It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roswell UFO Crash: There Were 2 Crashes, Not 1, Says Ex-Air Force Official

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun

Originally posted by Spares

"There were actually two crashes at Roswell, which most people don't know," French told HuffPost. "The first one was shot down by an experimental U.S. airplane that was flying out of White Sands, N.M., and it shot what was effectively an electronic pulse-type weapon that disabled and took away all the controls of the UFO, and that's why it crashed."

Interesting post, but what get's me is that he state's about the pulse-type weapon? Back in 1940.. Working on pulse-type weapon's seem a little off to me, how that collides into the story that it was shot down now, not crashed due to the radio equipment as that has been stated that caused the crash..

I agree. The story gets even more far-fetched when you couple the plane as an "experimental" plane with what would have also been an experimental weapon. The problem is what happened to that plane and its fab weapon? Why have they not, so to speak, come to market? Nope. 'Don't buy the guy's story. He's doing a reverse Sagan move on us. A sure sign that forces want to drag the UFOs out for public inspection after all of these years.

Did you just ask why a secret pulse weapon hasn't come to the market yet.....

Sorry, I thought you were on ATS for those EXACT reasons you are stating there!!

Ever hear of Tesla?? There are a couple threads out there that might make you rethink that statement about why the public doesn't know about secret government weapons.......We don't know about it until it is outdated friend......

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

What truly amazes me about these old and well known UFO event whistle blowers is that they never seem to learn from the mistakes of previous old and well known UFO event whistle-blowers. Two crash sites should be interesting enough but they pile it high and deeper, describing secret government experimental aircraft with amazing weapons we have not heard about 50 years later.

Pulsed electromagnetic power is very useful (in a laboratory at least) but even today makes a terrible weapon because the average power is too low and because the energy is spread over so much bandwidth it is very difficult to damage equipment sensitive to a specific band. In 1947 aircraft employed almost no electronics except radios so it would be entirely useless to develop an electromagnetic pulse weapon (EMPW). And using 1947 technology, any attempt to put a reasonable amount of average power into the air would result in a craft as big and cumbersome as a flying house. 50 years ago Ham radio operators protected their rigs from lightning strikes that are at least 1,000,000 more powerful than any 1947 era EMPW that could have existed; is it not reasonable that builders of UFO's would have figured this stuff out too? Moreover, and recklessly speculating now, if a continuous metal skin encloses a UFO then Gauss's Law tells us that no external EM fields could penetrate the UFO to "disable internal controls". I rest my case on the credibility of this new information.

On the other hand, if I wanted to promote something I would want to make statements that:
1. Refer to something old because more people would know about it.
2. Refer to something well known because more people follow it.
3. Refer to something that is a current hot topic because it is on peoples minds today.
3. Suggest the existence of secret government experiments to capture the imaginations of the distrustful.
4. Suggest that scientifically impossible technology exists to capture the general populations imagination.
Check, 1, 2, 3, 4,and 5.

Something very strange happened in 1947 in the New Mexico desert but this witness, IMO, cannot answer any of the many remaining questions.

Best regards,
Z

edit on 8/6/2012 by DrZrD because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/6/2012 by DrZrD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I actually read there might've been up to 3 localized crashes during that 4th of July week. I'll try to find the article but I can't recall who claimed this.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mee30
I bet half these people are making these announcements because they NEED a new revenue stream. So they figure why not make it out of the UFO community, they'll buy anything from an "official"...

Does he have a book out or coming out by any chance? Or is he doing paid speeches/interviews?

So what is this guy selling? It would be nice if at least one of these stories came from a younger, not retired, not senile, still active in mind body and spirit person. I think the stress of working for the govt makes all their retirees believe they've seen a UFO. It seems that way to me.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
A retired government guy claiming to know about UFO's with a book to sell..how unusual

Seems like very few months now there another retired ex-government guy who wants to tell his story and sell us his book about UFO's. This one is slightly different than the rest in that he is claiming 2 crash's. How come any of the other retired ex-government people with UFO books haven't mentioned this before? With so many people claiming to be insiders who know the truth why don't they all have exactly the same story?

