Live Link thread for all who want to watch The rover tonight..

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

I am not sure, but I guess that the gentleman who wrote that meant that the picture was taken 4 minutes after landing and then took the usual time to be transmitted to Earth.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by LiberalSceptic

The problem is that the world's religions will need ample time to make sense of, and craft a story about life on another planet.

I mean, a lot of people are just not ready for "...and God stocked Gale Crater with small-mouth bass, and saw that it was good"

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Fantastic,it was good to watch ,gave me many mixed feelings. Maybe they might find something thats big. I just have to say, that isn't it ironic, that with all those olympic threads of alien invasion, when all the time it was us doing the invading
cheers

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

Ha ha good one.
The religions are holding mankind back so far that it is unbelievable.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by my1percent

Indeed ironic. I did not see it that way until now when you mentioned it

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by LiberalSceptic

I wasn't thinking of religion ,might have been deep down ,but more the unrealness of it ,the history ect. When i was watching it, i heard one of them say,( while doing their countdown checklists?) that it touched down at (example can't remember the exact figures) 0.0035466754? per meter, so what i got from that is that it touched down at an even slower speed than they thought / planned .Excellent if i understood it right? cheers Thats a guess maybe someone can clarify that?
edit on 6-8-2012 by my1percent because: something to add

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Do they have audio? I hope they have audio. Why leave out one of the senses like that? "What's that sound?" Then they could go check it out. So they might be 14 minutes late getting there but it could be the rumblings of an underground waterway etc. It would make it even more real. Anways hats off to NASA. Great job to all involved.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clisen33
They left a mic on!!! Maybe we'll here some Alien encounters that wont be mentioned to the public!!!!!!!

Awww nvm they cut it off.
edit on 6-8-2012 by Clisen33 because: (no reason given)

At the news conference just after the landing a reporter asked one of the department heads of the mission attending the panel to reveal the secret he promissed her to reveal....

Everybody in the audiance was very curious what that secret might be but...

HE FORGOT WHAT SECRET SHE IS TALKING ABOUT....

(must have been some insignificant little secret not relevant to the Mars landing, spacetravel or NASA........I mean,..I can understand that this major player in the project was so very enthousiastic that he was willing to spill the beans about the manned maintenance base for Curiousity near the landing site...if anything would go wrong.....but reconsidered his promise)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
What is the main goal of this mission?

For real. Not cover up reasons.

According to Alex Collier there was a Human Base with 300 000 humans on Mars that was destroyed by Draco Reptilians.
1 000 000 years old Reptilian base "Tempe Terra " is there with underground facilities of 64 square miles big.
Look from 1:34.54

edit on 6-8-2012 by Galactic because: typo

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TamtammyMacx

Do they have audio?

I can't find anything showing audio instrumentation on board.

How would they explain the giggling coming from off-camera ?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by nepatitan
reply to post by Soulece

no he was saying that it cost each us taxpayer $7 to pay for the mission

U.S. 314,102,394 x 7 = 2.1 billion

I would gladly pay this much to explore... but since we paid for it we should have intell.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

Originally posted by LiberalSceptic
The religions are holding mankind back so far that it is unbelievable.

I believe that was all part of the plan...

The elite created religion to HIDE the truth from you, they have been VERY successful.

"Today the religions of the world remain a major tool of the Illuminati agenda." Link

"Every major religion in the world has been manufactured or infiltrated by the Illuminati" Link

edit on 6-8-2012 by Murgatroid because: Added link

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by zatara
At the news conference just after the landing a reporter asked one of the department heads of the mission attending the panel to reveal the secret he promised her to reveal....

Everybody in the audience was very curious what that secret might be but...

(must have been some insignificant little secret not relevant to the Mars landing, space travel or NASA........I mean,..I can understand that this major player in the project was so very enthusiastic that he was willing to spill the beans about the manned maintenance base for Curiousity near the landing site...if anything would go wrong.....but reconsidered his promise)

Yeah, I thought this was so extremely bizarre...

Clearly he realized that he had said something that he wished he hadn't and the person asking the question made it VERY clear that something was going on that we are not supposed to know about.

edit on 6-8-2012 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

Originally posted by zatara
At the news conference just after the landing a reporter asked one of the department heads of the mission attending the panel to reveal the secret he promised her to reveal....

Everybody in the audience was very curious what that secret might be but...

(must have been some insignificant little secret not relevant to the Mars landing, space travel or NASA........I mean,..I can understand that this major player in the project was so very enthusiastic that he was willing to spill the beans about the manned maintenance base for Curiousity near the landing site...if anything would go wrong.....but reconsidered his promise)

Yeah, I thought this was this was so extremely bizarre...

Clearly he realized that he had said something that he wished he hadn't and the person asking the question made it VERY clear that something was going on that we are not supposed to know about.

I remember when i heard this last night thinking that someone has shut him up and he looked concerned, if not slightly frightened. I think she mentioned it in public thinking he'd be less likely to go back on it than if it were just the two of them. Harder for him to blow her off.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

That is NASA engineer Adam Steltzner (the guy who looks a bit like Elvis).

He is an outgoing and gregarious sort of guy, and I think you would be making mountains out of molehills if you think something MUST be up with that exchange about the "secret". It is far more likely that he was just trying to be engaging with the reporter, and had some esoteric thing to tell her about the landing, but wanted to tell her about it AFTER all went well. He is the sort of guy that likes to engage with the media and public.

Not every mention of the word "secret" by a NASA engineer necessarily means NASA is hiding information about aliens.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Maybe his secret had something to do with this:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

I was thinking the same thing when I started that thread.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

People who gave you all these stars for your reply probably understand but...are you refering to HawkeyeNation' reply:

"Are you being sarcastic? Well either way this looks fake as hell. I just find it a little bit odd...I don't know probably looking into it more than I should I guess "

Or the surprise of the additional and spectacular shute image?

edit on 6/8/2012 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Billions and billions of dollars to look at more dirt on Mars.I mean it is cool to see what other planets look like on thier surface but this is more of the same stuff as the other rover missions.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Jobeycool

Have you read any of the Many, informational posts on why there is only pictures of the dirt/ground below the rover so far? Also, pictures can give information that instruments cant.

Multiple explanations for this. Like making sure the rover itself is in perfect condition. im sure pictures aren't on the top priority list right now.

Patience is a virtue.

edit on 6-8-2012 by Anishnaabe because: (no reason given)
edit on 6-8-2012 by Anishnaabe because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join