It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you Mentally and Spiritually Prepared for what is to come ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
reply to post by nimbinned

Interesting list, everybody believes at least one of those things will happen, probably this year or next one. I think all of them will take place eventually.

Skeptics are an endangered species, probably will turn into a panic mob and vandals.

The skeptics will starve first...

Des

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
No, it won't be the skeptics they're usually quite a material bunch. Spiritually they won't be as prepared however.

If something does happen, its being of Good Spirit that counts and waking up, doing the community thing we're called to do, get energy devices going and little survival centers, villages, and really helping each other. Because having one month longer, (it depends much on what this is) but having one month longer for being ruthless isn't much of a drop against infinity.

I was told that those who go to the front of the lineup will be sent to the back and was shown the metaphor of the loaves and the fishes.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Thanks for this post !! I never really thought about it till now . I grew up living in the country hunting , fishing , living on limited resources and I'm a mechanic and a welder by trade , so I always thought that physically I was prepared for whatever happened . But thinking about it now , how am I going to react if my children , grandchildren , siblings , friends are dead or dying and no resources to save them ? There's a lot of mental suffering besides the survival aspect to have to deal with !

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mkmasn
Having a relationship with God is not being passive, you're right. But submitting to His will when He gave you free will IS being passive.

Sorry, I don't want to die. Even if it's God's "plan." There is nothing empowering about a plan you know nothing about playing out with you as the actor not knowing the script.

Submitting to His will is right, if you believe in God then you have to trust in Him too.

God doesn't want you to die, that's not God's plan, I wonder where did you hear that.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Interesting list, everybody believes at least one of those things will happen, probably this year or next one. I think all of them will take place eventually.

Skeptics are an endangered species, probably will turn into a panic mob and vandals.

Ahh, "eventually" meaning: someday, sometime, sooner or later, etc. This is why most people do NOT prepare. It's rationalization at its' very best! So much easier to do than prepare for "who knows when."

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by rick004

Thanks. It's something that's been playing on my mind for quite a while now, so I thought it beneficial to share with my ATS brothers and sisters.

Those are some handy skills you have. I'd want you as a neighbour for sure

Peace * Ned

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
God, im gonna miss vanilla ice cream...............

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

All us ATS members should start a thread so when "shtf" we can all meet and regroup ! With are combined efforts we might stand a chance at surviving !! All the Best !!

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mkmasn
Having a relationship with God is not being passive, you're right. But submitting to His will when He gave you free will IS being passive.

Sorry, I don't want to die. Even if it's God's "plan." There is nothing empowering about a plan you know nothing about playing out with you as the actor not knowing the script.

Submitting to His will is right, if you believe in God then you have to trust in Him too.

God doesn't want you to die, that's not God's plan, I wonder where did you hear that.

Which God are you referring to?

It is God's plan that you die, otherwise, people wouldn't die...

If we are talking about the omnipotent Christian God, then it is definitely His plan that very many people die. 2 Corinthians 4:4 states Satan is the "god of this world," which could only happen if God granted him that power. "In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them."

*Edit: This doesn't even take into account that the all powerful God would create an evil being and allow him to do His most beloved creations harm, knowing full well it was going to happen.

The simple fact is, if you believe in one God, you must accept that He/She/It is both good and evil. How do you know which will you are submitting yourself to? The earlier books of the Jewish bible understood this. "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things." Isiah 45:7

Islam understands this as well. "If any good reaches them, they say, “This is from Allah,” but if any evil befalls them, they say, “This happened because of you.” Say: “All things are from Allah.” What is wrong with these people that they do not understand any word?" An-Nisa' 78

If you believe in multiple Gods, there are Gods of birth, harvest, light, darkness, life, death.

If you believe in no God, you understand there can be no good without evil.

Let's assume there is a higher power, which created the universe. There are three possibilities:

1) He/She/It has their hand in all things. At some point, when the SHTF, it will be their doing, directly.

2) He/She/It has since moved on, or is just watching to see what happens. They will do nothing to help.

3) He/She/It is dead. They will do nothing to help.