As evidenced by the posts above this one there are many people who knew about two crashes. As for having the same story well you could question ten people who witnesses a traffic accident and get ten different stories so I dont see the validity in that statment.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein

I bet half these people are making these announcements because they NEED a new revenue stream. So they figure why not make it out of the UFO community, they'll buy anything from an "official"...

Does he have a book out or coming out by any chance? Or is he doing paid speeches/interviews?

Wait, wait, wait, just a minute here.......

FIRST you want a "credible" witness, correct?

Okay we have that, not to mention people who usually debunk UFO stories.....

Now after the story he is informing people of what happened.....It is HE NEEDS MONEY??

When are the debunkers EVER going to be satisfied with a person telling their part of the episode??

This guy could have video documentation and you would still be saying the same thing, "he is just trying to sell it.....Must be broke"....

I don't get you debunkers sometimes.....Honestly

Except that this man has a book he wants us to buy....

And what makes him credible? You've seen his credentials?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

See? If we hadn't served beer at the BBQ none of this would have happened.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
As for having the same story well you could question ten people who witnesses a traffic accident and get ten different stories so I dont see the validity in that statment.

Well if thats the case then those witnesses are useless and their testimony can not be trusted.

edit on 6-8-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DrZrD

Shock wave generators are capable of producing focused acoustic or electromagnetic energy that can break up objects such as kidney stones and other similar materials. EMP generators can produce pulses of electromagnetic energy that can destroy the sensitive electronics in computers and microprocessors.

source

These things seem to exist already?

It doesn't make his story true though. It could mean two things.

1. He has done his homework and is trying to use little known but sensational facts to sway us into believing him.

2. He is telling the truth.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spares

"There were actually two crashes at Roswell, which most people don't know," French told HuffPost. "The first one was shot down by an experimental U.S. airplane that was flying out of White Sands, N.M., and it shot what was effectively an electronic pulse-type weapon that disabled and took away all the controls of the UFO, and that's why it crashed."

Interesting post, but what get's me is that he state's about the pulse-type weapon? Back in 1940.. Working on pulse-type weapon's seem a little off to me, how that collides into the story that it was shot down now, not crashed due to the radio equipment as that has been stated that caused the crash..

Tesla thought of that stuff in the early 1900's......so applying that tech 40 years later isn't that different.

That is like how we applied tech from 40 years ago..or ideas from then..to our tech now.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by freakjive
Fresh off the press at Huffington Post...

Until now, most debunkers doubted that there was even one crash. Now, in an exclusive interview, retired Air Force Lt. Col. Richard French told The Huffington Post that there were actually two crashes. This revelation is especially remarkable considering that French was known in the past to debunk UFO stories.

"It was within a few miles of where the original crash was," French said. "We think that the reason they were in there at that time was to try and recover parts and any survivors of the first crash. I'm [referring to] the people from outer space -- the guys whose UFO it was."

edit on August 6th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

There are 3 reasons Why I doubt this.

1) The Huffington Post... Ok joking aside, the main 2 reasons I doubt this is:

2) I HIGHLY doubt we have any technology that can shoot one down even today.

3) Within Miles of each other is what I would expect the debris field to actually be with the speed UFOs are said to attain in flight. I would think it is both from the same crash, with maybe a interior rugged capsule stopping several miles from the outer shell.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Actually, I can think of one, pretty low tech way, of bringing down a "flying saucer" that was used by both the Brits and the Nazis during World War II. It would be totally hit and miss and yet, in theory, given what people often assume about "alien" tech it might just have worked had they been able to vector in a suitably equipped aircraft close enough to a "UFO". it might even have been that they used the UFO's seeming curiosity about human flight tech as almost a classic "Judas Goat" lure.

