It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant sinkhole in Assumption Parish, Louisiana prompts state of emergency declaration

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Giant sinkhole in Assumption Parish, Louisiana prompts state of emergency declaration

theex tinctionprotocol.wordpress.com

on Thursday a 200 by 200 foot “slurry area” has appeared in bayou corne in northern assumption parish…The formation of the slurry area was accompanied by a diesel-like odor that some residents said burned their eyes and noses but dissipated by midmorning Friday…Assumption parish officials declared an emergency and called for an evacuation of residents living near the nearly 1-acre muddy site.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Louisiana declared a state of emergency. They are evacuating people due to fear of unknown. (huh, unknown, that's comforting) Something is going on and earth is unhappy, either that or all this is just part of a longer normal cycle beyond our record keeping. It seem like these declaration of state of emergency will be a regular occurrence. Isn't there a state of emergency due to the drought in a bunch of states.

theex tinctionprotocol.wordpress.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 8/5/2012 by taws6 because: embedded youtube link

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Woah, that is weird. Huge sinkhole reeking of diesel? That's a first for me.

edit on Sun, 05 Aug 2012 18:27:06 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Are they Fracking in the area?
2nd

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
This might have something to do with it.

A potential failure
of a cavern operated by Texas brine
company may have caused the slurry area,
or sinkhole, which swallowed full-grown
trees and denuded a formerly forested
patch of cypress swamp. Final
determination of a positive link between
the failure of the cavern and either the
natural gas bubbling or the slurry area has
not been made. In response, gov. bobby
jindal declared an emergency Friday.
I guess we'll find out soon.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Could This one! be from Fracking?
any way to find out ware they frack?

I am suprised that thire is no bible worrning about holes opening up?
gates to hell?

maybe the tunnles they did are caveing in on them?

just my thoughts.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
A sink hole into a bituminous coal cavern
could be tar under the surface perhaps?
edit on 5-8-2012 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

When oil is pumped out, it leaves a huge cavern, which is filled with brine (or salt water). Occasionally, these huge holes end up collapsing, leaving a nasty environmental mess. This is the definite downside of oil drilling, and is probably the cause of this particular sink hole, although I suppose we'll find out soon enough.

Interesting story, thanks for sharing, OP!

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
www.texasbrine.com...

Underground Storage
The production of salt from a salt deposit - either domal or bedded - creates an undergound brine-filled cavity in the salt. These salt cavities, or "caverns" can be used for the safe underground storage of highly volatile gas and liquid products. In addition, these caverns are used for storing other liquids such as crude oil and other gasses such as compressed air. The Strategic Petroleum Reserve is stored in salt caverns.

Texas Brine put its first cavern into liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) storage service in 1952. Since then, dozens of additional caverns have been put into a variety of storage services. Creating over 15 million barrels of cavity space a year with brine production activities, Texas Brine has the capability to meet your storage needs with existing or soon to be available caverns.

The operation of underground liquid storage requires
the prompt and timely injection or withdrawal of brine
to support product movements. Underground Storage,
LLC is uniquely qualified to provide this service.

No telling what they had pumped under ground.

Might have found what is down there.

www.texasbrine.com...

MSDS DATE: May 18, 2011
PRODUCT NAME: TREATED BRINE SOLUTION
24-Hour Emergency Phone Number: (225) 545-6085
I. PRODUCT IDENTIFICATION
HMIS HAZARD RATING: HEALTH = 1 FIRE = 0 REACTIVITY = 0
MANUFACTURER: Texas Brine Company, L.L.C.
60705 Highway 404
White Castle, LA 70788
Corporate
4800 San Felipe
Houston, Texas 77056
800-554-8699
Chemical name: Sodium Chloride
CAS: 7647-14-5
Synonyms: Sodium Chloride solution, brine
Chemical Formula: NaCl

edit on 5-8-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
See,that is what happens when you let oil companies probing and prodding the landscape.

It's just one big experiment,guys,and we are the guinea pigs.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I am glad people are starting to hear about what is taking place in the area. Below is a topic that didn't get much attention but this sinkhole is in the same area.

www.abovetopsecret.com... 868521

So the gas bubbles leaking & houses shifting have now developed into a sink hole.
edit on 6-8-2012 by AuntB because: comment

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I seen this several weeks ago. Was waiting to see what happened next. This is the correct link to AuntB's post.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 6-8-2012 by GoldenRuled because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddha
Could This one! be from Fracking?
any way to find out ware they frack?