Either way, I choose to live. If God knows all, he knows I like living, regardless of the situation, and would tailor his plan around that.
edit on 4-8-2012 by mkmasn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by rick004

Your idea is good, If you start that thread, please send me a u2u, so I can participate.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by mkmasn

Either way, I choose to live. If God knows all, he knows I like living, regardless of the situation, and would tailor his plan around that.

At the end, we agree. I live everyday like that, trying to do the right thing and hoping my actions are good after God's eyes.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

The skeptics will starve first...

"I am a prepper in the holistic sense."

I fully agree to prep ( I am ready already)- when all supplies are exhausted and it's go time- you better be prepared spiritually.

Evidently I am an usher-
I have had a reoccurring dream (10 times or so in 25 years) of being an usher a few hundred yards from the waters top. In the foothills, with at least one Angel (mostly two of them are there. They hover inches away- one is dark like it rolled in a damp mud) keeping watch on me (on how I am directing these migrants to safe ground) and telling me what to do without words.

In hindsight I am standing on the dirt trail and all I would have to do is point, in order to keep the endless trail of people going up the trail to (obviously higher ground) safety.

I have dreamed this too many times to let it go into the -s hi tr>.
So here is my dream plight that IS evidently within my lifetime.
Red sky's at twilight and then a two day flooding of the inland's with 80ft of ocean water.
I have realized that it's a dream during the dream and tried to vary, it was not much use.

I believe that either these beings, religion and or mother earth will come forth and clench the earth, all within my years left.

BTW- they don't flap their wings.

Des

edit on 5-8-2012 by Tribble because: BTW- they don't flap their wings.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by elrem48

Ahh, "eventually" meaning: someday, sometime, sooner or later, etc. This is why most people do NOT prepare. It's rationalization at its' very best! So much easier to do than prepare for "who knows when."

Well, sadly we can't have a due date for those events. It doesn't mean vital information is not available in some cases. One example is the economic colapse, it's easier to have an estimated date, probably because it's manmade.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

I agree to a point....Yes I agree think preparedness is good to do.

But here's my thoughts. First, I think most disasters are geographically targeted. So unless you get hit then there's no need to prep that much. Also even if there was an economic collapse then you need to be able to survive between 6 to 12 weeks max. Chances are strong by that time various solutions will be implemented to fix the issues.

So I keep some food some water etc....

But the bible instructs us not to bother with preping. That's not what Jesus taught. He said....

Matthew 6:25

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?

The point is I got news for all preppers, YOUR NOT GETTING OUT OF LIFE ALIVE, HELLO?? If you're spiritually prepped then you don't have to worry as much about that stuff.

But I think it's prudent to put away a bit of stuff, just not obsess over it.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
As sooo
the potential for nothing of doom happening is as possible as the threats which are supposedly ahead of us..
then what?

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

This is so true. I had been sucked into all the atheist propaganda before I realised there was a Marxist takeover going on in the world, then faced with my own mortality, I sought for a spiritual belief in God and wow! do I feel stronger now! It's such a different feeling.

It's Marxist bile that religion makes you weak. If you believe in something, you'll have the strength to go down fighting like the Muslims are doing now - instead of with a whimper.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

To quote Bill Hicks:

"There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves."

That pretty much encapsulates my philosophy.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Place all your faith and belief in a higher force, because you will need that strength to help you pull through this test

If we are constantly shifting responsibility to a higher power, how will we ever find the strength to do do it ourselves?
edit on 5-8-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

The point is I got news for all preppers, YOUR NOT GETTING OUT OF LIFE ALIVE, HELLO?? If you're spiritually prepped then you don't have to worry as much about that stuff.

While I believe in the importance of faith and being spiritually prepared for death, who says a SHTF scenario is necessarily the end of your life? As a parent I feel obligated to prepare for worst case scenarios; it’s called being a responsible parent. I believe in God but I don’t leave things to chance when it comes to the lives of my family. I don’t think God commanded everyone to leave things up to fate and not have any personal responsibility.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I think its great to be prepared and I am very into survival skills etc etc, but to say I will be prepared for what could happen is a stretch.........when most people have ate up all their food stores what is left to eat?

We live in a country that lives off fast food and when theres nothing left to eat you may be that option for them. I dunno if one can really prepare for that mentally. IMHO

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join