One could postulate that they adapted the system seen here. www.britishpathe.com... , fitted to Wellington bombers and, from memory, Heinkel 115 float planes by the Nazis and managed to manoeuvre close enough for them to crudely interrupt the drive of said "UFOs". I have no doubt, if they succeeded in their quest to bring down a "UFO" using this or a similar system they would pretend, to the world at large, it was done by a far more sophisticated means.

Let me say right now, I am not saying this it how it happened and that it actually happened at all, merely postulating how it might theoretically have been achieved.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Some info dug up by Billy Cox about Dick French: devoid.blogs.heraldtribune.com...

Seems like the guy is a fraud.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

I think this guy brings tremendous credibility! He was a very high up insider especially from a pilots standpoint.
The last I heard though was it was radar that interfered with one of the ufo's and it crashed because of it.
Corso is legit even though some think he isn't, too much documentation to prove he has valid theories.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   

It's what bothers me too. They always come out with these revelations just when they've published a novel or book about the subject. It always casts doubt on their motives to me. I'm a skeptic by nature, but on the subject of alien visitors I'm not a non-believer. I want to believe, as the X-files saying goes, but I need hard evidence before I will. And I would like for these guys who are "in the know" to not always be saying this stuff when they have a book to sell.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Spares

The Germans did prototype particle weapons near the end of WWII (in a tank)...

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by lupus83

Thanks

/DONE

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by freakjive
Fresh off the press at Huffington Post...

Until now, most debunkers doubted that there was even one crash. Now, in an exclusive interview, retired Air Force Lt. Col. Richard French told The Huffington Post that there were actually two crashes. This revelation is especially remarkable considering that French was known in the past to debunk UFO stories.

This is totally wrong. Close to 1978 when the Stanton Friedman was researching the witnesses said that the craft had been stuck by another craft, with a wedge the shape of a saucer. It is well known that there were two crash sites, the Mac Brazel site and one closer to Roswell 25 miles away. Although the Roswell dream team suggest that the UFO was hit by lightening and the other crash was an escape pod, it was always questioned to be a crash between two ships.
edit on 7-8-2012 by greyer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
There were three crashes the night of July 4,1947 in New Mexico 1. Corona 2. Walter Haut* 3. Jim Ragsdale* *witnesses with affidavit accounts of the crashes. Also Chuck Wade and the UFO Crash on the Plains of San Augustin New Mexico July 2,1947....The crash site is re-discovered in 1994 by UFO researcher Art Campbell. Link...s251.photobucket.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by lupus83
Some info dug up by Billy Cox about Dick French: devoid.blogs.heraldtribune.com...

Seems like the guy is a fraud.

Actually, I'm not sure the "guy is a fraud". From what I can tell, the guy IS making up lots of the stuff he is saying, but he does seem to be a real retired "Lt. Col." from the USAF (as he claims in the video).

I don't know what can be pieced together as authentic versus "imaginative fiction".

There does seem to be a real "Lt Col. Dick French".
The novel he wrote "Macedonian Gray" was published back in December 2003.
There are numerous photos of "Dick French" (which resemble the man being interviewed). One shows him when he is Capt. Richard French of the 8th Tac. Ftr. Squadron.
He is listed as commander of the 25th Fighter Squadron as Lt. Col. Richard E. French commencing 6th Sep. 1971. (which was at that time flying F-4 Phantom II's in Thailand)
25th Fighter Squadron

I'd be interested in what is truth versus fiction. I'm sure the guy does have some real interesting stories to tell, but as Billy Cox says in his blog post...

But at this point, screw it, De Void’s really tired out and doesn’t care anymore. Besides, truth is increasingly overrated and irrelevant. And there’s so little money in it.

When I watched the video, the first part that made me really wonder if the guy was "making up stories" was when he mentioned Corso.

I totally think the part about "particle beam weapons" was pure BS and I got a laugh when I read other people on ATS making the usual imaginative claims about Nazi's possessing this sort of superior technology (naturally without any sources).

Anytime you get someone on the ATS posting stuff about "secret Nazi technology", my BS meter goes off the scale.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join