It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can an average citizen be hypnotized into being an assassin?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
In light of recent event’s it seemed wrong not to bring this up. I just watched a show that totally blew my mind.

What I’m talking about is the new Darren Brown “The Experiments” episodes, especially Episode 1 where he takes an average guy and through hypnosis moulds him into the perfect assassin. One that will be able to activate to a certain command, take out his target and forget about the entire incident as though it never happened. He even manages to put the guy in a “marksman” mode which makes him an expert marksman. Well, enough to stun the instructor.

Pretty much the same results as those reported by assassins like Sirhan Sirhan in the Robert Kennedy assassinations who reported that he though he was at a shooting range.

en.wikipedia.org...

In this video he proves just how easy it is to manipulate a suggestive person into doing this. The real gem of the video is at the end where he is shown the footage. His reaction, and that of Steven Fry’s, totally tells the story.

As for how this could and may have been used by the CIA and other agencies; Well, I’ll say this, they had way better hypnotists than Darren Brown, that’s for sure. And with that kind of power comes a whole universe of covert possibilities.

If they could do this then, what can they do now?

Here’s the video. It’s long, don’t b!tch about it because it’s totally worth the watch.

www.youtube.com...

As a parting thought, does this largely prove the theory behind many mind control conspiracies? Maybe just. As for the Sirhan Sirhan case, definitely.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
ask james

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Monkeygod333

During my life so far there have been 2 people that have tried to hypnotize me...and these people were professionals. So.....I know that I can't be!

As for the criminals; I suspect that many have been; but I have no solid proof.

edit on 6-8-2012 by caladonea because: add more

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Check out scopolamine a wicked drug.

www.youtube.com...

For some reason cannot upload the video, if someone would do that I would appreciate it
Blessings to you all.
edit on 6-8-2012 by TM62 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Yes Derran Brown proved it on his tv show, check him out. He can pretty much make you do anything and not remember, he even convinced a guy he murdered someone in one show and that another person was actually experiencing a real life zombie attack. Great tv, but scary indeed.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Thank you so much! I was talking about this show the other day with a friend and I could not remember the name of it. It really is scary how easily he did that and like you said, there are way better hypnotists.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Derran Brown in his shows studies the volentanteers and picks out ones he believes the trick will work with. He says 'no I don't think it will work with you' often, so some people are harder to hypnotise, but I think it is probably possible to do it to anyone. Professional hypnotists maybe professionals, but someone like Derran Brown is in a complete other league to them, he studies people and works out how to do this to theme when he is given the time.

Anybodies brain can be tricked, some are harder than others though.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by clintdelicious
reply to post by caladonea

Derran Brown in his shows studies the volentanteers and picks out ones he believes the trick will work with. He says 'no I don't think it will work with you' often, so some people are harder to hypnotise, but I think it is probably possible to do it to anyone. Professional hypnotists maybe professionals, but someone like Derran Brown is in a complete other league to them, he studies people and works out how to do this to theme when he is given the time.

Anybodies brain can be tricked, some are harder than others though.

As I understand it he had a control group and chose the 1% most suggestive in the crowd and chose his final victim from that. Most people cannot be hynotized, but there is that certain group with which the possibilities are truely endless. Put that kind of power in the wrong hands...

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Yes. You would be amazed the levels of evil even a normal peson can be molded into.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TM62
Check out scopolamine a wicked drug.

www.youtube.com...

For some reason cannot upload the video, if someone would do that I would appreciate it
Blessings to you all.
edit on 6-8-2012 by TM62 because: (no reason given)

Oh man, not this again.

Please read THIS post. There as been no CLINICAL proof scopolamine induces zombie like attributes in a healthy human being. After some discussions with a college (Neurosurgeon) and a friend of mine (Practicing Psychiatrist) they both laughed. In essence the entire thing is an urban legend as described in my post including MRI scans.

Now onto the subject at hand - Your average citizen (taken as a sweeting generalization) cannot be simply 'turned' into a zombie assassin with years of military training in an instant, its just not 'possible'. Hypnosis on the other hand is quite possible, and you can have people perform simple tasks, however it requires a number of personality traits to be in play before it can be a success.

Personally i cannot by hypnotised (it has been attempted by various clinical professionals) and it was rather unsuccessful.

Edit 1-

For the record, most cases of 'i was zombified by a drug' (involving men of course) happen to be married men, having questionable company, and got robbed. I believe its easier to say to the wife: "I was drugged, see heres a police report", of course the same CAN apply to women however i have not come across anything that didnt involve such substatances as rohypnol when involving women, and im sure i dont need to explain myself further on that one.
edit on 6-8-2012 by Spruk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I don't think they can be hypnotized, but with a heaping helping of nationalism and patriotism coupled with a carefully contrived enemy who wants to destroy your freedoms and liberties and bingo!... You have an army of gung-ho soldiers who are convinced that killing other equally manipulated soldiers and the occasional innocent civilian (collateral damage) is serving God & country.

Flame away..I have my asbestos underwear on.

edit on 8/6/2012 by Sparky63 because: spelling

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Basic hypnotherapy? no

Add drug cocktails? that changes things...

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Define: "Average."

For a single "metric" maybe.... but overall for people? Not sure I believe in it.

Can the RIGHT kind of person be programmed? I highly suspect so.
I know for fact, however, that "the average person" can be influenced in quite a number of ways, indirectly.Maybe it could be said that "programming" is a series of closely-related areas of high influence on a particular target.

edit on 6-8-2012 by iwilliam because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-8-2012 by iwilliam because: Clarity

edit on 6-8-2012 by iwilliam because: ODD-like perfectionism.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by iwilliam
Define: "Average."

For a single "metric" maybe.... but overall for people? Not sure I believe in it.

Can the RIGHT kind of person be programmed? I highly suspect so.
I know for fact, however, that "the average person" can be influenced in quite a number of ways, indirectly.Maybe it could be said that "programming" is a series of closely-related areas of high influence on a particular target.

edit on 6-8-2012 by iwilliam because: Clarity

edit on 6-8-2012 by iwilliam because: ODD-like perfectionism.

The term "Average" cannot be defined, you'd have to move to a subculture to define "average" in regards to population. Its like the term "normal" in reference to humans, it just isnt possible. So its a term used loosely on my definition of "average", which to be is strong willed, thus it makes subliminal messaging and hypnosis working well.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I can only tell you how hypnotism worked on me.

At a holiday party when I was about 19 years old, the owner of the company produced a fellow in attendance who was a hypnotist.

I volunteered to be hypnotized.

I was suspended between 2 chairs, at the tip of my head, and the heels of my feet, not falling for many minutes while wearing a dress. People were in awe.

They say you can't be hypnotized for something that would embarres you, yet there I was, with my dress blowing in the breeze while I was suspended.

It took the guy only a matter of minutes to get me suspended in such a fashion.

If that could happen to me in a few minutes, imagine the impact of somebody that has been worked on for years.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Obviously the truth is thaat yes people can be mind controlled....not all can be controlled as deepy or by the same methods, of control are many and varied...YES Cinderella, you too can be the bell of the ball..........................................now sleeep

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

Basic hypnotherapy? no

Add drug cocktails? that changes things...

Basic hypnotherapy? YES! Sorry but the video speaks for itself. No drugs were used in the making of THIS assassin.

new topics

top topics

join