It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pros and cons of ATS members regrouping if shtf ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I got this idea from replying to a post from nimbinned yesterday , and thanks again for a great thread ! With all the great minds and knowledge on this sight wouldn't it be a great plan for ATS members to find a way to regroup together by regions ? I'm not talking about the preppers that have a definite plan and place to go , but the members that are prepared and mobile but no set place to go ? There is safety in numbers and ATS members seem like a good bunch to hang with when the apocylipse happens ? All criticism is welcome , maybe it's not a good idea ? Who knows ? Let's here it ATS !!

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by rick004

I agree with this, should we set up meeting points in parks or something? What were you thinking? It is likely the internet would go down.

I'm thinking of getting a less serious avatar...
edit on 5-8-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
The only problem is we'd all sit around the camp fire and have lively discussions about Conspiracy theories and no one would get any work done....ha ha...

But ya it's a good idea. With a lot of people coming together with a lot of knowledge we might make it, yeeeeyyy!

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Doubtful to have tubular internets if shtf. Even if we had a new madrid quake power would go out for months on vast areas.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
What might work is if people started ATS groups on Meetup.com where people could actually meet in person in major cities and towns. Start to grow live groups that way.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
That would be a great idea if we could all organize something of that magnitude considering ATS has such a wide member base. Plus I could then freeload considering I have no money to buy all the cool survival gear... i do have a good pair of hiking boots

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Cough Cough!

ATS will not be used as a platform for recruitment of any nature!

The rule sucks ass buuuuttt...

Thread closed in..3..2..

(Imagine the movements we could create on this platform)
edit on 5-8-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

Ya ! That's what I'm talking about ! Every region could have a chapter and we would pool knowledge and resources and decide on a safe area ? For example , where I live I'm on the border of Quebec and Ontario Canada , and only a half hours drive or a few hours bicycle ride there's mountains hundreds of lakes , and a huge aboriginal reserve about 2 hours north , if shtf we decide on an area where it would be safe abundance of fishing and hunting .

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Nope all you folks are crazy conspiracy theorists!
We would run out of tin foil and I would lose my ability to make foil wrap chicken!!!
Plus I would constantly be walking past the Alex Jones shrine and kicking it over screaming, "I TOLD YOU HE WAS WRONG"!!!
And I'm very selfish with mah Twinkies!!

Really though, I've conversed with some folks here. I'd love to sit down with a few drinks and just pick at their brains but others maybe not, if you get my drift.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

I guess I should read up on the T&C s I didn't realize that wasn't allowed ? My apologies to the Mods in advance !!

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
Cough Cough!

ATS will not be used as a platform for recruitment of any nature!

The rule sucks ass buuuuttt...

Thread closed in..3..2..

(Imagine the movements we could create on this platform)
edit on 5-8-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

why is it everywhere you post you're pointing out rules and regulations? did the nazis go to birmingham after ww2? I thought it was south america?

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
might be a good idea,but judging from most of the replies to posts on ATS lately,i think eventually the meeting place would turn into the Colosseum with everyone fighting each other, ala gladiators!!!

just a thought!

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by rick004

Ya I agree that would be cool. Like a hippy commune. So you meet up there every so often. Like maybe every so often for like a weekend retreat. Then while your there you just practice learning to get along and live off the grid. so in case the shtf all you'd have to do is be able to get there. so having it close enough that you could get there by bike or by car. that way if the roads get jammed which they will, then you still might be able to ride a bike there in a day or two. I guess even if one knew a relative or friend who had an acerage that might work to some degree to, but for thoughs of us that don't we feel a bit vulnerable. Like I'd have no place to go if the shtf. I have a wall tent and stove. so my plan was to stash those items deep in the woods. That way in case of a disaster I could go there and hang out for a bit until maybe things got better. I'm still planning to do that a precautionary measure. But ya that area you're talking about sounds really good too. BC is another good option.

edit on 5-8-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
if the SHTF, the main survival element is going to be trust...how many of you would actually trust people here on ATS with your life. just look at the profiles of people here...there are alot that won't even give out general information about themselves, even though that information is public knowledge in the areas in which they live. and now you are suggesting that when the crap starts to fly, we are going to get together like some type of retirement reunion of seal team 6?

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Call me negative or whatever, but there's so much diversity on here. ATS is not a community of like minds. There's probably as broad a spectrum of people with varying skill sets in your general locality, I'd take my chances with them rather than somebody who believes the queen is a lizard.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
if the SHTF, the main survival element is going to be trust...how many of you would actually trust people here on ATS with your life. just look at the profiles of people here...there are alot that won't even give out general information about themselves, even though that information is public knowledge in the areas in which they live. and now you are suggesting that when the crap starts to fly, we are going to get together like some type of retirement reunion of seal team 6?

I agree. People that are looking at possible starvation in the face, especially for the first time, are not the same people you typed messages too on ATS. Starvation, or any kind of calamity for that matter will change ones attitude very quickly. I've seen it first hand. In reality, and this applies to any group of people, when the shtf, people will be killing, stealing, raping, and taking anything they can get their hands on. It's hard enough to trust your own family, let alone a group of people you don't know. A logic that many will quickly follow in order to justify taking someone else property at the right moment.

Starvation or other calamity will lead to a literal hell on earth. You can find it in any American ghetto.... Multiply that by a hundred and you will have an idea of what true "Economic collapse" feels like.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

You make some valid points ! That's what I was looking for , the pros AND cons !

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
The cons of meeting Sinny would be... a truncheon to the head when out of step with the rest of the zombified soldiers marching upon whoever she seems ripe for the killing.

On a serious note... it depends on which forums you choose to meet from... the political ranting baffoonery forums you will get the argumentative "I'm right you're wrong" type of person on every aspect of life... a pro and a con.... you meet up with someone from the alien conspiracy forums you'll be in a group of a buncha nutjobs who are constantly thinking something out of this world is about to happen.... one morning you wake up to find all your camping stuff is in the river because the Annunaki told him while you were sleeping that they cannot touch water and they plan to invade on a specific time o_O I find that to be a pro and a con
You meet up with survivalists from the SHTF OMG WHAT TO DO forums... don't be surprised to find a knife to your neck in the morning because the paranoid dilusional survival of the fittest freak wants your twinky....

it goes on and on... apply the "it comes with the territory" complex accordingly and you'll get the picture... meeting up with me... I'm more of the realist/idealist/individualist and my cup of tea mixes with most... or doesn't... whichever flavor you prefer

edit on 5-8-2012 by MikhailBakunin because: trying to be productive in fear of my silly pointless posts being deleted or whatever you guys do around here

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by rick004

i will be easy to spot.
i will be wearing my ATS t-shirt and sipping from my ATS coffee mug.

i only signed up to ATS for the coffee mug.

if you see me after the SHTF, bring water and a burger.

-subfab

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by subfab
reply to post by rick004

i will be easy to spot.
i will be wearing my ATS t-shirt and sipping from my ATS coffee mug.

i only signed up to ATS for the coffee mug.

if you see me after the SHTF, bring water and a burger.

-subfab

Will you have a collection of Lovecraft's works? If so.... I might have to meet up with you *hides rambo knife slowly but awkwardly*

I'm good company

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join