and learned well!

How do the Chinese feel about their country? You say alot of people are far from happy, will they do any thing to change this?

They Love their Country, The generation of children born in the 80's are changing China.
China well be a Economic Power House, Do you remember a TV series Called Fire Fly or Serenity?
They population of the future spoke a mixture of Chinese and English,,,,,, I've told many of my Friends with young Children, Have your Child tutored in Mandarin Chinese, that is the way of the Economic Future.
Mandarin is the Chinese language spoken by the banking industry, high ranking military and most importantly the Central Committee in Beijing.

And indeed, China is such a secretive place, I've always admired/revered the country to being able to keep so many secrets..

YES, Don't get caught taking pictures of unauthorized areas to include military jets taking off or just passing over head or bases or protesters and a lot of other places, you'll end up in jail!
But of-course with time as the Old Die Out and the new take Over, this will change.

Is google still barred over there? Are cencorship laws having an effect on the younger generations?

Yes and only the Chinese version of Google is authorized. How many people on ATS are actually from China?
Yes, the young can communicate in English.

Also, do you happen to know anything about the pyramids in China?

No, Access to those Pyramids is controlled by the Central Government and only Highly Authorized personnel are allowed, So that is the reason TV and news papers don't get first hand accounts of what if really there.
You read only about things you have known about, they throw in a new statue or more poetry every 3 years or so.

And how do you feel about the One Child Only rule?

Hate IT!
I had to have an abortion after my daughter was born to me and my first husband, they thing put in an IUD because we were young and they said we could not control are Urges! The IUD was left in by law and now can not be removed with out major surgery. After 30 + yrs, Impossible to remove

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
One of our nation prides in China is our Music, our state sponsored musicians I think are very good.
Like all other arts and sciences in China, these musicians start to learn their chosen instruments at a very young age and continue with these form of education as long as they continue to be the Very Best They Can Be.

Their musical education is paid for mostly by that Central Committee. Their tours and concerts are sponsored by the Central Committee and their travel and time spent abroad is very closely monitored by handlers.
As a matter of fact, these girls have retired and a New 12 All Girl Band has taken their place.

Enough of music?
When I was a little girl in school back in the 60's and early 70's we had the Chinese Pride Parades, and we were all taught Anti American Chants and carried anti American signs and sang these songs and chants and carried signs.
I remember my teachers telling us how America was coming and they would bomb us and eat us make all the women Slaves.
My father told me that was all lies, he knew Americans in WWII and fought with them and knew they are good people and did not eat children. But I Must Never Tell ANYONE EVER He told me these things, they would take him away and we would be but in camps for re-education or worse things could happen.
I could see in my father and mothers eyes, they were very frighten.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Hey that's Nemi from Norway..... the coolest Goth chic ever!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join