It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Taze Deaf Woman that Called 9-1-1

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

this must be very revealing to the community that the police force will not admit when they make a mistake and will go through corrupt measures to protect themselves rather then the people. Police brutality seems to be running amuck in the US.... especially recently. Some might see these incidents as separate and unrelated to each other however I see it as a police state that has been growing for some time and these are just it's early symptoms

www.infowars.com...

Local news article: www.kirotv.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I agree with the former police chief that the tazer was used too soon but as in other conspiracies it is not the crime but the cover up!

Here we have a conspiracy since both officers have matched their accounts of what happened. This is often where the basis of many false claims are buried in plain sight.

Was it noted on her arrest record that she was hearing impaired? Did the officers just pass it off and never indicated this in their reports?

Why wasn't there was a verbal verification by the officers about the transmission notifying them of her disability?

Was there any dash cam video or even audio?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
False Arrest (dumb mistake or bad police work).
I suggest that she get a good lawyer.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I'm going to have to agree with the former police chief of Bellevue, tasers do get brought out too quickly sometimes.

Now I can completely understand how an officer not used to dealing with a deaf woman could consider her a threat, she's so animated in the video I would wonder I would wonder if she was on drugs or trying to attack me if she ran up all excited. That being said, you don't get to just tase someone. Also, it is pretty clear these officers were informed the woman they were meeting was deaf...

That she was held for three days without an interpreter is grounds for a lawsuit and while I hardly condone lawsuits, sometimes they are necessary to bring about change that otherwise would be ignored.

She seems like a very sweet woman, shame this happened to her. I can't imagine how frightening it would be to have your only means of communicating locked behind your back.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I am certain that when the deaf contact 911 they use the TTY machine. If that was the case the 911 operator had to know the woman was deaf and should have explained that in the dispatch which would have helped the situation.

I suppose the 911 could have dispatched to the address (which they know when you call) as a precaution if she didn't say anything intelligible. I am sure that is their SOP like it is here.

I would think though that her phone had a TTY machine the gov't usually springs for the cost is the person is indigent or I think you can pay a small fee to rent one from the phone provider.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

Perhaps if you watched the video you would know what happened.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66
I am certain that when the deaf contact 911 they use the TTY machine. If that was the case the 911 operator had to know the woman was deaf and should have explained that in the dispatch which would have helped the situation.

Actually that's pretty much exactly what happened - but it didn't help.

From the article linked in the OP.

In addition, it appears from internal police records obtained by KIRO Team 7 Investigators, Koskovich and his partner were repeatedly given information that the victim could not hear a thing.

On the 911 calls, White herself made it perfectly clear.

“I’m deaf. I can’t hear if they’re out front knocking or whatever … I can’t—are they going to the front or back? Where are the police at?”

Dispatch: “They want her to go outside the front door.”

“Oh, they’re here? Okay, I’m on my way to meet them. I’m going right now.”

So, the cops had info she was deaf and had info she was coming out as they wanted. It still happened.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs
So, the cops had info she was deaf and had info she was coming out as they wanted. It still happened.
e

I give the police latitude usually but this seems to be an overreaction. If cops are that afraid of an old lady that they feel the need to taze here they need to find another line of work. Just my opinion.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by Golf66

Perhaps if you watched the video you would know what happened.

Sorry, on dial up right now - not an option.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
oh dear, yet ANOTHER unfortunate example of fractures in the police/citizen interface. although to be fair, perhaps, en route, they misread the text as;
- ' victim is Lashonn, white.' then simply tazed the first black female they encountered. of course that would be potentially racist, and the police aren't racists.
either way officer whatshisname looks less than bright, to say the least.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Sounds like it is time for some nice Paid adminstrative leave (Hawaii) for the boys in blue!

top topics

join