It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real life Jurassic park coming to Austraillia

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Greed finds a way.

Second line.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
This is a great idea! Although I think he should start with herbivores. I'm all for advancing science. Also, it will probably be a small exhibit with only a few dinosaurs, I would think.
edit on 3-8-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
reply to post by TheBloodRed

Dolly the sheep lived for 6 years. died of a cancer of some type. i don't think lifespan is the issue, the lack of embryos and a nice uterus to grow them in would be the real issue.
maybe science holds the key.....remember main stream knowledge is not the only kind.

How many fails did they have to go through to get one that lasted more than a week?

Clue: more than a few dozen

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
This is just too cool!
I think this video can better help to sum up my feelings....

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Yes, Yes, there is always ewwwing and awwwing at the start, then later, running and screaming......

Come on, someone had to do it
forgive me

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Why is it so common wealthy people get chastised for what they spend their money on? Whereas everyone else can spend their money on whatever. If someone suggested it was wrong that someone making 60 grand a year spent his money on a Porsche that person would probably get shot down and told there was nothing wrong with that person spending money however wanted. Why is this any different? People approve of capitalism and approve of the freedom to spend money on pleasure and entertainment....except if you reach a certain wealth?

So he should have spent the money on disease research, sustainable housing, education? Okay. How many people who make say between 1-2 grand a month donate to these causes? Surely everyone can donate to these causes relative to their wealth. Perhaps that means 5$ for Bob the mechanic. Yet Bob donates zero. No one tells Bob he could have and should have spent some of his cash on Cancer research.

So the rich billionaire bought a bigger 'Porsche'. Why the negativity? Don't you actually support the freedom? And do you yourself donate to these greater causes relative to your wealth? I love the idea of him spending his wealth on these 'greater goods' and I think we all should. I don't love the idea that we have to...

Anyways.

I hope he clones a Tricerotops. Add them to the Rodeo. I might actually enjoy going to them then!
Or maybe upgrade bull running with Velociraptors.

edit on 3-8-2012 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Hey anyone know what dinosaur DNA they are claiming t have. I wanna know what animals will be on the ride. T Rex? Diplodicus? Brachiosaur? Triceratops? Just wondering?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I suggest those who are taking this seriously take the time to investigate who Clive Palmer is...

He's a nutter to be honest - he thought the CIA was after him awhile ago - and if you watch an interviews with him, it seems to me he sniffs coc aine.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ghostsoldier

He's a billionaire...maybe the CIA is interested in him!

Let's suppose he does get crunktified, and is a bit paranoid.

Does that in any way mean he's not capable of building this place

Billionaires can afford to be messed on blow, and paranoid, while still being successful.

They're not crazy, just eccentric.

Think: Howard Hughes

edit on 3-8-2012 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ghostsoldier

and if you watch an interviews with him, it seems to me he sniffs coc aine.

Plenty of intelligent and influential people have taken mind-altering substances. Many famous ones.

So that wasn't a strong point

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
They are extinct creatures. We have no right to try and bring them back.
Stupid is as stupid does.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realm52

I think any normal human wouldn't really know what to do with billions of dollars, I guess someone had to try the Dinosaur thing at some stage

Oh I would. Try me.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I don't think cloning has come far enough to do anything on that level anytime soon.

As I said on the other thread, I don't think the modern atmosphere would be able to support it.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Wasn't there some atmospheric or gravitational explanation for why life was so much bigger then? If those conditions are not present now would the cloned dinosaur even grow to a large size?

If that was too silly of a question feel free to let me know!

reply to post by Cynic

They are extinct creatures. We have no right to try and bring them back.

Nevermind dinosaurs for a second. Let's say the modern industrial world is directly related to the cause of a species going extinct. Someone says 'we had no right to make them go extinct'. Would you approve of resurrecting them in that case?
edit on 3-8-2012 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Yeah really. I would put enough in the bank to live decent until I am about 120 years old, and start a boatload of charities to benefit kids with the rest. Even as broke as I am now, I still donate my time at least. I don't need no yatchs, private jets, lambos.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Nevermind dinosaurs for a second. Let's say the modern industrial world is directly related to the cause of a species going extinct. Someone says 'we had no right to make them go extinct'. Would you approve of resurrecting them in that case?

I think that cat is out of the bag already. Or maybe I am imagining things, but I could have sworn there was at least one species that was extinct we cloned.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

Seems like they would have to pull off the wooly mammoth first.
It's possible though. Seems like something that would take decades of manipulation though. Maybe stripping an ostrich egg of all of it's dna? They would have to strip all the DNA from the mother out or it wouldn't be pure, which I know they can do, but eh I dunno.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I think that cat is out of the bag already.

Yeah I didn't mean it to come across that way. I am fairly certain you're correct. I was just trying to challenge his mind with that ethical question.

The whole 'you shouldn't play God' argument is one that I believe even the people that say it will gladly retract given the 'right' scenario.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Ok, I have been wrong before, wasn't sure if it was another dimension slip. I don't like the idea of cloning dinos, at all. Not just because of the jurassic park thing, but because non indiginious animals can wreak havok on an ecosystem. I imagine an animal that has been dead for like a million years could do way worse to an ecosystem than an animal from across the world.

I also have problems with making headless 16 winged chickens too. Some lines just shouldn't be crossed.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
There was a paleontologist several years ago that soaked a dinosaur bone in an acid wash to clean it and when she came back 23 minutes later the marrow had been revived and blood vessels could be seen and most of the books are having to be rewritten because of her discovery...

Wow that really is incredible.
I found the link regarding it and really is a great read

www.smithsonianmag.com...

In the course of testing a B. rex bone fragment further, Schweitzer asked her lab technician, Jennifer Wittmeyer, to put it in weak acid, which slowly dissolves bone, including fossilized bone—but not soft tissues. One Friday night in January 2004, Wittmeyer was in the lab as usual. She took out a fossil chip that had been in the acid for three days and put it under the microscope to take a picture. “[The chip] was curved so much, I couldn’t get it in focus,” Wittmeyer recalls. She used forceps to flatten it. “My forceps kind of sunk into it, made a little indentation and it curled back up. I was like, stop it!” Finally, through her irritation, she realized what she had: a fragment of dinosaur soft tissue left behind when the mineral bone around it had dissolved. Suddenly Schweitzer and Wittmeyer were dealing with something no one else had ever seen. For a couple of weeks, Wittmeyer said, it was like Christmas every day.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join