It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul Not Given Role at Republican Convention

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Paul Not Given Role at Republican Convention

In a political move that defies logic, CNN is reporting that presidential challenger Ron Paul has not been asked to speak at the Republican National Convention in Tampa. Instead, the Romney team has invited Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, New Mexico Governor Susana Martinez and South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley. Former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee, Ohio Governor John Kasich, Arizona Senator John McCain and Florida Governor Rick Scott will also have prime time speaking roles.

www.dailypaul.com...
www.examiner.com...
politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

So personally I find this a mix of hilarious and predicable. but it's sure to rattle a bunch of Libertarian cages.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redskydelight

I see the thread has already been visited by one Ron Paul supporter.

LOL

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Are they scared to let him speak? I don't think anybody will be surprised by this.

The "Majestic 2" have been chosen already. Time to line up like good citizens and vote for those that were hand picked for us.

This makes me think the movie "A Few Good Men" where if Ron Paul is asked to speak "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH" will be raining down from the sky.

:shk: If he is no threat as they claim....why will they not let him speak?
edit on 8/7/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
Are they scared to let him speak? I figured this would happen.

The "Majestic 2" have been chosen already. Time to line up like good citizens and vote for those that were hand picked for us.

This makes me think the movie "A Few Good Men" where if Ron Paul is asked to speak "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH" will be raining down from the sky.

Paul has no RIGHT to speak.

He couldn't get out the vote and he lost. The rest is sour grapes by his small number of vocal supporters.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by longlostbrother

He couldn't get out the vote and he lost. The rest is sour grapes by his small number of vocal supporters.

Nowhere did I claim he had the RIGHT to speak. I was saying what would it have hurt to let him speak. As far as I know...it would not have hurt at all. That is the problem with all this political BS. All of them are out for themselves. Whenever possible members from both sides of the line should allow anyone to aid them in making this country a better place, or let them express their ideas. More people working together will find solutions faster. That is just common sense.

But no... that's never going to happen because nobody wants to share credit with anyone else or do anything to promote the ideas of an "opponent". There shouldn't be any opponents in reality. They should care about what they are going to do to help the country improve and not so much about wanting to be the only hero IMO.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Nowhere did I claim he had the RIGHT to speak. I was saying what would it have hurt to let him speak. As far as I know...it would not have hurt at all. That is the problem with all this political BS. All of them are out for themselves. Whenever possible members from both sides of the line should allow anyone to aid them in making this country a better place, or let them express their ideas. More people working together will find solutions faster. That is just common sense.

But no... that's never going to happen because nobody wants to share credit with anyone else or do anything to promote the ideas of an "opponent". There shouldn't be any opponents in reality. They should care about what they are going to do to help the country improve and not so much about wanting to be the only hero IMO.

You said, "why would they not let him speak?"

Why would they?

He's a fringe candidate with a very small base and a message that's incompatible with Romney's.

Why shoot themselves in the foot?

So some guy can blah blah blah about positions that Romney disagrees with (today)?

It's illogical.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Well this was incredibly stupid. Just stunningly. overwhelmingly stupid. I believe all so many asked for was Dr. Paul to have his moment to say whatever was on his mind at the Convention. He more than earned that. He absolutely did earn that much.

I'd say this sure alienated a whole block he didn't have to do this to....and it knocked a whole lot of people off the fence and not in his favor. Very low class.

edit on 7-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Well this was incredibly stupid. Just stunningly. overwhelmingly stupid. I believe all so many asked for was Dr. Paul to have his moment to say whatever was on his mind at the Convention. He more than earned that. He absolutely did earn that much.

I'd say this sure alienated a whole block he didn't have to do this to....and it knocked a whole lot of people off the fence and not in his favor. Very low class.

My point exactly. You worded it better than I did.
I think it would have been the smarter move...not the dumber one.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Obviously the only people that think he earned it are his supporters.

The RNC and the GOP have no love for the guy. He endlessly caused trouble during the primary and showed he cared more about himself than his party; no surprise from a guy who is only a Republican when it suits his agenda.

edit on 7-8-2012 by longlostbrother because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   

The RNC and the GOP have no love for the guy. He endlessly caused trouble during the primary and showed he cared more about himself than his party; no surprise from a guy who is only a Republican when it suits his agenda.

Most all of them there are only Republican when it suits their agenda. If they are judging by that, they should have felt right at home having him there.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Most all of them there are only Republican when it suits their agenda. If they are judging by that, they should have felt right at home having him there.

How many Republicans have stood for an election as a member of another party? What percentage?

How many have voted against the GOP as much as Paul?

And now he wants to be one of them..?

Good luck.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Doesn't Ron Paul plan to hold a rally in Tampa during the convention?To be honest I see this as a good thing. As long as Paul still holds true to his intentions this will create a rallying call to all his supporters. Things could get very interesting during the RNC if the Paul crowd out does the actual convention. The voting process can be shown for the sham it is for all eyes to see. For the record, I'm not a staunch Paul supporter for certain reasons. The least of which are his political views.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I never suggested Paul has the numbers or support to demand a slot for speaking. I don't believe he would, even if he could. He has class. Romney had an opportunity where he could have been the bigger man and shown just a small effort toward unity in the direction of a group whose swing may be critical. Well... Maybe NOT a swing now...and all his own doing.

Paul absolutely did earn it though. Demand? No. Earn? Yes. He was not a fringe candidate. Ralph Nader was a fringe candidate. lol..... Dr. Paul was an underdog with all sides pissed at him from day 1.

Ron Paul state primary/caucus tallies

There are a whole lot of 2nd place rankings over the course of the Season. That means a whole lot of people who figured they were represented at this convention would have liked to hear what Dr. Paul might have had to say. Stupid on this decision just doesn't do it justice. This is just telling a disturbing % to just stick it.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   

How many Republicans have stood for an election as a member of another party? What percentage?

Good luck.

How many Ron Paul supporters would Romney have earned if he had invited him? That's my point. It was an opportunity that Romney did not take advantage of.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You think Romney is a man of class??!?!

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Good luck.

How many Ron Paul supporters would Romney have earned if he had invited him? That's my point. It was an opportunity that Romney did not take advantage of.

A better question is this:

What percentage of Paul supporters will vote for Obama? 1% maybe? What percentage Romney? 70-80% minimum I'd guess. So why take a chance with putting Paul, the contrarian, on a national stage? You (Romney) are gonna get his voters anyway and the chance of Paul doing something to make you (Romney) look like a politician, not a leader, are decent.

So why take the chance?

What's the benefit?

Who know's Paul may still get a slot, but it's at Romney's peril.

Appealing to Romney's better nature is also a losing battle; he doesn't have one.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I thought everyone was saying Rand Paul endorsed Romney so he could get a speaking spot and the convention or his father.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
I thought everyone was saying Rand Paul endorsed Romney so he could get a speaking spot and the convention or his father.

Lol, you didn't believe that did you?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by longlostbrother

lol, no. But that is what ATS was saying.

edit on 7-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join