It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live Link thread for all who want to watch The rover tonight..

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Excellent, I finally get to start my own conspiracy theory. Okay, something doesn't add up with the Curiosity landing... How long does it take a radio transmission to reach the earth from Mars? just fractionally less than the speed of light ... so at this point in time (depending on Mars's current distance from Earth) it takes a little longer than 13.8 minutes (the speed of reflected light to get back to us). So during the live feed (see full video on you tube posted by Mark Liederbach), Curiosity's touchdown was confirmed at 36.29 into the video.. so what I am 'curious' about is how did approx 2mins 11.9 seconds later the images from the landed rover arrive considering it would take the radio signal 13.8 minutes to get back to earth from touchdown? They also would have needed time for the dust to settle.. hmm This was clearly not a 'live feed'. I would appreciate some insight into the propagation anomaly of the radio signal ..

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Can you imagine if they found something living??? even if it was bacteria!!!

I would love to see an image of a fossil, like a centipede or something.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by secondfield

The landing wasn't confirmed in real-time (remember, it took 14 minutes for the radio transmission to reach us). Official touchdown time was 5:14:39 UTC, they received the images about 18 minutes later

edit on 6-8-2012 by themajesticm00se because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by nepatitan

I can not find it now but NASA have already said that they found bacterias in outer space (was it not in in the sand of Mars with the Patfinder? Correct me if I am wrong about this).
Though the MSM did not touch the subject the slightest. It was "hidden" far away in the archives on the NASA website.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Well the reason they used the the lift system was to not introduce as much dust if say just the rockets were to land directly on the martian soil.
With the speed of the photos, I believe they said that curiosity was pre programmed to take pictures directly after it has landed and with odyssey overhead it relayed everything back before it went over the horizon.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by LiberalSceptic

Oh, idk, ill have to look that up, its 7:53 am right now lol im kinda on autopilot.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Okay, when watching the live feed on the net, the delay was not apparent in the JPL control room? it obviously was not a live feed then - happening in real time? It certainly was not videoed, edited and then posted online as an event dramatisation. IT WAS THE LIVE FEED DIRECT FROM THE JPL CONTROL ROOM THAT HAD AN INCORRECT SIGNAL PROPAGATION DELAY FROM THE MOMENT OF LANDING UNTIL THE TIME THE FIRST IMAGES WERE RECEIVED. Tens of thousands of people viewed it in real time. Was that 'live feed' pieced together and aired after the event?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Ustream Curiosity got a question about the pictures.
Actually seemed to be a bit of a sensitive subject... Hmm.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by nepatitan
reply to post by LiberalSceptic

Oh, idk, ill have to look that up, its 7:53 am right now lol im kinda on autopilot.

I remember that I went in to NASAs webpage first when I heard about it and the info was there.
Though I had to click/scroll in allot of menus to find it.

VIking Mission found life on Mars(?).

Here is a little info I found with a Google. Though I am not sure this is what I read on the NASA website.
edit on 6-8-2012 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by secondfield

What I'm saying is: by the time the signal letting us know the module had entered Earth's atmosphere reached Earth, the rover had actually already been on the ground for at least 7 minutes.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
first pic from rover

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by themajesticm00se

Indeed, but the coverage would have a similar time delay between all sequential events taking place in real time at JPL's control room. The entry, landing and low res image transmissions ...

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
The Rover will send coded sounds (well chosen tones and signals) to tell what it sees and does.
If I understood correct this will be the main communication instead of pictures. For the next eight hours to come.

Beep = UFO
Bepbeep = Alien
Beepbeepbeep = Oh snap I am under attack!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by secondfield
reply to post by themajesticm00se

Indeed, but the coverage would have a similar time delay between all sequential events taking place in real time at JPL's control room. The entry, landing and low res image transmissions ...

Like I said. Official landing time: 5:14:39 UTC. The landing was confirmed by JPL at (around) 5:30 UTC (this is when the celebration at JPL began), and pictures were snapped immediately after landing. They arrived on Earth about 2 minutes after the landing was confirmed.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
Apparently its going to be a few days before we see the video of the landing , maybe a few weeks before the first high res picture and maybe a few months before they drive it anywhere to do some experiments.

Sounds about right from a skeptical point of view. Surely NASA must at least consider (if not KNOW) they might come across things that defy explanation/ So nothing like a little time delay to resolve that potential problem.

One other thing that's a bit off topic, I can't stand that this is an "American" thing. Are countries still pitting against one another and vying to be the first ones to do things? It's like a bunch of scientists in a drag race.

We're all in this together and once we take that attitude and approach then MAYBE, alien intelligence will welcome us more openly. Until then, we're on our own seeing we can't even play nicely among each other.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
WhiteHouse rep will be attending to cover everything and overseeing the mission now in the beginning.
I guess that is the standard procedure?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Well, both UStreams have been taken down. Didn't take them long.

First Vid

Second Vid

Interesting. No word when/if these will be back up

Until then I'm sure there's plenty of YouTube uploads

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I had a peek at the live link and there is someone looking at the camera.
?Who is this guy.

?Where are the videos and photos of Mars landscape.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by nepatitan
Can you imagine if they found something living??? even if it was bacteria!!!

I would love to see an image of a fossil, like a centipede or something.

Already happened. So next question would be?...what are they looking for that would be beneficial to us now?

We're most likely there for others reasons, withheld. Just like when NASA spent hundreds of millions of dollars to blow a hole on the Moon 'searching for water' a few years ago. Really? Is that to stop the recent drought in the mid-west which will hike the price of grain this year?

So much we don't know so don't let some NASA spokes-person on here tell ya differently.
Just think. Stop listening to others. And when you do, things really don't make much sense.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Thank you for not making me have to think lol to early.... or to late idk.....

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join