I am suprised that thire is no bible worrning about holes opening up?
gates to hell?

maybe the tunnles they did are caveing in on them?

just my thoughts.

Well it will be HARD to connect it to fracking, because, the "REALLY PROFITABLE OIL INDUSTRY" has lot's of good press as Forbes can tell you; LINK -- they see no connection to using pressure high enough to break rock with hot water and chemicals having anything to do with oil and gas seepage into fresh water. Forbes has never found a corrupt corporation causing damage, by the way -- unless it's Apple Computers.

It isn't finding out where sink holes or ground water problems are connected to fracking -- it's finding places where there ISN'T fracking. FTA;

First, consider Canada. Few realize that Canada has been extracting oil and gas using fracking techniques for the last 35 years. It is estimated that hundreds of thousands of wells have been drilled there using these techniques.

Canada has a lot less population and theres plenty of ground water not being accessed by wild Moose.

I was trying to find stats on how many THOUSANDS of sites we have in the USA, but apparently had little luck. We also "aren't allowed to know" what chemicals they pump into OUR EARTH [ LINK ], so it's going to be hard to trace back to whomever did it.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Thus far, this is largely a nonstory, even in Louisiana (where I am writing from). Obviously not for the 150 families temporarily evaced. But this is not that big a deal in the long run. Not anything close to the BP spill.
It is mostly about overblown soundbytes being thrown about by environmental extremists who want to shut down the state's chance at fiscal independence from the federal government via oil and gas.
The fossil fuel indusry is here to stay, at least for a while longer, and it provides huge amounts of jobs and opportunity for the state's citizenry.
While not good, this is simply blog bloviated chicken little-ism. And as a manufactured vehicle for the castrated Louisiana Democratic party and Republican Good Ole Boys to shake their fist at Bobby Jindal (for being competent and showing how useless and incompetent both groups are)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I don't think this is an oil issue or fracking issue. This is a cavern that is failing and has been. I doubt this will get much attention unless there is an explosion with loss of life. With the ground sinking it is affecting pipelines and these are raising the danger levels. These caverns are all over the Parrish area.

Experts to look at sinkhole

**Golden Rule, thanks for fixing my link on my prior post.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
Woah, that is weird. Huge sinkhole reeking of diesel? That's a first for me.

edit on Sun, 05 Aug 2012 18:27:06 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

Reeking of fracking,

is what I'm fricking thiking,.. I am unsure of any logical explanation as to why so many sinkholes have been appearing lately. I would love to know though,.. any experts?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by taws6

No worries here Folks, it is simple, They will take over the land because it is unsafe.... (not to mention it holds fuels and/or hides things) Yeah, so They will take it over for your safety. It's all apart of Agenda 21 . For your safety and future of your children, Watch it!, Know it! It's spreading - Government/ State Land Acquisition is becoming a common every day term in every area...

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
This is a post made by a person on GLP. I don't know if I am allowed to post from this site, but I am giving the author credit. this post is about 10 comment down on the page.www.godlikeproductions.com...

This is my biggest concern currently...

Back in Jan. of this year, I was heavily researching the 'mystery booms' that had started popping up all over.

On one of the USGS forums I was using, a man claimed to know what was causing the booms and then went into great detail on what to look for.

His post, and the entire thread have long since been purged.

However, what he said stuck with me and from that point on I was waiting for the signs.

He claimed that the booms were the result of Super Fracking that had exposed a large underground cavern that sat against an exposed section of a subsection of the Madrid fault. That when this happened they knew they'd messed up big time. From then on the US Gov has been undergoing a 24/7 operation of keeping the cavern pressurized with fluid, to prevent the methane from travelling through the fault and destabalizing it.

He claimed that, if methane bubbles started appearing in the gulf, it would be a sign that the US efforts had failed and that the methane was now free flowing.
He said if we started to see methane bubbles and sinkholes around the gulf coast, it would signal a window of weeks before a cascade failure occurs.

When the methane forces it's way through the fault, the resulting force will rip up the entire fault complex and end up ripping the entire Mississppi River valley a new one.
He estimated at least 100 miles on either side of the Mississppi as being underwater. The new continental divide.

He claimed all this and I began waiting and watching...

edit on 9-8-2012 by SunnyDee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Wouldn't be the first time they messed something up really bad. Lets hope it isn't as bad as the lake Peigneur incident.

CX

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Fuel under the ground?

Quick.....invade it!

CX.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join