It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live Link thread for all who want to watch The rover tonight..

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by np6888
reply to post by thetiler

They're NASA, what do you expect? I say we give them nothing, UNTIL they reveal the exciting stuff, i.e E.T life. If there's really nothing exciting, well then, why should we fund them? Why waste billions just to look at a bunch of pictures of rocks?

Practically, you cannot colonize Mars.

The potential of finding life is just one of the reasons we should spend the money on missions like this. It is most certainly not a waste. Here are a few more reasons............en.wikipedia.org...

By the way, the US is projected to spend over 1.4 trillion in "defense" related programs this year. That is nearly twice the amount NASA has received since it was created(around 790 billion when adjusted for inflation).

Source
edit on 6-8-2012 by DarthOej because: left something out

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
The photo before they went off the air I mean.

THat one had an artifact. The guy a little bit before showing it turned his laptop to his partners and said "becauce I need to show this off" or something like that. Then the buzz started. Everybody was talking about it i think at least around the guy showing the picture.

Then they went off the air and I turned up my speakers really loud to hear what they would say because they're still going and think the stream is done. Before it entirely cuts out I hear that guy in the blue shirt (forget his name) say "#ing terrible"

I think they found something.. Because what I saw got my attention right away. I had a feeling I should stay up and watch that..

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
First pictures.

I am a little bit slow here so forgive me if the pictures already have been posted.
edit on 6-8-2012 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Could have been the top left picture that is all messed up?

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

its not clickable yet

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by LiberalSceptic

No biggie

were all excited!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Soulece

hmm.. i wish i could have caught that. I was too busy researching more on this mission to mars that i missed alot of stuff.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Soulece

Ha ha I had the same thought when I watched the live-feed.
"What if something comes up that they do not want us to see!"
Though I started to watch just about 20 minutes ago and have to leave the house now. Going to watch more as soon as I come back home.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by nepatitan

Thanks

To say the least! Woohoo!!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Well as much as it would be totally cool to find something, unless it was staring right back into the camera lens I'm not sure they can see any better resolution than whats uploaded.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by nepatitan
Could have been the top left picture that is all messed up?

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

its not clickable yet

Could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure they haven't uploaded the pics from the 2nd fly-by yet. They showed the rear haz cams facing the sun on the horizon. I want to say the picture everyone was getting excited about was the front facing haz cam, but I accidentally closed out of ustream before any of that went down

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Apparently this is one of the first pictures the rover took... has anyone seen this? Is it real or fake?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Yea it looked like they made a panoramic of the front cams. Was gonna take a screenshot but it kept pixelating.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I don't know if I am being stupid or not, but the live pictures that we are able to see via.............................

www.ustream.tv...

Wouldn't they be shown on a delay just in case there is something that NASA do not want us to see???

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Faitheliza

lol pretty cool and not bad photoshop but unfortunately fake

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I feel like a fool for not hitting print screen or something and uploading it myself.

I honestly firmly believe what I saw was a genuine UFO. It could also have been the sun reflection in 1 little seamless perfect circle and no where else on screen. But I'm going with it being an object. I mean the whole place was all ecstatic about it. We all watched it. I just payed close attention.

Now I fear they will never release the photo. It was the photo at the end of the feed if anybody recorded it. Man I hope somebody did.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

They were delayed a few seconds, but the times matched up with what the descent and landing as posted earlier this week.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by nepatitan

Thanks! I'm no expert hence asking on here coz well if it's on facebook one has to wonder

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by nepatitan
reply to post by davethebear

They were delayed a few seconds, but the times matched up with what the descent and landing as posted earlier this week.

Okay, very interesting..............Would be nice to think that we are all experiencing the same thing together at the same time in our various time zones across the globe..................cheers

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Yayyyy it worked. I went to be in the UK knowing it would land at 5:30am GMT, woke up with my fingers crossed.

Curiosity has yet to kill this cat!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Here's a replay of the post-landing press conference over on livestream, not as good of quality but... maybe they'll go on to show the segment containing the next batch of pictures?

www.livestream.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join